TForce | Amazon answers the question, What can Brown do for you?

Dracula

TB Veteran
Credits
Apparently, not as much as it use too. The last thing that UPS wants to see.
Amazon is building it's own pack it and deliver it service, otherwise known as Amazon Prime, which means less dependence on UPS and FedEx. Any increase of delivery control by Amazon means more leverage over the future price contracts between Amazon,UPS, and FedEx. I know, I know, and I know, the prevailing arrogance is that UPS and FedEx are the kings of parcel delivery and a pack and ship it company can't survive without using their services. Amazon is not your typical pack it and ship it company. In the world of pack it and ship it, Amazon is the 800lb gorilla pack it and ship it company. Amazon will continue to use UPS and FedEx but the day is coming when both companies are going to lose a substantial portion of their Amazon business revenue. it's coming, it's just a question of when and how much.

And with an army of uber type "independent contractors ", and minimum wages to go along with it, they will whoop the crap out of ups, and FedEx .....

FedEx hauls very little amazon now. .. can't remember the last time I seen a amazon package. .... fedex smartpost biggest customer I would say is walmart.

This will hurt the US Postal service more then anything, ups hands most amazon packages to them to deliver.

Not necessarily.....
Fedex smartpost delivers amazon and other companies to a cartage company ....which delivers it to the post office for final delivery.

UPS sure post... delivers to the post office for final delivery.

So I'm pretty sure amazon prime does the same. .... in my area amazon prime is delivered to the same company as fedex smartpost to take to the post office. ..

Both Fed-Ex and UPS made BILLIONS before Amazon, and they'll continue to make BILLIONS without Amazon....
You are absolutely right and wrong. Both FedEx and UPS helped Jeff Bezos create a monster. The monster is hungry and there is no limit to its appetite. In 1994, Amazon was headquartered in Bezos's garage and had a market value of zero. In 2016, Amazon's market value was estimated at 293 billion dollars. In contrast, WalMart's value was 216 billion and UPS was 94 billion. Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon, has an estimated net worth of 66 billion. The list of his startups and acquisitions is too much to go into, but, suffice to say, that Bezos, who is only 52 years old, is still hungry for more and is still on the hunt. He is not the guy you want to be nothing more important to than a paper boy delivering his paper, and taking money out of his pocket. If he wants to, he can start his own paper delivery system, keep the money, and the paperboy will be out, and when I say out, I mean off the streets, period.
Yes, it is absolutely true that UPS and FedEx made billions before Amazon and, if Bezos allows it, both will make billions after Amazon. But if he wanted too, and apparently he does, with the only question being as to what extent, he can muscle his way into the package delivery business and there ain't nothing the paperboys can do about it.

You are absolutely right and wrong. Both FedEx and UPS helped Jeff Bezos create a monster. The monster is hungry and there is no limit to its appetite. In 1994, Amazon was headquartered in Bezos's garage and had a market value of zero. In 2016, Amazon's market value was estimated at 293 billion dollars. In contrast, WalMart's value was 216 billion and UPS was 94 billion. Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon, has an estimated net worth of 66 billion. The list of his startups and acquisitions is too much to go into, but, suffice to say, that Bezos, who is only 52 years old, is still hungry for more and is still on the hunt. He is not the guy you want to be nothing more important to than a paper boy delivering his paper, and taking money out of his pocket. If he wants to, he can start his own paper delivery system, keep the money, and the paperboy will be out, and when I say out, I mean off the streets, period.
Yes, it is absolutely true that UPS and FedEx made billions before Amazon and, if Bezos allows it, both will make billions after Amazon. But if he wanted too, and apparently he does, with the only question being as to what extent, he can muscle his way into the package delivery business and there ain't nothing the paperboys can do about it.
That is the exact reason That I was told Amazon Prime is buying YRC. :hide: OUCH !!!!!!!!:idunno:

I believe they'll be very selective in how far they go with final mile delivery. It's a saturated market and nothing but government rules and regulations.

Just a paint job on an airplane is one cost,after that the cost to operate their own shipping fleet to haul just their own merchandise.
Well in my opinion they may find out they were more profitable farming out their shipping to small pack companies.
Mind you this may just be my opinion,however my thoughts are based on my 45 years in trucking.
Where I've seen companies come & go with some of their bright ideas.

Just a paint job on an airplane is one cost,after that the cost to operate their own shipping fleet to haul just their own merchandise.
Well in my opinion they may find out they were more profitable farming out their shipping to small pack companies.
Mind you this may just be my opinion,however my thoughts are based on my 45 years in trucking.
Where I've seen companies come & go with some of their bright ideas.
Most companies do not realize it's much more than loading the truck and sending the driver on his way, the amount of back end work with maint, compliance etc. overwhelms most, or their ignorance to the requirements lands them in trouble.