Yellow | America’s trucker shortage could undermine economy

They have been saying there is a driver shortage for at least 35 years and how many millions of drivers have come and gone because the job sucks? Give me a break.

I started in a straight truck in 1973. Then the company bought an old Ford Louisville and a pup trailer.
Off I went without any training at all. Everywhere I went people were waving their arms and yelling no, NO!
I got better over time, and even figured out what the red button on the gearshift was for.
Amazing what speed you can obtain when going from the low side to the high side. von.

Seventy may be the new sixty, eighty may be the new seventy, but 85 is still pretty old to work in America. Yet, in some ways, it is the era of the very-old-worker in America.

Overall, 255,000 Americans, 85-years-old and over, were working over the past 12 months. That's 4.4 percent of Americans that age, up from 2.6 percent in 2006, before the recession. It's the highest number on record.

They're doing all sorts of jobs - crossing guards, farmers and ranchers, even truckers, as my colleague Heather Long revealed in a front-page story last week. Indeed, there are between 1,000 and 3,000 U.S. truckers age 85 or older, based on 2016 Census Bureau figures. Their ranks have roughly doubled since the Great Recession.

https://www.lmtonline.com/business/...er-of-folks-age-85-and-older-are-13051373.php

Seventy may be the new sixty, eighty may be the new seventy, but 85 is still pretty old to work in America. Yet, in some ways, it is the era of the very-old-worker in America.

Overall, 255,000 Americans, 85-years-old and over, were working over the past 12 months. That's 4.4 percent of Americans that age, up from 2.6 percent in 2006, before the recession. It's the highest number on record.

They're doing all sorts of jobs - crossing guards, farmers and ranchers, even truckers, as my colleague Heather Long revealed in a front-page story last week. Indeed, there are between 1,000 and 3,000 U.S. truckers age 85 or older, based on 2016 Census Bureau figures. Their ranks have roughly doubled since the Great Recession.

https://www.lmtonline.com/business/...er-of-folks-age-85-and-older-are-13051373.php
Do you fall into the first 1,000 oldest???