TForce | America may soon face its biggest labor strike in decades

Well then toilet paper,I will only hope a strike doesn't have to happen to settle the contract.
From my past experience with walk-outs back in the day.
A lot of the time workers wind up with less just to get back to work.

We could care less about what Amazon or FedEx think. We've had enough of the lies and treatment.
UPS, can lie and harass me all they like, as long as they pay me $36.29 an hour, and pay me on Friday. I work 3 days a week and get paid for forty. Toilet, some day you will be a top dog, take 4 day weekends.

Well you see bubba we have 0 schedules that a less than 5 days a week, we all put in 55 to 70 hours a week and none of us make $36.29 unless were on overtime. We also pay a portion of our health insurance. We dont have heat nor fans on the dock except up north.

Well you see bubba we have 0 schedules that a less than 5 days a week, we all put in 55 to 70 hours a week and none of us make $36.29 unless were on overtime. We also pay a portion of our health insurance. We dont have heat nor fans on the dock except up north.
There is going to be a big turn over at parcel after 1 Aug, do they let any freight go to parcel.

Is this an all or nothing deal? If Freight side can't agree does it mess with Package? Or vice versa? Apologies , I have not seen this explained anywhere.

Nope..we have separate contracts we are separate companies
But from what I have been told by a package steward, "if we strike freight will also, even if freight accepts their contract we all strike", I'm not sure if he was correct on the issue but he did sound serious.

The industry and the economy will implode if UPS goes on strike. In 1997 the LTL Carriers made no money on the business that got dumped on them. LTL Carriers will implode with all the package type business as well the 40,000 shipments per day at UPS Freight that will be dumped on them. Supply Chain will totally be impacted as FedEx could not be able to handle all the increased volume.
UPS & UPS Freight are totally in control and have the upper hand, and UPS Management is painfully aware of that.

But from what I have been told by a package steward, "if we strike freight will also, even if freight accepts their contract we all strike", I'm not sure if he was correct on the issue but he did sound serious.
I haven't heard that from my local...

The industry and the economy will implode if UPS goes on strike. In 1997 the LTL Carriers made no money on the business that got dumped on them. LTL Carriers will implode with all the package type business as well the 40,000 shipments per day at UPS Freight that will be dumped on them. Supply Chain will totally be impacted as FedEx could not be able to handle all the increased volume.
UPS & UPS Freight are totally in control and have the upper hand, and UPS Management is painfully aware of that.
I wish you guys the best but this ain't 1997. The union bosses then were not Hoffa and his cronies. Who is going to strike with you and who is available to pick up the slack? What union companies are going to go out in solidarity with you? It may be true that FedEx and the post office can't cover everything but they don't have too. Remember those 70,000 or so non union UPS employees, that the union didn't fight to keep on the pension plan. They are about to give you the same your #1 salute that the union bosses gave them. They will cross the picket line and why shouldn't they? They don't have a dog in this fight. Good luck.

Everybody just needs to chill out. UPS saw the strike authorization vote count, they know that it's not in their best interest to provoke a strike.

I hope we do strike, they've been screwing us freight dock guys with Manditory extra days to break freight our extremely underperforming end of lines are supposed to be working.
Had 67 hours on Fridays check, and already have 17 on this weeks.
They are burning the guys at the hubs out big time.

Last edited:
Not to rain on you're parade,but here is some thing to give some thought to.
I know these current contract negotiations are not just about more pay.
Working conditions & using contractors are also a big concern.

However on the pay side,walking out & the loss of pay for a day or more.
Figure how much of a pay increase would you need just to gain for that loss of work?

Even though I'm retired I'd really hate to see a strike.

We could care less about what Amazon or FedEx think. We've had enough of the lies and treatment.
Well you should’ve had your ass at the local 509 general membership meeting yesterday @10. One of the topics discussed was ups freight subcontractors. I spoke up for u guys and said keep contractors but make language more defined instead of vague. Only one UPSF driver there but yet bitching on here continues.