'Amnesty Don' trending on Twitter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by icuicp, Sep 15, 2017.

1. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

He never claimed rich people would not get taxed more heavily. He claimed while running for president that corporate taxes would be 15%.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/524451/

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I get that. But Trump is now three for three in dropping the core campaign issues. He has become Jeb Bush, to the Left of Marco Rubio. His leaked amnesty plan of the past 8 months is Jeb's. Yet no one criticizes him for that??????? He was right- he HAS shot in Times Square, and people still faithfully follow.....:duh::regretful:. Do I want someone else? No! I just want him to do what he promised, instead of blaming everyone but himself.

Northern Flash likes this.
  3. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Skinny repeal still better than nothing you need to start somewhere McCain wasn't covering for his mates he was getting even for what Trump said during the campaign. I give him full respect for his service to his country but he should have been gone long ago.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

He has said it repeatedly since June 2015. And again, two days ago. I'm late for bed, no time to look it up. Won't change your mind anyway. I just posted where he said it Weds, and you still dont believe it...

5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

If you think it was just McCain, you're way too niaeve to follow politics. Sorry. There are more Repubs in the two Houses that want Ocare than those that want it gone. Leadership knows who is against and can survive voting that way, and who can't survive a vote like that. Leadership picks who is allowed to be the sinking vote in advance. It's all arranged, to cover for their mates. Always has been, always will be. Politics is a grimy, sleazy, dirty biz of covering for each other. It's why I got out of it, decades ago.

Northern Flash and icuicp like this.
  6. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...-curse-sanders-delivered-perfect-response?amp

Can he change his mind?

7. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

You're correct I don't. I just posted his campaign promise and your denying that also.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/524451/

For individuals, the plan would:

• reduce the number of tax brackets from seven to three and cut the top marginal rate from 39.6 to 35 percent

• double the standard deduction, while eliminating most tax breaks except for home ownership and charitable deductions

• repeal several taxes, including the Alternative Minimum Tax, the estate tax, and the Obamacare tax on investment income
    For businesses, the plan would:

• reduce the corporate tax rate to 15 percent, paid for with unspecified cuts to “special interests” and a “one-time tax on trillions of dollars held overseas”

• allow small-business owners to have their income taxed at 15 percent, as well (much more on this later)

• move to a territorial tax system, in which businesses would only pay tax on income earned in the U.S. (so, Boeing wouldn’t pay taxes on planes sold to an Australian airline)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    slavenomore likes this.
  8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

He was elected on three main core issues. Build the wall/amnesty. Cut taxes. Full repeal of OCare the first week.

He's not only reverted to his Dem days of 1990-2005, he's become Jeb Bush.

In his primary interviews, he often was on both sides of issues within the same 5 minute span. SO,.... which time of his mind do you want him to change? I still support the side I voted for. But 1/3 of his voters, like me, need convinced that he still wants what attracted voters to elect him.

falconfan, Northern Flash and SAC75 like this.
  9. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

I want what he promised too but someone has to write the bill to vote on. Pretty hard to vote on a straight repeal of O care without a straight O care repeal submitted. The same could be said about everything he ran under. If the senate won't put it up for a vote then he is forced to compromise with the democrats. And here we are. Watered down or nothing.

falconfan likes this.
  10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I agree that that's his Official Plan from his campaign website. I supported thst, and posted it would be excellent.

In his rambling train of thought speeches, he wandered both For that plan, and aimlessly rambling other 'might have tos'. I can live with that in a campaign. I balance his rhetoric and wish list against Hillary's, and vote Trump every day.

That's not what has happened this past week. He's dining Pelosi and Schumer, and telling reporters he has (what always were Dem) views....

HE'S his own worst enemy.

icuicp and SAC75 like this.
  11. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

I agree with this post but based on this post what you propose Trump do ? If we want the wall, tough immigration enforcement and taxes he has to sacrifice something. IMO the GOP has shown this President he can not count on them alone to get his agenda done.

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

He told Leadership what he wanted in repeal. The first vote failed, because, in part, he said it HAS TO HAVE pre existing conditions. Then, when the second one passed, he celebrated, and two days later Said it was a mean bill, because it gave states an escape. He does NOT want repeal. He just wants a Win, so he can check off the box, declare he won, and move on. He's used to quick victories. His past biz deals, whenever some home owner told him No-one he blew up and ruined him by malicious lies. Now, in politics, it's easier, since his donations got Chuck Schumer elected in the first place. Trump has no core principles, except claiming victory. Doesn't matter what the actual bill says, he just wants quick victories. That leaves you and I hanging, deserted. Only you faithfully hang on, being dragged around...

icuicp likes this.
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Honestly, I don't know. If we had strong Congressional Leadership, Ryan would (and has voiced) that Repubs control the House, and write the bills. But half the Repubs are RINOs, and Trump's default views are Dems, so I expect nothing but more Dems making laws, and im disappointed. Telling them to enshrine DACA via law is wrong. He can and should end it today by pen. No nation in the entire world has ever made the children of illegals citizens. If one does, might as well just throw open the borders and tell the world to come here, vote, and take our money.

If I was Prez the budgets would have been vetoed until I get my way. Reagan shut down the government 8 times, and every following election the Repubs gained more seats. Newt shut down the government, during Clinton, and Repubs again gained seats. Today's Repubs and Trump are spineless wannabes. Giving in constantly, never actually Working For something. So they/we deserve what we elected. Nothing....

icuicp likes this.
  14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

You carry on the good fight, im REALLY Late. Nite nite....

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I will leave to ponder one thought. Why do repubs always say WE MUST compromise?

I guarantee if Pelosi gets back in charge, she won't compromise one DIme. Obama didn't. Hillary wouldn't. Why always us????

Big Dave and icuicp like this.
  16. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

If he stays in tight with Chuck and Nancy I'd be willing to hold off awhile on impeachment.
    Lets see how it goes for a little longer.
    What do you think?

17. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

It seems that in DC there are two ways to get things done...hold the majority in the House and Senate and force feed it to the opposing party or compromise. Ideally they should all compromise the right amount at the right times, failure to do so is why there's gridlock there. The Republican opponents to Trump are the road blocks to getting things done right now.

slavenomore and Keepingon like this.
  18. Magoo

If you ask me Trump has no center of belief other than to make his project get through.
    I think now that he's found out what the job is like, he wants to take his name off the list of worst ever presidents.
    I'm sure he wishes Hillary would have won and he didn't have to deal with all of this.

I think he seen as most of us have that the Republican Congress is highly dysfunctional.
    Democrats have a reputation of dysfunction but Republicans seemed to have out done them.

19. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

Exactly. Trump's new BFFs, Nancy and Chuck, are playing him like a fiddle right now. They are going to pull the old "rope a dope" trick on him. Give them their amnesty now and they'll get you the wall later.(and it will never be built) Trump is a fool if he falls for this.

And like ABFer said, this is one issue that Trump better not cave on....since building that wall was one of his main campaign promises.

If I wanted Jeb Bush's border policy or Little Marco's amnesty, I would have voted for Jeb or Marco.

20. Magoo

Could be you guys are about to get raped.
    Have your whistle handy