TForce | An alternative to IBT.....Association of Parcel Workers of America

nospinzone said:
I don’t see the comparison here. Its like apples and...oldsmobiles. The APWA charter and rules require that all officers must have been UPS employees for at least ten years. Hence, its reasonable to make the statement that this is a self-governed/self-represented union. You will actually know your business agent because he/she has been working with you for ten+ years. If you don’t like the performance of your elected officers, then you and your co-workers AT UPSF can vote them out. You don’t need approval of workers at five other companies to change the leadership. You and your co-workers votes are the only voices that matter.

What a coincidence....

All the elected officials in my local came off the jobs that they currently represent. I know them all personally from working with them everday before they took office. It didn't matter what job they worked on, we all worked on the same streets. Now, if I am not mistaken, when officers are selected for various positions such as on joint councils or the International itself, most, not all, have worked their way up from behind a wheel at some point in their careers.

As far as changing the officials (for whatever reason), this would take place under a nomination or petition started at a union meeting. Whether one company or 100 companies, this procedure would have to be adhered to. So basically, your point of the amount of approval by represented workers is moot. You still would need a majority vote no matter how many companies are involved.

You and your co-workers votes are the only voices that matter.
Just like it is now.

Currently the APWA is not a collective bargaining agent for any employee. I’ve never made the claim to the contrary. But you want to talk about experience. Hoffa had zero experience at running a union…let alone knowing first hand how the contract affected the voting members. When APWA officers sit at the negotiating table, they will have the 50+ years of UPS experience to assist them in the process. Fifty years of knowledge telling them what does need to be in the contract language and what doesnt belong there. Not even to mention the lawyers lined up by the APWA who have successfully negotiated contracts with numerous other companies and unions. Now, I can see that the idea of truck drivers representing truck drivers at the negotiating table with Buster alarms you a bit. It also alarms the Teamsters because they continue to send IBT international vice-presidents on the Teamsters dime to all of the APWA meetings.

Currently not a collective bargaining agent = zero experience. Hoffa may not have had actual experience when he took office, but the organization had been around for decades. He was however a lawyer, brought in with him or retained other lawyers that had a working knowledge of the Teamsters, advisors and supporters that did indeed work their way up through the ranks. While APWA agents may have 50??? years experience working at UPS, they aren't necessarily privy to all the mechanics behind the BIG BROWN MACHINE!! While they may have lawyers that have successfully negotiated contracts before, they have no experience negotiating with UPS....which by the way, the Teamsters do. One other thing APWA doesn't have is the backing of the remaining 1.2million Teamsters nationwide.

hugnlug said:
You forgot to tell skeeter about the free pen and mug. But act now and also recieve a free t-shirt!! A $19.99 value. And as being a long time listener, first time caller he'll also recieve a personal letter generically written by the president welcoming him.
sure RON POPIEL isn't the real prez of apwa,',act now,get a ronco steamer',or 'act now,and get a can of CROMEDOME COVER SPRAY',FOR THAT BALD,THINNING SPOT':biglaugh: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: CRAAAZZZYYYYYY!

stldude44 said:
NoSpin,
You really should change your name. All this amounts to is typical TDU type politics in which the current leaders are attacked while those throwing the stones have no accomplishments to put forward. Negative campaigning at it's finest. Real Teamsters and Americans in general are tired of this type of garbage. Especially coming from guys who choose not to pay dues but still enjoy the benefits of the Teamsters.
ya know,stldude,it's not often when tdu'ers and non tdu'ers can agree on something,but look at TDU's website,they say the same thing'PHONEY'S,SHAM'S,CONJOB'S' and that their corporate owned/controlled,and run. look at all the right to work garbage on apwa's website,a corporate attorney is their legal department/attorney. this is supposed to be a 'legal union':BS: these people exposed themselves,and their agenda,the QUACKS!:nutkick: :duh:THEIR A SHAM!

Animo916 said:
What a coincidence....

All the elected officials in my local came off the jobs that they currently represent. I know them all personally from working with them everday before they took office. It didn't matter what job they worked on, we all worked on the same streets. Now, if I am not mistaken, when officers are selected for various positions such as on joint councils or the International itself, most, not all, have worked their way up from behind a wheel at some point in their careers.

As far as changing the officials (for whatever reason), this would take place under a nomination or petition started at a union meeting. Whether one company or 100 companies, this procedure would have to be adhered to. So basically, your point of the amount of approval by represented workers is moot. You still would need a majority vote no matter how many companies are involved.

Just like it is now.

Currently not a collective bargaining agent = zero experience. Hoffa may not have had actual experience when he took office, but the organization had been around for decades. He was however a lawyer, brought in with him or retained other lawyers that had a working knowledge of the Teamsters, advisors and supporters that did indeed work their way up through the ranks. While APWA agents may have 50??? years experience working at UPS, they aren't necessarily privy to all the mechanics behind the BIG BROWN MACHINE!! While they may have lawyers that have successfully negotiated contracts before, they have no experience negotiating with UPS....which by the way, the Teamsters do. One other thing APWA doesn't have is the backing of the remaining 1.2million Teamsters nationwide.
A BILLION AND 1% RIGHT,ANIMO.this goof must think that everyone is:duh: DUMB! if anyone can't see throught apwa's smokescreen,send em the $150.00,and see what you get back in return:nutkick: the same as before you sent the $150.00-O:chairshot: :nutkick:AND JUST EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE-0,in other words,0+0 still =O=NOTHINGS!

saddletramp said:
Me thinks Mr. NoSpin probably uses one of the Union Busting Attorneys that "represent" Danny and company at APWA. Good company to keep there boys, gettin in bed with the lawyers!
DANNY,OR VAN,or? nospin spun himself out on apwa's spin,exposing himself,and apwa's true agenda:nutkick: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: ,is there room in that bed for ESKEW,SUGGS,& MORROW?,must be awful crowded in there.

nospinzone said:
I don’t see the comparison here. Its like apples and...oldsmobiles. The APWA charter and rules require that all officers must have been UPS employees for at least ten years. Hence, its reasonable to make the statement that this is a self-governed/self-represented union. You will actually know your business agent because he/she has been working with you for ten+ years. If you don’t like the performance of your elected officers, then you and your co-workers AT UPSF can vote them out. You don’t need approval of workers at five other companies to change the leadership. You and your co-workers votes are the only voices that matter.

Now…I don’t see how James Hoffa or half the people at Teamsters fill that description. But I bet Skillman knows a thing or two about hauling doubles and driving trucks and dealing with the BS that UPS will soon be throwing at you. And since you would be voting for officers and business agents that work with you, they WILL know what its like to move freight and work a dock.
My reply to you--- ---------
Currently the APWA is not a collective bargaining agent for any employee. I’ve never made the claim to the contrary. But you want to talk about experience. Hoffa had zero experience at running a union…let alone knowing first hand how the contract affected the voting members. When APWA officers sit at the negotiating table, they will have the 50+ years of UPS experience to assist them in the process. Fifty years of knowledge telling them what does need to be in the contract language and what doesnt belong there. Not even to mention the lawyers lined up by the APWA who have successfully negotiated contracts with numerous other companies and unions. Now, I can see that the idea of truck drivers representing truck drivers at the negotiating table with Buster alarms you a bit. It also alarms the Teamsters because they continue to send IBT international vice-presidents on the Teamsters dime to all of the APWA meetings.

You’re right…you can’t blame Teamsters for the decline in trucking companies. But it was obviously a good thing for the IBT trustees and officers…..cause the way it stands now, IBT is responsible for tanking the monies of only fifteen companies participating in their multi-employer pension plans whereas it woulda been responsible for a helluva lot more!! Check the sources I provided. Mr. John Howard Sanden, the gentleman that painted those pictures, charges quite a hefty fee. If you have some verifiable information to the contrary, I’ll gladly correct myself.
I don’t consider myself gullible when reading about the felony convictions of Teamster officials or reading the reports of the Independent Special Counsel Honorable Frank J. McGarr who is responsible for reporting to a federal judge how under-funded the pension plans are. When it is in black and white like that, its not that hard to believe. And remember how only 60% of UPS contributions go to non-UPS employees? Imagine how muc better insurance and retirement benefits we'd be enjoyin if we got the whole 100%???
That doesn’t seem to bother the drivers in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, New Mexico, California, and Massachusets(all of which are non-right to work states) who seem very interested in what APWA has to offer—enough to have scheduled or requesting to schedule info meetings in those states.
All I can say about Mr. BM’s comments above is…..should anyone choose to contact an APWA officer or fellow UPS’er that’s a part of this to question them and express your doubts, you wont get the demeaning name calling and intimidation that you see above. Regardless of how strongly you support or disagree with the APWA, you’ll get respect in return. Oddly enough to me, IBT has always resorted to name calling and character assassination when trying to win the confidence of members who choose to think independently and ask questions. It’s a rather odd way of recruitment, organizing, and maintaining the support of said members. But if its worked in the past (ie...organizing Overnite)....no sense in changing your methods now.

Sorry for the length, but I wanted to address everyone's concerns. Its late and a long day tomorrow. Gnite for now.
Nospin
www.parcelworkers.com
bet skillman does indeed,know a thing or two about the:BS: that brown's gonna throw at us,when your in :nutkick: bed with brown,doing their dirty work for them:biglaugh: oh,by the way,danny and van toghether could'nt even make a good hemmroid on an hemmroid's hemmroid on HOFFA'S butt,the KOOL-AID that corporate gives you:yo-yo: 's,but man,unreal,and I highly doubt you 'brown clowns'are really 'REAL'truckdrivers & dockworkers,which is what really scares everyone,especially when your behind the wheel of one for photo -op's!

nospinzone said:
APWA is an IRS recognized 501(c) non-profit corporation registered in the state of Delaware with its primary operations out of North Carolina. Its membership are UPS employees who are tired of watching Central States/IBT ruin their pension, health and welfare benefits. If you have been paying attention all these years, you know how poorly funded the multiemployer pension plans are. (view bloomberg article)

If youre gonna make the statement that APWA is an employer run union, you should have the proof to back it up. Better yet, if you know that they are an employer run union, call up the NLRB and the Teamsters so they can be prosecuted for it. That sounds like a labor violation if its true.

And its not the purpose of the APWA to make IBT look bad. IBT does a good enough job of that on their own. The purpose of the APWA is to decertify IBT.

www.parcelworkers.com
they give you guys way too much KOOL-AID at corporate,'call up the NLRB if it's true so they can be prosecuted for it,it sounds like a labor violation if it's true'.oh you mean like with all the laws OVERNITE broke & violated,and workers rights ,and unlawfull terminations also,and how the NLRB really upheld the law:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:,course,you already knew that,did'nt ya.

Just seems kinda ironic to me that someone wants people to join a union and pay dues to it when he himself isn't paying the current dues to the union that is representing him and others.......

I f you want to go to a different union fine , but while being represented by the current one you should be a dues paying member, would it be ok for guys to join the APWA and be represented without actually paying dues??

Just curious

FM

Skeeter said:
Good response. I'll be looking into this._132:
read 'THE REFUND POLICY'
under where they accept credit cards,SKEET,IT SAYS ' YOUR ASSOCIATION is in it's INFANACY at this time,YOUR DUES are VERY BADLY NEEDED!',give you any idea what these shysters are all about? I bet that their really looking out for our best interest,welfare,well being,and :duh: oh ya,then there's that $150.00,thats just for starters,how much after that? :nutkick: :duh:,also,check out the 'officers ',skillman states'I encourage you to check out all the facts,and then help us moneterily!' so does DANNY EASON under SKILLMANS mugshot'hop on board for discussion with your coworkers ,along with your finacial support'.see,SKEET,there parasites,leaches,fakes that they really exposed themselves as:nutkick:being exactly that,and ,they're owned and contolled and run by BROWN.

stldude44 said:
NoSpin,
You really should change your name. All this amounts to is typical TDU type politics in which the current leaders are attacked while those throwing the stones have no accomplishments to put forward. Negative campaigning at it's finest. Real Teamsters and Americans in general are tired of this type of garbage. Especially coming from guys who choose not to pay dues but still enjoy the benefits of the Teamsters.
CAN YOU SAY FREE-LOADERS,DEADBEATS,BUMS,LEACHES,PARASITES,MAGGOTS :nutkick: :chairshot: EVERYBODY?:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Familyman said:
Just seems kinda ironic to me that someone wants people to join a union and pay dues to it when he himself isn't paying the current dues to the union that is representing him and others.......

I f you want to go to a different union fine , but while being represented by the current one you should be a dues paying member, would it be ok for guys to join the APWA and be represented without actually paying dues??

Just curious

FM
FM,

excellent points

Animo916 said:
FM,

excellent points
like ANIMO said,excellent points,FAMILYMAN. this isnt'even a ' UNION',IT'S A SHAM run by freeloaders,deadbeats whom are in the companies pocket,no negotiating skills whatsoever,no contracts,no'members' that they 'represent'. can everone agree=FRAUDS'.:nutkick: :biglaugh: :tribehasspoken:

nospinzone said:

Now…I don’t see how James Hoffa or half the people at Teamsters fill that description. But I bet Skillman knows a thing or two about hauling doubles and driving trucks and dealing with the BS that UPS will soon be throwing at you. And since you would be voting for officers and business agents that work with you, they WILL know what its like to move freight and work a dock.
My reply to you--- ---------

You’re right…you can’t blame Teamsters for the decline in trucking companies. But it was obviously a good thing for the IBT trustees and officers…..cause the way it stands now, IBT is responsible for tanking the monies of only fifteen companies participating in their multi-employer pension plans whereas it woulda been responsible for a helluva lot more!! Check the sources I provided. Mr. John Howard Sanden, the gentleman that painted those pictures, charges quite a hefty fee. If you have some verifiable information to the contrary, I’ll gladly correct myself.
I don’t consider myself gullible when reading about the felony convictions of Teamster officials or reading the reports of the Independent Special Counsel Honorable Frank J. McGarr who is responsible for reporting to a federal judge how under-funded the pension plans are. When it is in black and white like that, its not that hard to believe. And remember how only 60% of UPS contributions go to non-UPS employees? Imagine how muc better insurance and retirement benefits we'd be enjoyin if we got the whole 100%???
That doesn’t seem to bother the drivers in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, New Mexico, California, and Massachusets(all of which are non-right to work states) who seem very interested in what APWA has to offer—enough to have scheduled or requesting to schedule info meetings in those states.
All I can say about Mr. BM’s comments above is…..should anyone choose to contact an APWA officer or fellow UPS’er that’s a part of this to question them and express your doubts, you wont get the demeaning name calling and intimidation that you see above. Regardless of how strongly you support or disagree with the APWA, you’ll get respect in return. Oddly enough to me, IBT has always resorted to name calling and character assassination when trying to win the confidence of members who choose to think independently and ask questions. It’s a rather odd way of recruitment, organizing, and maintaining the support of said members. But if its worked in the past (ie...organizing Overnite)....no sense in changing your methods now.

Sorry for the length, but I wanted to address everyone's concerns. Its late and a long day tomorrow. Gnite for now.
Nospin:
www.parcelworkers.com
the:jerkit: :d6625240: :fruit: says heshe/it bets skillman knows a thing or two about pulling doubles,does he mean pulling his and danny boy's:jerkit: at the same time/does that count as 'DOUBLES',you sad,sick,pathetic wannabe troll!

stldude44 said:
NoSpin,
they'd either be minumum wage :snaggletooth: :redneck:'s or:redneck: :loser: 's on weLfare living in a trailerpark,doing bad auditions for the 'JERRY SPRINGER SHOW'! if it was'nt for the TEAMSTERS for them to suck off of,the freeloading,deadbeat trailertrash!

yup,they're JERRY SPRINGER SHOW REJECTS:nutkick:they even got a song'my cousin thinks my:sheep: and tractor er' sexy':snaggletooth: :redneck:

These "union busters" had been on www.teamster.net spreding there garbage. They came to Atlanta and couldnt draw no more than a handfull. Theyve been debunked so much on T-Net they wont post no more:smilie_132::wavey: By, by....by, by now. Take your Union busting garbage elsewhere

krash said:
These "union busters" had been on www.teamster.net spreding there garbage. They came to Atlanta and couldnt draw no more than a handfull. Theyve been debunked so much on T-Net they wont post no more:smilie_132 By, by....by, by now. Take your Union busting garbage elsewhere
they could'nt come up with the down payment to bribe their shadow to follow em':nutkick: what a wonderful ,skilled,couragoues leader that prez skillman is:jerkit: :bowdown: ,and who could forget dannyboy eason:biglaugh: the only 2 of 3 members,or is ESKEW,SUGGS,and MORROW 4,5,and 6,what a following,bet overhead's gotta be killing em,especially that snazzy ,fancy 'local' of there's.DANNY & VAN,ya can come on out from under ESKEWS desk now,take the kneepads & chapstick off!