TForce | An alternative to IBT.....Association of Parcel Workers of America

Choices......

Very colorful. I think i'll even use a smiley here to applaud your disgusting insults because I can tell ya'll had to dig deep for these. :clap:

Bottomline: Union representation is a democratic process--their are choices available, and IBT is not the only choice.

There are some who believe that IBT walks on water, which is their perogative. Then there are some that believe that IBT is beyond repair and can no longer strongly push the best agenda for the employees at United Parcel Service. Due to IBT's mismanagment, people in the Central States plans have felt the deep cuts to their pensions which will most likely remain in place for the EXTENDED FORESEEABLE FUTURE. Central States covers 24 of the 50 states. The New England Plan has also felt its own share of cuts. Thats nearly half the country's UPS hourly employees that are feeling the crunch. How do you convince UPS corporate to give you more money with a track record like that? At some point prudence demands a change.

You good people at Freight take a good, long, hard look at what you're gettin into with organization. Look at all your options--which aren't limited to APWA and Teamsters. That 401K match is a godsend. Think outside of the box. The rest of the world is.

I'll leave you guys to your usual remarks now. Enjoyed the debate.
Nospin:cool:

nonspin,

be careful now, don't get too drunk on all that apwa koolaid you have been fed. The big bad Teamster world is not as bad as you have been told. If you just listen to some of those who have many years invested in them you may start to realize that its OK to be a Teamster.

1.4 million cant be all wrong.........:cool:

APWA,

an organization made up of socalled disenchanted,nondues paying Teamsters, that want to represent you. Meanwhile, the first thing they say is send us money. What a bunch of maroooons:duh:

saddletramp said:
nonspin,

be careful now, don't get too drunk on all that apwa koolaid you have been fed. The big bad Teamster world is not as bad as you have been told. If you just listen to some of those who have many years invested in them you may start to realize that its OK to be a Teamster.

1.4 million cant be all wrong.........:cool:

And God forbid you actually stop and look at all the retirees that are basking in the sun collecting a check and insurance. And where are all the one company or alternative pension fund retirees???? Unless you really focus and invest without the union funds our welfare donations would be thru the roof. THE ROOF IS ON FIRE, LET THE MOTHER F%$#ER BURN.... right we can all unite by all the brotherly love that oozes from us daily..... YEAH RIGHT..... ME, ME,ME and screw the rest of ya.(heavy sarcasm and tongue in cheek please don't think I am actually serious)

well we at overnite/upsfreight do not haul packages nor will we talk with TDU/teamsters yes WE IN INDY WILL GET THE BALL ROLLIN FOR THE REST [SIGNIN CARDS ] AND KICKIN TAIL

OK greezy, still trying to figure that one out....

35 years in the Teamsters for me at many different companies; thank god for the multi employer pension fund I am working under (Western).

Come out this way and see the Teamster retirees "Basking" in that retired lifestyle enjoying their golden years that they worked hard for.
For most cases, it is good. There is some sad endings for some of these good folks, such as CF and Garrett and Nationsway. Alot were able to find other Teamster work to get their pension hours in, some took early out, and some fell through the cracks unfortunatly. But is the fact these companies shut down the fault of the Teamsters Union?? Really?? Is their someone out their with proof that the union shut these companies down and put all those good people out on the street?

I dont think so...........:rolleyes:

nospinzone said:
Very colorful. I think i'll even use a smiley here to applaud your disgusting insults because I can tell ya'll had to dig deep for these. :clap:

Bottomline: Union representation is a democratic process--their are choices available, and IBT is not the only choice.

There are some who believe that IBT walks on water, which is their perogative. Then there are some that believe that IBT is beyond repair and can no longer strongly push the best agenda for the employees at United Parcel Service. Due to IBT's mismanagment, people in the Central States plans have felt the deep cuts to their pensions which will most likely remain in place for the EXTENDED FORESEEABLE FUTURE. Central States covers 24 of the 50 states. The New England Plan has also felt its own share of cuts. Thats nearly half the country's UPS hourly employees that are feeling the crunch. How do you convince UPS corporate to give you more money with a track record like that? At some point prudence demands a change.

You good people at Freight take a good, long, hard look at what you're gettin into with organization. Look at all your options--which aren't limited to APWA and Teamsters. That 401K match is a godsend. Think outside of the box. The rest of the world is.

NoSpin,

I applaud your patience and calm emotions.
However while replying to the remarks made towards you (and smilies :smilie_132: ) you never answered my question which you can view in post #50, I guessing you just missed it.

Looking forward to a well thought out response as usual.

Thanks
FM

Animo916 said:
APWA,

an organization made up of socalled disenchanted,nondues paying Teamsters, that want to represent you. Meanwhile, the first thing they say is send us money. What a bunch of maroooons:duh:
'THEY'want to represent us,meanwhile,they have no representation:nutkick: :nutkick: SOOOOOO IN BED & controlled by brown,not even funny,can everone say 'NEW ENGLAND MOTORFREIGHT' al over again:tribehasspoken:

greezy trucker said:
And God forbid you actually stop and look at all the retirees that are basking in the sun collecting a check and insurance. And where are all the one company or alternative pension fund retirees???? Unless you really focus and invest without the union funds our welfare donations would be thru the roof. THE ROOF IS ON FIRE, LET THE MOTHER F%$#ER BURN.... right we can all unite by all the brotherly love that oozes from us daily..... YEAH RIGHT..... ME, ME,ME and screw the rest of ya.(heavy sarcasm and tongue in cheek serious)
YA,DON'T GET DRUNK ON THAT CORPORATE [apwa]kool -aid,THEY[APWA] REALLY knows alot about representing & fighting for workers[against] only a year,2 year existence track record:nutkick: and by the way,they are'nt a 'LEGITAMET UNION'like they try to portray. oh nosepicker/spin,or van,or danny,are you to upset that you exposed,as did the rest of us,that you are the real frauds that you truly are.like I said,skillman & eason could'nt make a TUCKS PAD ON HOFFA'S HEMMOROID':nutkick:

nospinzone said:
Very colorful. I think i'll even use a smiley here to applaud your disgusting insults because I can tell ya'll had to dig deep for these.

Nospin
no,I don't have to 'really dig deep for the insults' AIMED AT 'Y'ALL',on the contrary,your actually very shallow & inbred&ignorant to really believe that everyone is so stupid,stupid, I don't have to dig deep at all ,when dealing with inbred scattterbrailessness like yourself.to believe your corporate/company propaganda is just plain horsebung.:nutkick: that's another smiley for 'youse guys'they're cheaper by the dozen,like you freeloading deadbeats:nutkick: you:loser: ers.scum like you are the insperation for troll's:nutkick:oh,by the way,you can forget the 401k,those went obsolete & out the window with ENRON,TYCO,WORLDCOM,GLOBAL CROSSINGS,XEROX,KODAK,and many others,and your addvertisments'it's our pension money',who's,certainly not deadbeats like yours,remember,you don't want to be TEAMSTERS members,just mooch & freeload of of em',and enjoy the benifits that they sacrificed,worked,& payed for.to HAVE ever catagorized yourself as even being apart of the AMERICAN LABOR MOVEMENT IS A DISGUSTING DISGRACE! a great injustice to hard working people in this country would have been done,and ignorred,but certainly,damn sure not by me,*** ******* ****!

bighammer said:
well we at overnite/upsfreight do not haul packages nor will we talk with TDU/teamsters yes WE IN INDY WILL GET THE BALL ROLLIN FOR THE REST [SIGNIN CARDS ] AND KICKIN TAIL
Brothers & Sisters in Indy,TEAMSTERS YES,WE ARE AL IN THIS TOGHETHER,1 COMPANY,1 UNION[TEAMSTERS] APWA need not even pathetically bother talkin' trash:nutkick: :tribehasspoken: :biglaugh: :chairshot: UNITY & GODBLESSS.WHAT MOOKS apwa really is,just wiped em of the sole of my shoe,puppypiles that they truely are! teamsters!

nospinzone said:
Very colorful. I think i'll even use a smiley here to applaud your disgusting insults because I can tell ya'll had to dig deep for these.

Nospin
YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO CONVINCE UPS corporate ,as your one of em' or their low tier,dirty work,dogstool specimen:tribehasspoken: your lower than snail crap on a sandpebble:nutkick: :chairshot: :smilie_132:us good people at freight know exactly that,freight,and how to work it,and drive a truck,unlike you mooks.ya would'nt know freight,or driving,if you tripped over a piece,or got run over by a truck,morons,how deep was that,lackey.

BUTTONMAN74 said:
'THEY'want to represent us,meanwhile,they have no representation:nutkick: :nutkick: SOOOOOO IN BED & controlled by brown,not even funny,can everone say 'NEW ENGLAND MOTORFREIGHT' all over again:tribehasspoken:
ask them all about the ';machinest',bet they know all about truckdriving,freight.

Animo916 said:
APWA,

an organization made up of socalled disenchanted,nondues paying Teamsters, that want to represent you. Meanwhile, the first thing they say is send us money. What a bunch of maroooons:
to even call these ****** ******* ****,freeloaders'TEAMSTERS'is a disgrace to any TEAMSTERS memory,and workimg people in general. I would more liken them to leaches,mesquitos,parasties,tapeworms,snakes,and a host of other foul,nasty things,with a vampire or 2 thrown in:nutkick: :tribehasspoken: :chairshot: :biglaugh:

Non-right To Work States Abolished

Familyman said:
NoSpin,
I applaud your patience and calm emotions.
However while replying to the remarks made towards you (and smilies :smilie_132: ) you never answered my question which you can view in post #50, I guessing you just missed it.
Looking forward to a well thought out response as usual.
Thanks
FM
My apologies for overlooking your question FM. And thanks for the kind words. Ive never met Buttonman, but Im sure he has busted his ass his entire time with the company, so I'll give him the respect he's due. You had a good question and Im glad you followed up on it because I actually learned something i wasnt aware of.
Familyman said:
would it be ok for guys to join the APWA and be represented without actually paying dues??
Heres my understanding of the APWA’s position.

PRIOR TO THE NRLB ELECTION:
Currently the APWA is not a recognized collective bargaining agent. Therefore it is illegal for them to collect union dues (a monthly fee). People who have joined thus far have either paid the $150 initiation fee in its entirety or are paying installments towards that $150. There are no monthly dues being collected. Now, should APWA win the election, that initiation fee will go up to $225 which is around what a Teamster pays for a membership initiation fee. ($250 at local 439 in California)
So, the people joining prior to the NLRB election are saving $75 on their initiation fee. You can join APWA and receive a founding charter membership by contributing any dollar amount followed by monthly installment payments.

FOLLOWING AN APWA NLRB ELECTION WIN:
This is where the APWA makes the union a true democracy. The power in any democratic system is in the purse strings. Currently, state laws have established the right-to-work states where you are not required to join a union or pay dues at a worksite that has a bargaining agent and contract in place. The other states, non-right-to-work states, are FORCED to pay union dues whether you like it or not. The APWA has written it into their by-laws so that they have waived their right to enforce due collection in the non-right-to-work states. Therefore, all memberships are a completely voluntary act.
APWA WEBSITE said:
NO UPS employee will be required to become a member. Membership in and contributions to the APWA are purely voluntary, only earned by the APWA through its good works. APWA website
This is true regardless of where you live. You people in the following states would be able to enjoy voluntary participation whereas now you are forced to contribute:WA, OR, CA, MT, CO, NM, MN, MO, WI, IL, IN, MI, KY, WV, PA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME, AL, HI.

Now, should you choose not to join, APWA will still represent the non-union workers and argue grievances. The contract negotiated will protect union and non-union UPS’rs alike. Non-union workers will still be able to participate in the single-employer pension plan that APWA would be the administrator of.

Therefore, the strength of the union will be in the UPS employees' voluntary support. If you want to have a strong union, you will support it financially. If you want the best lobbyists and lawyers working for you, then you will choose to become a member and give the union the monthly dues. However, should you choose not to support, then you run the risk of having a union that cannot support you as aggressively as it could do to financial limitations.

That’s pretty damn good if you ask me. No more of the non-right to work division. No more of feeling like your union dues are being flushed down the toilet. If you don’t like how they are being used, then you simply cancel your membership.

Hope that answers your question, FM. Id contact APWA if you should need further clarification.

nospinzone said:
Now, should you choose not to join, APWA will still represent the non-union workers and argue grievances. The contract negotiated will protect union and non-union UPS’rs alike. Non-union workers will still be able to participate in the single-employer pension plan that APWA would be the administrator of.

Still seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors to me. How can a union represent nonunion employees. Either you are a union member or you are not. To even claim to be able to represent non union employees seems like a conflict of interest. A single employer pension under the administration of the APWA? I doubt any employer would ever agree to not having a say in a pension plan that they contribute the money. Contrary to what we have heard in the past, UPS would probably prefer to be the sole administrator of the UPS/UPSF pension funds.

Therefore, the strength of the union will be in the UPS employees' voluntary support. If you want to have a strong union, you will support it financially. If you want the best lobbyists and lawyers working for you, then you will choose to become a member and give the union the monthly dues. However, should you choose not to support, then you run the risk of having a union that cannot support you as aggressively as it could do to financial limitations.

It seems that no matter what type of spin they put on membership, it still boils down to ...if you wanna play, you gotta pay. Won't be able to support you as aggressively without financial contributions. Just what is it that APWA can actually afford UPS/UPSF employees that is soooooo much better than Teamster representaion?:duh:

nospinzone said:
So whats your feelings about APWA's position here, Familyman? It seems to be a point of interest to you.
Not really, I work at FXF, just reading through the post and had a few questions that's all.

These guys at UPSF have to look at what's best for them and their family whether that is Teamsters, APWA, or no union at all that is for them to decide with all the possible info they can get.

FM