Holland | An Important Conversation

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
Its time for the membership of all of our locals to tell hoffa what we think. He has done nothing for any Teamster I can see except undermine all of us. All he seems to care about is collecting his portion of our dues from all of our respective locals.

Not only that he just gave himself a $78,000.00 raise. Not to mention padding his expenses he is reimbursed for.
What a guy huh!

It is time for a change. We need to put someone into office that truly has our best interests in their heart. Not someone that has NEVER actually been a Teamster, but has only paid $ dues. In this day and age last names are unimportant. His especially.

The local heads that are in bed with hoffa and agree to everything he puts out so they can keep their sweet jobs and two (2) pensions. Should know that after the screwing hoffa and they themselves gave us all, that we are looking for new blood from the ranks to replace them. And whomever he/she is they do not need experience just a true heart. And I am not talking about Leadham.

If as true Teamsters we do not get over the ga,ga of a last name, we will soon be better off at non-union jobs because if we let hoffa and his ilk continue. The non-union jobs will be paying more $ with better benefits.

Do not get me wrong I am a 28 year all in 705 member and I will die as that. I mention the non-unions strictly to get peoples attention.

And to begin a National dialog about the Teamster future.

I also am not talking about Flynn, Coli, White, Hall or ANY current official at the international level or locally. Taking national prominence. They are the same ol' same ol'.

Because if they haven't had the guts to stand up to hoffa and his bull s--t way of being, I, for one do not want them after he is gone in some newly adopted suit of, "Hey, look at me I'm the one to take the Teamsters forward". Because if he/she had any ideas they probably wouldn't belong to them anyway.

Sorry to have gone off on that tangent.

And what's with the add ons all of these suburban locals agreements in the Chicago area have "If 705 gets more $ so do we".

Get some balls and fight for what you deserve.

We ain't your mom, "GET OFF THE TeeT".

Trying to get what others are willing to sacrifice for, but YOU are not, is chicken sh-t
Those leaderships are obviously limp because they didn't even ask for anything outside of the NMFA, they just did what hoffa told them to do. Not only that but by doing what they did, got in bed with the employers against 705.Their BROTHER TEAMSTERS.

If all you are is a follower, they will lead you where THEY want to go . Not where YOU want to go.

If you are a leader YOU decide the path to our future, not them. Would you rather be in the back seat? Or Driving. Its up to you!

If we ALL, including our leadership/s live by these thoughts. We will survive and we will flourish as UNION men and women.
With a strong future for our children and those who come after us.

"Each individual MUST be willing to sacrifice for the good of the whole"

"Those that came before us got us where we are, it is up to us, to protect this job for those that come after us"

If any Teamster member can't live these creeds EVERY day then they should go elsewhere, because they obviously don't get what it means to be a TEAMSTER.

AMEN, UNIONIST BROTHER!:bowdown: We do need some "new blood" to rise to the top, and start campaining for themselves. (UNIONIST) :beerchug::gathering: Hint, Hint!

I agree.The problem with Hoffa is that at the end of the day the man doesn't understand what we do in our jobs.He has never worked a dock and never driven a truck.I know that the spin doctors for the IBT say different but its clear that they only have spin.I'll take a street guy that those my job for a living to represent me any day of the week over some soft handed lawyer that's been silver spoon Fed all his life. I will say that I voted for this guy the last two times but after this NMFA agreement he wont get my vote again.

Hoffa was at a rally in Flint last week to cheer on the nurses at a local hospital. Made a darn good speach for the camera. Trouble is I think the nurses have bigger nads than Hoffa. There in lies the problem my friends. We will never know about the ones who did'nt vote but we do know 67% of the ones that did can't even match nads with the nurses. :hide: