XPO | And conway shuts its doors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul wall

TB Lurker
Credits
where in the heck did this come from?? there was a memo up on our communications board from xgo that some goofball called a radio show (some show that used to be called trucking bozo according to the memo)the other day and said conway was closing its doors. i didnt copy the memo but i do remember it saying that the rumor was generating from st. louis, southern ohio, and somewhere else.(i cant remember sorry guys). guess radio show info spreads fast because from what i gathered from the memo, customers were actually calling terminals to see if we shut down. now i know they say there is no such thing as bad publicity. but give me a break! gee how many customers just got cold feet in those areas where the rumor spread from???? GREAT JOB :censored2: ! GREAT JOB.. :realmad: :mofoismad0cn: :thumbsdown:

paul wall said:
where in the heck did this come from?? there was a memo up on our communications board from xgo that some goofball called a radio show (some show that used to be called trucking bozo according to the memo)the other day and said conway was closing its doors. i didnt copy the memo but i do remember it saying that the rumor was generating from st. louis, southern ohio, and somewhere else.(i cant remember sorry guys). guess radio show info spreads fast because from what i gathered from the memo, customers were actually calling terminals to see if we shut down. now i know they say there is no such thing as bad publicity. but give me a break! gee how many customers just got cold feet in those areas where the rumor spread from???? GREAT JOB :censored2: ! GREAT JOB.. :realmad: :mofoismad0cn: :thumbsdown:
I heard the same rumors Friday and today. One said that the company stole money from the employee's pension fund, 2 million dollars worth. Another one was that the pay checks bounced last Friday. And one other one said that the government came in because of paperwork and Conway could only deliver the freight that it had on hand without making any more pick-ups. I thought it was a big joke, but so many people were spreading it around it made people wonder.

It's all a giant Joke... ANY INVESTIGATION BY A GOVERNMENT AGENCY INTO A CORPORATION IS A PUBLIC INVESTIGATION. There would be something posted on the SEC's website. There is nothing. As for closing the doors, Con-way Inc. has HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars in the bank. They could not close us up without risking every penny they have. If the pension fund would have been tampered with OR suspected to have been tampered with it would make national news. Pension scandals are huge news makers. Yet there is nothing on ANY CREDIBLE news source to lend any credibility to any of the BS Flying around.

It really is amazing what one radio show can do... I look for several lawsuits to come out of the "Bozo show" incident. I wouldn't want to be them or the person/people who fed them that lie...

Personally I am :hysterical: at the rumors...

Kinda funny...this rumor made it all the way to NY by yesterday. Someone better notify the the uniform company that we won't be needing the new colors....:wtflol:

This may seem hilarious to you as an employee. But when it reaches the point that the customers are getting nervous and pulling freight because they fear a shutdown, from the rumors, that you, the employees are spreading. Don't come complaining about business being slow and freight flow not being enough to sustain all the runs at your terminal, that you are used to. Because you have pretty much done it to yourselves.

You know what...considering how much "pride" CONway management took in their role of closing the door at 2 union freight jobs, I think even the idea that conway would itself shut down is rather exciting, and perhaps they can finally be exposed for the frauds they are and maybe start telling the truth on how they strategically closed the doors at both CF and Penn-Yan.

But in all seriousness...I think its safe to say that conway is not on most peoples minds when it comes to freight...and unless they can get acquired by the likes of UPS, FDX, or YRCW, I can't see the long term survivability.

Status
Not open for further replies.