And I am out of here.....................

double r

Dock delivery expert
Credits
.................in two weeks, lol. My notice goes in Monday. Got the call this afternoon and accepted a job offer. Foodservice, pulling from a drop yard just south of Pittsburgh. Paid by the hour, fully paid family benefits,Teamsters, M-F, and home every night.
Wish they would have called an hourly earlier though, then I could have broken the news to my supervisor since he was working the afternoon shift and ruined his weekend, LOL. Instead, I have to drive out on Monday and give him my two weeks since I again have no route on monday. Would rather tell him at 4am before I leave on a route that way I am down the road a bit when he realizes what just happened, lol.

Think I'll walk in to the office Monday singing this to him:

Last edited by a moderator:
Big congratulations Double R!!!! Your a sharp guy, I know you would only make a move for the best, you sound like your happy to get out of there, I know the feeling!! :)

Thanks GT. I had several offer over the last few months but none worth jumping on and was suppose to have an interview with another company on Monday but after I got off the phone with the new company, I promptly called and canceled. This is the job that I was hopeing to get. I know I'll be happy there.

Well, gave notice this morning. He know when I called him and told him i would be out to see him what was up. He told the transportation supervisor at the account and our regional manger what was up before I even got there. Seems they want to play let's make a deal tomorrow. Um, NO! Not going to happen, they can save it! I have been hearing promises and all about changes coming since October. To late, don't care anymore. July 12th is it. No deals, no chances, no promises. MY FAMILY COMES FIRST!

Family does come first which is why I'm leaving Martin-Brower. My son is the most important thing in my life. I hope this job works out for ya. I kinda wish I couod find myself a foodservice job to but no one is hiring except Sysco and I wont work for sysco MN.

Well, gave notice this morning. He know when I called him and told him i would be out to see him what was up. He told the transportation supervisor at the account and our regional manger what was up before I even got there. Seems they want to play let's make a deal tomorrow. Um, NO! Not going to happen, they can save it! I have been hearing promises and all about changes coming since October. To late, don't care anymore. July 12th is it. No deals, no chances, no promises. MY FAMILY COMES FIRST!

Awesome, would love to see the look on their faces!