R&L | angery drivers

groundhog74

TB Lurker
Credits
just a question are all r&l drivers seem angery all the time or is it just the couple i run in to. Not trying to start anything just wondering.

Must just be those , although I've come to thoroughly believe that additudes seem to be regional.
I'm in Texas and 99% of the folks I works with seem to love the job and enjoy working here.
Up there in the Northeast, things appear to be a bit different.:smilie_132:

Must just be those , although I've come to thoroughly believe that additudes seem to be regional.
I'm in Texas and 99% of the folks I works with seem to love the job and enjoy working here.
Up there in the Northeast, things appear to be a bit different.:smilie_132:

I agree with you on this TruckDiver!!!! In Tennessee drivers seem to be pretty content..I remember a driver from Washinton or Oregon complaining alot about a year ago..

Up here in New England I think we have some great drivers. May just be the area you are in. It is too bad that one driver with attitude gives the impression that everyone else is unhappy

The Denver terminal has a good team of drivers! Angry yes! Because we have a complete idiot for a TM!

just a question are all r&l drivers seem angery all the time or is it just the couple i run in to. Not trying to start anything just wondering.

Are you mainly talking about guys that run 322? I run out that way every night, but have no problem talking to anyone.

i run wiliamsport lock haven area the couple i run in to won't talk to you, won't wave when you pass em nothing. i've run otr others not to bad but these guy seem pissed at the world

Maybe, they just don't run a CB radio and the company bizz band is off or turned down. Factory CB hook ups in the trucks kinda bite the big one.
I can't never seem to put any personnal property in a truck without someone having to play with it. Need an automatic hand slapper mounted in some of trucks.

I'm kinda pissed off. Meg Ryan and Angela Jolie both turned me down on a three way and I didint' win that lottery like I planned on. I'm losing some hair, gettin a little bit fatter and another year older. My Mack truck won't pull a hill unless I'm empty and I slipped and fell the other day and busted my ice. None of this has anything to do with R & L (except the under powered Mack) and it's a good outfit to work for. But I digress.

I know what you mean Linehowler. I'm lucky enough to have a good day guy in the truck. I only use the factory hole in the mirror. Everything else is mine. When I have to slipseat I have a good antenna mounted on some vise grips that I made. Most of the p&d guys at my barn don't run a cb unless the l\h driver leaves it in.

What are they so angry about ?

Could be having to do everybody elses damn job for them. You have to babysit the routers to make sure you're not backtracking all over the place, or getting 3 or 4 residentials that nobody called on, not to mention having to unload the truck and reload it the right way every morning because you can't trust the dock staff to not do it all bass-ackwards.

Could be having to do everybody elses damn job for them. You have to babysit the routers to make sure you're not backtracking all over the place, or getting 3 or 4 residentials that nobody called on, not to mention having to unload the truck and reload it the right way every morning because you can't trust the dock staff to not do it all bass-ackwards.
They actually call residentials!!!!!!
If it doesn't say on the bill to call 24hrs b4 they're not calling.... Lots of wasted trips and damaged freight because its been moved so many times............

They actually call residentials!!!!!!

Their supposed to. That's pretty much all of the returns I get. I stopped leaving door tags too, so the customer can't call and say "Hey, uh I'm home now" and they send me back there after it's pitch dark and I can't see to back in their driveway.

If it doesn't say on the bill to call 24hrs b4 they're not calling.... Lots of wasted trips and damaged freight because its been moved so many times............

Hey, no app't? Don't bother going there. I won't if they don't answer the phone.

You must haul easy driver friendly freight.... Most of our city trls have more straps and bracing than a flat bed very unfriendly freight........

Here's a good one. I once had a piece of farm machinery from Selma, NC. It was appointed, but at 13' long, 4' wide, and 1300 lbs, they couldn't get it off the truck. Hey, it needed machinery to unload it.

Worst thing was, I use a shorter trailer, and this thing was my first stop, right on the tail. Therefore, I couldn't get ANYTHING around it.

Had 14 stops that day and brought 7 back because of that. Stupid oversize crap...!!!

Ever since, when someone wants to give me oversize stuff to pick up, I measure it and write the dimensions on the bill. Then, once they get hit with the oversize charges maybe they'll give that junk to somebody else.