R&L | angery drivers

Sling Blade.. You just sound like an angry dude. Gotta relax. We're getten paid just do the best ya can. I'm tired of getten all fired up over my job. Don't take this the wrong way I'm not lazy but I'm not gunna go crazy over my retarded dispatcher.

Well, the problem is we are subject to the consequences of entirely too many other people's stupidity. The cliche "Too many cooks spoil the broth" is no more true than in this line of work.

Here's another thing for you guys in the midwest. Stop picking up stuff that's going to Joe Schmo (obviously a residential) and has QWE Logistics as the third party bill to. At least scratch out the part that says "Do not hold freight for any reason" before you scan it. Don't you think this MIGHT screw the guy on the other end?!?

Example. Some idiot in Battle Creek picked up a shipment like that, which was an engine and transmission bolted together and shipped as one piece. The guy had no idea it was coming, and at 800 lbs and 8'x4' the skid was too big to turn sideways so it would fit on the liftgate. That had to be reconsigned to a place with a forklift and the guy had to rent a U-haul trailer to get it home.

Another one. Some reject in Detroit decided to send me 5000 lbs of flooring which also had a "do not hold" order on it thanks to QWE, and the address was an EMPTY HOUSE!! Obviously needed an appointment...!!!

Come on people!! Use your coconuts!!

Man your too funny. Welcome to the company have fun in our sandbox..
Drivers that get that fired up crack me up. I used to now I just move on to the next stop... Just don't keep me out past dark I'm afraid to drive at night.. Ha ha ha

It ain't THAT bad is it?

Sounds like you have a bid run atleast....

i'm assuming you mean Exit 30 on 86 and that would be a yes :1036316054:
I got lucky i was senior night linehaul with 2 yrs and none of the city drivers wanted anything to do with it so i slid into a noon start and do meet and turn .

Must just be those , although I've come to thoroughly believe that additudes seem to be regional.
I'm in Texas and 99% of the folks I works with seem to love the job and enjoy working here.
Up there in the Northeast, things appear to be a bit different.:smilie_132:

The reason drivers in the northeast are so pissed off is that jerkoff regional manager we have, Bob H. The Roberts should have canned that scumbag a long time ago!

just a question are all r&l drivers seem angery all the time or is it just the couple i run in to. Not trying to start anything just wondering.

In the past year or so R&L has had at least 4 different drivers in the area that I peddle. They all seemed like decent guys, but they didn't last very long...... For the past 6 months they have had an older driver that appears to really care about his run. This guy covers a large area & busts his butt trying to get everything done. He always has a smile & waves to everyone. All the customers seem to like him. IMO R&L is lucky to have this driver

There are some of us that actually do want to get our work done, unlike the floater drivers that don't care what they bring back. It will only be someone else's problem the next day.

I just refuse to carry a damn washing machine into someone's house, unhook the old one, hook up the new one, and haul the old one away. Screw that. My truck doesn't say "Maytag" on it.

Here's a good one. I once had a piece of farm machinery from Selma, NC. It was appointed, but at 13' long, 4' wide, and 1300 lbs, they couldn't get it off the truck. Hey, it needed machinery to unload it.

Worst thing was, I use a shorter trailer, and this thing was my first stop, right on the tail. Therefore, I couldn't get ANYTHING around it.

Had 14 stops that day and brought 7 back because of that. Stupid oversize crap...!!!

Ever since, when someone wants to give me oversize stuff to pick up, I measure it and write the dimensions on the bill. Then, once they get hit with the oversize charges maybe they'll give that junk to somebody else.

At one time Wilmington and all Ops people shued away this long bulky freight. But now it seems we are seeing it more and more. I think they are telling the sales people to get anything they can get their hands on, more importantly, CALIFORNIA FREIGHT! But most of this stuff we are picking up now needs to be on a flat bed, not a small, 24,32, or 48 foot box!

Well, the problem is we are subject to the consequences of entirely too many other pe

Well, the problem is we are subject to the consequences of entirely too many other people's stupidity. The cliche "Too many cooks spoil the broth" is no more true than in this line of work.

Here's another thing for you guys in the midwest. Stop picking up stuff that's going to Joe Schmo (obviously a residential) and has QWE Logistics as the third party bill to. At least scratch out the part that says "Do not hold freight for any reason" before you scan it. Don't you think this MIGHT screw the guy on the other end?!?

Example. Some idiot in Battle Creek picked up a shipment like that, which was an engine and transmission bolted together and shipped as one piece. The guy had no idea it was coming, and at 800 lbs and 8'x4' the skid was too big to turn sideways so it would fit on the liftgate. That had to be reconsigned to a place with a forklift and the guy had to rent a U-haul trailer to get it home.

Another one. Some reject in Detroit decided to send me 5000 lbs of flooring which also had a "do not hold" order on it thanks to QWE, and the address was an EMPTY HOUSE!! Obviously needed an appointment...!!!

Come on people!! Use your coconuts!!

All I can say to that is Amen

All the ::shit:: freight we pick up. 95% of it is prob ch robinson

:chairshot: I HATE TO SAY IT BUT CH ROINSON
SUCKS THEY NEVER HAVE THE RIGHT INFO.1
PLACE I WENT TO THERE WERE 3 DIFF COMPANYS THERE WITH THE SAME PICK UP #
I GOT THE 8 SKIDS BECOUSE I WAS IN THE DOOR FIRST:1036316054: