Estes | annual bid

stud muffin

TB Lurker
Credits
Memo has been sent on 11/5/10 to all terminal manager's. Nov. 22nd, 2010 all bid runs will be sent to all terminal manager's to review. You have 2 days to request any changes. Nov. 29th, 2010 all bid runs will be sent to each terminal, these runs will be posted before the bid's start for the driver's to review.
Dec. 6th this is the official start of the bid's.
Dec. 14th this is the end of the required 8 day bidding time.
Dec. 21st each run is to be reposted with the driver's name that was awarded the run.
Jan. 2nd 2011 official start date of new bids
This is a memo from Richmond let the games begin

Does this involve going by time of service, and what would really be great is get rid of THE utility/linehaul/hub , classes and make one Road board. Then maybe my 9 years of being here might be worth it. Stuck on the Utility thing after what happened in linehaul at my barn.
Just dont see it right when a guy with 9 years has to stay out all week for 6 days when a guy with a little over a year gets to go home every night because he slipped in something decent because the class he was in.
Guess I should have not started my LTL career with ESTES, every other company I know of goes by time of service and has two boards. But the Big E always wants to do things different don't they.
Just would hate to try to walk into some other company office after spending so much time here. Really kinda sucks. But some of the guys I know that got let go are better off today then they were staying here wondering what they were gonna pull next.

You should be so lucky to be utility, everytime I see an Estes truck I am sruck by awe!!! I have to stop what I'm doing and sit and stare at that beautiful Big E!!!! I only wish I was good enough to get on with you guys, Sysco pays good and I love my job but the Big E is, and always will be my first and only love, I did 7 yrs at AF/fedex, seems that wasn't enough, E only hires the best and I guess I'm not good enough, all I can do for now is dream...I wanna run the road for Big E in the worst way, my 19 yrs doesn't seem to be enough though, Sysco was the only one that would take me on..."sigh"..Big E, you will be in my dreams tonight!!!

GT

Last edited by a moderator:
if you wanted it that bad you would have moved to get hired instead of insisting on one terminal. some places hired 30, 40 drivers this year. you could have had your dream. and no they werent all the best. some hardly any experience.

You should be so lucky to be utility, everytime I see an Estes truck I am sruck by awe!!! I have to stop what I'm doing and sit and stare at that beautiful Big E!!!! I only wish I was good enough to get on with you guys, Sysco pays good and I love my job but the Big E is, and always will be my first and only love, I did 7 yrs at AF/fedex, seems that wasn't enough, E only hires the best and I guess I'm not good enough, all I can do for now is dream...I wanna run the road for Big E in the worst way, my 19 yrs doesn't seem to be enough though, Sysco was the only one that would take me on..."sigh"..Big E, you will be in my dreams tonight!!!

GT
Dang GT. I wish I coud've helped get you hired. Probably best to try again in March. It seems timing is everything here. If I ever get over that way I'll talk to the TM for ya.

Does this involve going by time of service, and what would really be great is get rid of THE utility/linehaul/hub , classes and make one Road board. Then maybe my 9 years of being here might be worth it. Stuck on the Utility thing after what happened in linehaul at my barn.
Just dont see it right when a guy with 9 years has to stay out all week for 6 days when a guy with a little over a year gets to go home every night because he slipped in something decent because the class he was in.
Guess I should have not started my LTL career with ESTES, every other company I know of goes by time of service and has two boards. But the Big E always wants to do things different don't they.
Just would hate to try to walk into some other company office after spending so much time here. Really kinda sucks. But some of the guys I know that got let go are better off today then they were staying here wondering what they were gonna pull next.
I know where you are coming from. We have a Hub driver that runs a hub schedule with no dock work that is stuck on that same run. We have Utility guys that's been with the company 15 and 18 years that mainly are road drivers. I hear them talk about this all the time. They are stuck. When it's slow, they watch a 6 month guy go down the road and make $350 bucks while they are asked to work the city for an hour or two then go home just because of job classification. If they mention it to the dispatcher they hear the same reply, "well, you asked for it."

Last edited by a moderator: