ABF | Another 5% paycut?

We can partially blame the economy on this statis, but since you are here spreading doom and gloom, we can also thank YRC for their mismanagement, cutting wages & benefits and undercutting rates to try and drag us all down with them.
Me? Spreading Doom and Gloom? You been hiding under a "Rock"?:biglaugh:

Im not Bashing no one, no where. I did'nt say I hoped ABF would take a pay cut. Just like YRC, the writing is on the wall. Do you think that it is fair to ABF paying in the Pension and not YRC? ABF losing Money??? Don't put words into my Mouth, I did'nt say that. I Hope They don't!!!!!!!

It came off that way. As far as the pension the union should split the money up and start over. Each company would be liable for their employees only this multi pension is a thing of the past.(i know this will never happen) Do you think this would level the playing field?

It came off that way. As far as the pension the union should split the money up and start over. Each company would be liable for their employees only this multi pension is a thing of the past.(i know this will never happen) Do you think this would level the playing field?
Sorry if it came off that way. I don't want any of You to have to take a Paycut!! I agree with you on the Pension, that is the way it should be! Multi Pension is a thing of the past. Why should ABF be penalized? They should/nt!!! Its YRC's Problem!! I wish you and ABF, nothing but success!!!! Sorry for coming across that way, I should/nt had said it was coming. But thats what it is looking like. I hope not. And for Us voting, Everyone weights the facts and Vote. Yes or No, its their choice. Im just glad we have somewhat of a say. (I dont believe like some, its a Done deal)! Tks for the response, and I hope you the very Best!!!

Sorry if it came off that way. I don't want any of You to have to take a Paycut!! I agree with you on the Pension, that is the way it should be! Multi Pension is a thing of the past. Why should ABF be penalized? They should/nt!!! Its YRC's Problem!! I wish you and ABF, nothing but success!!!! Sorry for coming across that way, I should/nt had said it was coming. But thats what it is looking like. I hope not. And for Us voting, Everyone weights the facts and Vote. Yes or No, its their choice. Im just glad we have somewhat of a say. (I dont believe like some, its a Done deal)! Tks for the response, and I hope you the very Best!!!

Thanks i hope everything works out for you and all the yrc boys. Its a hard decision to make. My brother lost his job when they closed wilkes barre (holland) and he is still looking.

Its going to be harder and harder for ABF to get freight, as if I can recall the last time YRC took a pay cut, so did the non union carriers. Its going to be very tough for ABF. Your lucky at least you have job security

Well I think that your theory is skewed. Yes times are really bad. Yes ABF lost a bunch of money. But the difference is, ABF management took action early on as to save themselves from doom. Yes we have had layoffs, and I really hate to see that, but as time goes on, more and more of our terminals are bringing back the laid off employees because we are getting busier.

Why is this happening? I don't have the official answer. But I suspect that ABF has the lowest claims in the industry, according to the recent press release stating that they received ATA Excellence in Security Award for Record Fifth Time, and probably the most innovative approach to attract customers just might have something to do with it. ABF runs a tight ship in times like this, and I have to tell you that it is not pleasant at times, but as a group, I think that we are all grateful to have leadership that has the foresight to be able to weather the bad times. Sometimes it is a pain to avoid the tollways, spend a few extra minutes doing other chores that will save the company some cash. As small an effort that it is individually, collectively make a huge difference to the bottom line.

Time will test all business in this country. Who will and will not survive? We shall see.

Well I think that your theory is skewed. Yes times are really bad. Yes ABF lost a bunch of money. But the difference is, ABF management took action early on as to save themselves from doom. Yes we have had layoffs, and I really hate to see that, but as time goes on, more and more of our terminals are bringing back the laid off employees because we are getting busier.

Why is this happening? I don't have the official answer. But I suspect that ABF has the lowest claims in the industry, according to the recent press release stating that they received ATA Excellence in Security Award for Record Fifth Time, and probably the most innovative approach to attract customers just might have something to do with it. ABF runs a tight ship in times like this, and I have to tell you that it is not pleasant at times, but as a group, I think that we are all grateful to have leadership that has the foresight to be able to weather the bad times. Sometimes it is a pain to avoid the tollways, spend a few extra minutes doing other chores that will save the company some cash. As small an effort that it is individually, collectively make a huge difference to the bottom line.

Time will test all business in this country. Who will and will not survive? We shall see.

Have to agree ive been here a year 1/2 and got 6 guys after me. We were in the running for a big account ccx gave this account a 82% discount off 2001 rates and waved every charge known too the trucking industry the freight is oversizes bathroom partitions. They took it off yrc .abf did not bend if your not going to make money why haul it? Over all abf treat there people good and that goes a long way.

I also agree I have been here over 3 years. They do treat you with respect and also very well. Everyone communicates from top Management to the TM to keep you up to speed. ABF will not haul freight for free. We have accounts calling to give us freight from other carriers. ABF will not match the discount given so they turn the freight down. They know how to run a truck line.:shift:

Talked to my shop steward on Friday and he said that ABF requested a meeting with the IBT. He think's that if YRC gets the proposed givebacks approved by the membership that ABF will want concessions also to try to compete.:popcorn:

Its going to be harder and harder for ABF to get freight, as if I can recall the last time YRC took a pay cut, so did the non union carriers. Its going to be very tough for ABF. Your lucky at least you have job security
:TR10driving03::TR10driving03::TR10driving03::TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

i dont know about level the playing field.But retirement in my opinion would be more secure.Atleast if a company found itself in trouble everybody wouldn't be affected.So a well managed company probally better off with your own fund a poorly managed company better in a multiemployer fund

Talked to my shop steward on Friday and he said that ABF requested a meeting with the IBT. He think's that if YRC gets the proposed givebacks approved by the membership that ABF will want concessions also to try to compete.:popcorn:

WOW...a shop steward..that means he knows nooooothing.
you can't be this D**b

sounds like CB talk.

I know a guy..that knows a guy..that knows a guy that said...

WOW...a shop steward..that means he knows nooooothing.
you can't be this D**b

sounds like CB talk.

I know a guy..that knows a guy..that knows a guy that said...

I'm not "D**b" I just reported what my shop steward told me so take it for what's worth. I could give twoshit's if they want a give back because I'm laid off and I don't think I'm getting back any time soon.:tongue0002:

Have to agree ive been here a year 1/2 and got 6 guys after me. We were in the running for a big account ccx gave this account a 82% discount off 2001 rates and waved every charge known too the trucking industry the freight is oversizes bathroom partitions. They took it off yrc .abf did not bend if your not going to make money why haul it? Over all abf treat there people good and that goes a long way.

That is the problem, Conway can haul it at that rate and make a profit.

u can only haul something so cheap for so long untill you lose money and that will happen to the carriers moving freight just to move it..they say there making aprofit but in actuallity i doubt it unless you call making 2 dollars more than your expenses a profit..shall i take the 2 bucks and go to vegas now?..lol