Another Athlete Spouts Off

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Dec 8, 2017.

1. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook AD-FREE USER

Read the article.

To me, it's like keeping the same players, changing the head coach, and going from 8-8 to 14-2.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Northern Flash and a9faninnc like this.
  3. Rastus

Rastus ..What Goes Around Comes Around.. AD-FREE USER

Yeah but Hillary would have ruined it and then there would have been a Great Depression.

President Trump prevented all that misery, we should give thanks.

jimmy g likes this.
  4. AzPilot

You still didn't answer the question. Has the DOW been in an upward trend since 2009.

5. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Keep hating.The only bad thing about the Trump economy is people like yourself will gain from it,too.

6. jimmy g

If you read the article, you'd know it doesn't matter. Confidence that the economy will grow drove the economy from 2% to lift-off.

7. AzPilot

Can't answer the question either........That's ok I already know the answer.
    Wall street and main street are two different animals...........real wages have not increased.......we shall see if people can afford healthcare after this tax reform...........we will see how big the cuts to medicare and maybe SS to make up for these tax cuts ............we shall see how much the deficit grows..........nothing is free.

8. AzPilot

Better hope an overheated economy doesn't take a crap right when you retire.

9. jimmy g

Jobs have come back.

I get a raise next month.

People can't afford to buy healthcare now. And they sure cant afford to USE it. Once the Mandate is eliminated, the prices will come down for most.

The Unemployment numbers are down, the labor participation rate is better. And investments are paying off. People are more confident, and more willing to buy big ticket items.

Northern Flash and DCM_Doc like this.
  10. jimmy g

SSI is going broke- the Trustee Report says so.

The CSPF is going broke. I'm already aware that both will be in big trouble about the time I retire, whenever that is. Long as I'm healthy, happy, and employed at a job I enjoy- why retire??????

11. Rastus

The numbers: The U.S. economy’s pace of growth in the third quarter was raised to 3.3% from 3% under the government’s latest revision to gross domestic product.

How good is that? It’s the fastest spurt of growth in three years. Even a pair of devastating hurricanes, Maria and Harvey, did little to slow the economy down.

What happened: The improvement in GDP was spearheaded by stronger business investment. Spending on equipment, especially in transportation-related areas, rose 10.4%
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u...est-economic-growth-in-three-years-2017-11-29

Would have easily hit 4% without those hurricanes, Donald Trump was ridiculed when he said it would be 3%. MAGA!

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  12. jimmy g

So what is it that you really want, Az? You complain that the economy was growing under Obama, not Trump, but complain when it grows. You complain that healthcare wasn't working, but complain when it'll be more affordable.

From what I see, you aren't happy unless you're unhappy....

Northern Flash likes this.
  13. Rastus

[​IMG]

Tired of winning yet, hmmmmmmm?

14. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Revised up?

All those years under Barry everything was revised down

jimmy g likes this.
  15. jimmy g

I still don't like him. But I Love his results! (So far)

Northern Flash and Rastus like this.
  16. AzPilot

I've never been a fan since long before this last election.
    I will give credit that he has a positive effects on the economy,even though it wasn't bad before he came into office.
    As for all the other things he is doing he gets an F from me.

17. jimmy g

When it was $135, I put aside $100 to invest in it. Didn't know how to, and then one of the kids had an emergency and I used the 100. Besides, i thought you had to buy an entire coin at once.

When it reached 3300, I found out you can purchase a small amount, not need to buy the whole thing. I set up a debit card, and bought 100, so I thought. The CoinBase App (extraordinarily reputable) uses a foreign bank in the UK. My Credit Union denied the transaction going to an overseas bank, even tho I verified it. I called the credit union, and they allowed a second try, but CoinBase denied it since they now had been denied.

I set up a checking account purchase which works, but CoinBase takes 8 days to credit it. By that time, Bitcoin was 6600. I bought 50 of Bitcoin, 25 of Etherium, and 25 of Litecoin. Last week, i bought another $75 of Bitcoin at 9500. Bitcoin is now $15,800. My $175 spent is $340 in my bitcoin wallet. I'm not going to put thousands in. It could go to zero overnight. Or it could go to a million in ten years, and 340 could then be 34,000. Institutional Investment was supposed to be allowed, effective today. Well see if that kills it, or makes it more stable, and recognized.

I'm patient. All I know is, had I gone thru with my original 100, it'd be 15,800 today...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  18. jimmy g

Depends on your situation. One person's Not Bad is another's Losing Everything. Regardless, it seemed to be like a team not reaching its potential, or a truck stuck in low range. Too many rules, too many taxes, too many illegals stealing benefits. It needed a new voice in the lockeroom, a new air filter so the motor could breathe.

Northern Flash and kboomarang like this.
  19. AzPilot

You might be right on this.

This political board is a negative in my life and sucks up too much time I could devote to things I actually enjoy.

Everyone on here is pretty much entrenched in their political beliefs and no is going to change their position on issues (at least that I have seen).

So I am going to sign off and let you all continue to bicker back and forth.

20. jimmy g

There are people that call me close-minded. I tell them I’m actually quite open-minded, compared to most (especially liberals). I listen to all sides before I call the others stupid...