Holland | Another Change of operations

they are supposed to be new business only remember?

I have heard others say this too. Can you show me in writing where it says NEW BUSS. ONLY? Because every thing that i have read (not heard) said 1 and 2 day freight. The PSE position from last contract was to be new buss. only.

they are supposed to be new business only remember?

I have heard others say this too. Can you show me in writing where it says NEW BUSS. ONLY? Because every thing that i have read (not heard) said 1 and 2 day freight. The PSE position from last contract was to be new buss. only.

You are right about the new business. It was all verbal. However, the IBT did send a mailer that stated the UE would not affect any current linehaul operation (that has not been the case as many of us know). You could infer from that statement that the UE would be new business. I have all of the original mailers that the IBT sent out at contract time.

Heard in FW that UE c.o.o has been put on hold ( from BA ) and that some one in GR has filed class action lawsuit do to misrepresentation by IBT on the contract and U.E. not taking road work away? ( Latter came from line haul driver )

We were told that company withdrew COO and will re-sibmit at a later date. Company was constantly changing the numbers and union told them basically to make up their mind.We will take down the COO posting today.

Hey guys we were told today at our safety meeting with TM that it was put on hold due to the 705 negotiations getting close to reaching an agreement so who the hell knows what the truth is. This meeting was at Joliet.

Heard in FW that UE c.o.o has been put on hold ( from BA ) and that some one in GR has filed class action lawsuit do to misrepresentation by IBT on the contract and U.E. not taking road work away? ( Latter came from line haul driver )

Even if the misrepresentation suit is just a rumor, I believe if the IBT fails to correct their mistakes and get the Road Drivers back to work, there will be a suit filed by someone, soon.

Time to change this for REAL..........................

Realjammer get with the boys at the terminal and see how many read the letter from the LOCAL of the up coming elections or just threw it out. This the time we should put together a SLATE for these elections and send that UPS PARCEL, PRES/BA, and that STOVEMAKER, VP/BA,a message. Like T Kimble always told them, they work for US not the VISVERSUS. Talk to the barn, you rule dude. Don't worry I don't think Ron or Tina would mind if you won the PRES./BA job.:chairshot::nutkick:

Article 3 section 7(b)(10) "For the purpose of adding regular employees in accordance w/ the supplemental agreement casuals who work 6 hours or more or back to back on a shift shall be considered as having worked a supplemental day toward seniority......"
The company can abuse the 4 hour casual, these people cannot build any senority. However, the $14 hour casual is eligible for pension and/or health welfare contributions in accordance w/ the applicable supplement.
In other words the Company got what they wanted, workers they do not have to hire. The Union got what they wanted, health and welfare and pension money and Union Dues. And as usual the, working man gets sc**wed.
The Utility driver jobs are not new jobs. The company has had a major layoff of Road Drivers and replaced some of them with the Utility Driver (mostly city employees that are now doing road work by the hour).
To put this in perspective, the company and the union negotiated a contract that was beneficial to each organization. The Union employee gets sc**wed again. The Union allowed a percentage of the Road Drivers to be sacrificed to get what they wanted (more pension and dues money). Our leadership (if you can call it that) is allowing the non-union carriers to set the standards for the LTL industry. When is the last time a trucking company was organized and put into our pension fund? Where is the unity? We have brothers on layoff and there are still several Drivers working harder than ever because they have NO Honor. Where has the Pride and Honor gone? I guess to the new boat, truck, house, and anything else we cannot live without. When all of the Teamster Trucking jobs are gone then maybe there will an awaking. If there are any jobs left, will they be any better than a non-union job? I am disappointed with this whole process. This is not what being a Teamster means to me. :smilie_132:

Wow!!!!!
Couldnt have said that any better!
Have you thought of running for union office?
Really could use someone there who seems to understand the importance and the power of CONTRACT language......I am with the R in YRC but strayed here in search of some reality with all these changes. Cant agree more with your post and the posts of stan S.
Another good read was a series of articles called corporate welfare in America.Think it was by time life magazine several years ago and it high lighted all the political kicks and bull behind corporate moves.(your tax dollars).
OK....will leave you guys to your buisness....just wanted you to know people do apreciate your views and agree 100%.....perhaps we will find solutions before its to late.

Wow!!!!!
Couldnt have said that any better!
Have you thought of running for union office?
Really could use someone there who seems to understand the importance and the power of CONTRACT language......I am with the R in YRC but strayed here in search of some reality with all these changes. Cant agree more with your post and the posts of stan S.
Another good read was a series of articles called corporate welfare in America.Think it was by time life magazine several years ago and it high lighted all the political kicks and bull behind corporate moves.(your tax dollars).
OK....will leave you guys to your buisness....just wanted you to know people do apreciate your views and agree 100%.....perhaps we will find solutions before its to late.

Thank you for the comments. All I can says is that change will only come if we all stand together.

Our BA brought new COO over and it has some real gray areas,now the road drivers get to bid on UE position first and what is not filled will then be bid by local cartage.I will start new thread later tonight, I do not have time right now.

Our BA brought new COO over and it has some real gray areas,now the road drivers get to bid on UE position first and what is not filled will then be bid by local cartage.I will start new thread later tonight, I do not have time right now.

Sounds interesting, don't forget about that thread.:1036316054:

GBA:USA:

Where are you from?
That is just about opposite what is in our contract.

That 's very interesting? First of all, that's against the master contract language that was voted in. Plus, the way it has already been done with the first COO's. I guess the guys up north will be doing it differently than the guys down south? I can't wait to see this in black and white. I don't think it was posted at our terminal yet. The only thing that was new that I saw was the change at OW, looking for road men. Great info dokman. I just don't see how they can change this after the fact, this would allow road men to bid on a city job without giving a city man the same chance. I'm a city man that the COO doesn't affect because of my place in the food chain but if I wanted a UE job and a junior road man got it over me I'd be filing so fast the ink would smear. I can't wait to see how this one plays out.

That 's very interesting? First of all, that's against the master contract language that was voted in. Plus, the way it has already been done with the first COO's. I guess the guys up north will be doing it differently than the guys down south? I can't wait to see this in black and white. I don't think it was posted at our terminal yet. The only thing that was new that I saw was the change at OW, looking for road men. Great info dokman. I just don't see how they can change this after the fact, this would allow road men to bid on a city job without giving a city man the same chance. I'm a city man that the COO doesn't affect because of my place in the food chain but if I wanted a UE job and a junior road man got it over me I'd be filing so fast the ink would smear. I can't wait to see how this one plays out.

I think that it is fair that the Road Drivers will bid first at Holland. The UE is doing mostly Road work. The only difference between a UE and a Road Driver at Holland is the pay and that the UE can cross-dock. When a road Driver takes this job he will only hold the job until the next city bid cycle. Then everyone in the city can bid. If it is done this way, Road Drivers that are affected can at least keep a job at Holland. In the end, I believe that this is the best way to resolve the issues with the UE position. The contract language was very vague on the UE position. That is why there has been the need for the COO's. This is a new way of doing business and adjustments will have to be made so the UE will be fair to everyone.

I think that it is fair that the Road Drivers will bid first at Holland. The UE is doing mostly Road work. The only difference between a UE and a Road Driver at Holland is the pay and that the UE can cross-dock. When a road Driver takes this job he will only hold the job until the next city bid cycle. Then everyone in the city can bid. If it is done this way, Road Drivers that are affected can at least keep a job at Holland. In the end, I believe that this is the best way to resolve the issues with the UE position. The contract language was very vague on the UE position. That is why there has been the need for the COO's. This is a new way of doing business and adjustments will have to be made so the UE will be fair to everyone.
I understand your point and yes it would help road men keep a job. I all so understand the city mans point that the master contract was voted in (maybe) with the wording that where there are two boards that both boards would be allowed to bid on a UE (city) bid and this has already been used in the first COO's. How could they be doing it one way in some area's and yet another way in another area? I will find out how true this is Monday for myself. If the terminal is one single board it doesn't matter. Several people have voiced their opinions about what should happen. I may be wrong but its my belief that most people that are concerned about the way things are going are the ones with lower seniority, less than 10 years. Where there are two different boards everyone has had the same opportunity to crossover to either board and go to the bottom of the list. Its been two different boards in LO forever and nobody can say that they haven't had the same chance that everybody else had. In my opinion, the only truly fair way the UE bid could have been done would have been to have a third board for UE men and if you came off of the UE bid you went back to your place where you came from. It wasn't done this way because the "powers that be" wanted to be able to make all CDL employee's UE's in the future like the non-Union companies, in my opinion. I know some people will agree with this post and some won't but the truth is there has to be one way for everybody and until I see this officially or hear it from a local Union official, I'm not completely sure how to take this information. I'm not saying it isn't true but I'm not convinced yet either. Sorry if I upset anybody with my post but this is just my opinion about this issue. I have a different outlook than some of you because of the time that I've put in at Holland working my way to where I'm at now. I enjoy these discussions about these important issues and hope we can discuss these type things like this every time without the name calling and mean spirited posts that some people like to do. My mind is always open to another persons opinion, I'll always listen to what anybody has to say.

I understand your point and yes it would help road men keep a job. I all so understand the city mans point that the master contract was voted in (maybe) with the wording that where there are two boards that both boards would be allowed to bid on a UE (city) bid and this has already been used in the first COO's. How could they be doing it one way in some area's and yet another way in another area? I will find out how true this is Monday for myself. If the terminal is one single board it doesn't matter. Several people have voiced their opinions about what should happen. I may be wrong but its my belief that most people that are concerned about the way things are going are the ones with lower seniority, less than 10 years. Where there are two different boards everyone has had the same opportunity to crossover to either board and go to the bottom of the list. Its been two different boards in LO forever and nobody can say that they haven't had the same chance that everybody else had. In my opinion, the only truly fair way the UE bid could have been done would have been to have a third board for UE men and if you came off of the UE bid you went back to your place where you came from. It wasn't done this way because the "powers that be" wanted to be able to make all CDL employee's UE's in the future like the non-Union companies, in my opinion. I know some people will agree with this post and some won't but the truth is there has to be one way for everybody and until I see this officially or hear it from a local Union official, I'm not completely sure how to take this information. I'm not saying it isn't true but I'm not convinced yet either. Sorry if I upset anybody with my post but this is just my opinion about this issue. I have a different outlook than some of you because of the time that I've put in at Holland working my way to where I'm at now. I enjoy these discussions about these important issues and hope we can discuss these type things like this every time without the name calling and mean spirited posts that some people like to do. My mind is always open to another persons opinion, I'll always listen to what anybody has to say.

I got this same info straight from my BA today.
Most COO's allow the men most affected to follow their work. I do not think this is any different. I don't think every region must be the same. Look at he Central Region, some Locals have a year and a day, some can bump in with your seniority in you are in layoff, some have one board, and some have no protections. I think we can all agree that the way the UE is implemented at Holland is that the UE's are doing what a Road Driver would do normally. Holland has different work rules than Yellow and Roadway as we all know. I think adjustments should be made. I understand that City men have put their time in on their board. However, if road work is taken from the road and given to the city, the Road Driver should follow their work. Then if a City man wants that job after it become a city job he can bid on it at the next bid. I truly believe that this would be fair. If zip codes are taken from one barn and given to another barn, the affected men follow their work. I do not think this is any different. I think we have both made our points and it's not over 'til it's over. We will all have to wait and see what happens.

I got this same info straight from my BA today.
Most COO's allow the men most affected to follow their work. I do not think this is any different. I don't think every region must be the same. Look at he Central Region, some Locals have a year and a day, some can bump in with your seniority in you are in layoff, some have one board, and some have no protections. I think we can all agree that the way the UE is implemented at Holland is that the UE's are doing what a Road Driver would do normally. Holland has different work rules than Yellow and Roadway as we all know. I think adjustments should be made. I understand that City men have put their time in on their board. However, if road work is taken from the road and given to the city, the Road Driver should follow their work. Then if a City man wants that job after it become a city job he can bid on it at the next bid. I truly believe that this would be fair. If zip codes are taken from one barn and given to another barn, the affected men follow their work. I do not think this is any different. I think we have both made our points and it's not over 'til it's over. We will all have to wait and see what happens.
I will take your word on this because you have always been truthful to my knowledge. I agree with you about everything we both have said about this. And, I all so agree that its not over till its over. Thank you for discussing this like a true brother, I've enjoyed these posts very much. I now have a better understanding of where you're coming from, helping me to see what you see. Again, I just hope that everything works out for all of us.

Thanks Brother!

That 's very interesting? First of all, that's against the master contract language that was voted in. Plus, the way it has already been done with the first COO's. I guess the guys up north will be doing it differently than the guys down south?

Benny I am still wondering how they can change it now. It has nothing to do with north verus south. Part of the first change included a lot of the northern terminals to include yours. ( which is part of the central states.)

One thing is they can put what ever they want in a change, it still can be tweaked or denied by the committee. Just my 2 cents!!