Another first it only took 8-9 months

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Last week I worked 41 hours. The company told me that was acceptable and I got a good job. Actually so far so good at work. I've been showing up about 6:30am and have been getting done and clocking out around 3. Yesterday was a tad long wasn't awful, but it was a longer day, had a little bit of driving a lot of stops and then when I got back to the yard I thought, oh no I'm late, wrong half the fleet was jammed in the yard trying to get unloaded. I walked into the drivers room 5 guys in line ahead of me at the window.

I told my boss, I was back by three, but I had to wait to get unloaded. They said "Don't worry about that. That's a non issue."
I think what it is, is once they see you are back and you have to wait to get unloaded that's just life and that's on them not so much me.

Anyhow finally the lights are starting to come on only 8-9 months for that to happen. I will say this, this job keeps you on you're toes, but it's a good thing all day long you're mind is going and you're thinking where do we go next what do we have to do when we get there, so on and so fourth.