R&L | Another Lawsuit???

done wrong

TB Lurker
Credits
Don't know if this is true or not but just heard the RUMOR that a dispatcher in LA has filed a class action 5M dollar lawsuit against the company. Claims that he is only an employee and not a Supervisor. He should not be held responsible for what other people do. He does not get a break or lunch (required by law) and that in the state of Cali the law is to pay you overtime. (Not sure if it's after 8 or over 40?) He wants the time and a 1/2 retro paid to him for the length of his employment. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this. I just got word of it today.
Peace....

I don't know if this is the one already posted but there was discussion about a dispatcher lawsuit for time and a half.

If that's the case (I doubt it), the Roberts would have to of done that a while back. YRC has been selling everything they have left to keep afloat. From what my brother was telling me that Yellow asked another company to buy some of there old terminals to get some quick cash and in return Yellow would instead lease the buildings back from them.
They did not and now the company has a handful of mty terminals. With all of the other trucking companys out there and everybody knowing the issues YRC has why would you lay out money to try and help them?

This place has went into the toilet since all of these bums were hired! It use to be off the truck on the truck, get the frt out the gate. I'm tired of working two-three hours a night for free cause I keep getting more and more work dumped on me. Starting Monday whatever doesn't get done in my ten hours will have to wait till the next day.

November 19, 2009
R+L Carriers, Inc. v. YRC Worldwide, Inc. et al OH Southern Smith Other Contract Diversity-Breach of Contract
Plaintiff: R+L Carriers, Inc., R+L Carriers, Inc. Defendant: YRC Worldwide, Inc., USF Holland Inc, USF Reddaway, Inc., YRC Inc.

May 28, 2009
R&L Carriers, Inc. v. YRC Logistics, Inc. OH Southern Dlott Other Contract Diversity-Breach of Contract
Plaintiff: R&L Carriers, Inc. Defendant: YRC Logistics, Inc.

Diversity-Breach of Contract,Whatever that is.

Bottom line is before the YRC knuckleheads were hired lawsuits were minimal and since they started the flood gates have opened !!! Good idea hiring those guys huh ???

Don't know if this is true or not but just heard the RUMOR that a dispatcher in LA has filed a class action 5M dollar lawsuit against the company. Claims that he is only an employee and not a Supervisor. He should not be held responsible for what other people do. He does not get a break or lunch (required by law) and that in the state of Cali the law is to pay you overtime. (Not sure if it's after 8 or over 40?) He wants the time and a 1/2 retro paid to him for the length of his employment. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this. I just got word of it today.
Peace....
I think this is the Lawsuit that you're referring to, just click on the Link that says Complaint, that may open your eyes...LOL
Pleadings | Nelson Law Group - San Bruno, CA | R & L Carriers Overtime Class Action

Great link eightbawl. Thank you for that. As I understand none of the shop people get OT either. Is that right? Or am I wrong? It's my understanding that R+L requiers them to hold a CDL and classifies them as drivers.
Yes, I think that is Correct however, they may have to file a motion within their State's Statute and where the Compensatory Laws are Legislated...

They can however exercise a "Class Action", Depends on the State that Governs that laws, it's all complicated, it can be done but it will take some good law practice to do so and Money...LOL

Shop Workers employed by RL are paid the same as Drivers (Straight) time as well. There is a way for some to beat that if you all don't care about your jobs, check within your State's legislature on Wage Laws, it is surely against the law to work past 40 hours and not get paid overtime, but I think that it falls in the same catergory as Salary pay....