another one bites the dust terminal manger ny maspeth ny

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by maspethoriginal, Nov 4, 2017.

1. maspethoriginal

maspethoriginal New Member

Another one bites the dust here at Maspeth wow. lost all dispatch drove out by terminal manger... and new Penn... push people harder harassment atmosphere..... I don't see this company lasting we cant operate correctly and upper management don't do anything to fix things. GOOD JOB YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

2. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Amazing before Yellow if upper managment (TM and above) who were good at what they did would have done a fraction of the stupid,careless,mind blowing :shit: that these guys do someone of the VP level would be at the terminal the next day correcting them and the way they did things or showing them the door. Now guys have those jobs because no one else wants it.

3. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Rumor has it...and it is rumor...that 02's TM just quit.

tailgunner likes this.
  4. ABFer

ABFer Well-Known Member

Rumor has it from credible sources that 02 is imploding.

5. slavenomore

Possibly by design....It was us who was the target for taking our work and giving it to 3 other terminals.....The first and second biggest money maker at times....just picked apart......there's an r word related to brain deficiency which describes it.........So quick to come for givebacks when things weren't working......yet knowing that money os an issue with attracting drivers during a driver shortage...they surely don't decide to come back and say the givebacks were a mistake.....I guess it'll take bankruptcy to admit the wrongs....but maybe the point was just to take as much as they could and not give one damn about paying back the banks......sick rules the nations business mentality.

maspethoriginal likes this.
  6. maspethoriginal

maspethoriginal New Member

close them down.. no more pay cuts better working conditions more sick days and leave us alone

7. frtgod54

frtgod54 Member

Was that Dave Y. or is he gone already before??? Kind of lost track.

8. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

Don’t worry about losing track. It’s kind of hard to keep up with the way TM’s come and go around here. :biglaugh:

9. slavenomore

He's been gone for months....moved on to safety or something awhile back...I think he's gone from there too....the latest is Greg who came from Camp Hill...He's gone next Friday.

10. frtgod54

frtgod54 Member

suprising. did he quit or get whacked????

11. slavenomore

Greg did not get whacked...I really don't know about Dave. We didn't see him after he took the safety job or whatever he took at Corporate.

12. frtgod54

frtgod54 Member

greg been around a long time. Mustve taken a lot to get him to leave.

13. slavenomore

He had personal issues outside of work, plus our only dispatcher who really knew how to dispatch just left.....attitudes have been bad since concessions and the COO taking a whole lot of our work away doesn't make Reading a friendly and happy place.
    Timing wasn't there for Greg. He took a job closer to his family.

Rumor has it we have a new tm coming from Estes........I'm sure he's gonna love union rules.

14. ABFer

ABFer Well-Known Member

How many dispatchers have ye lost there? Where are the new ones coming from and how long do they last?

15. slavenomore

Before the COO we had 2 daytime dispatchers. After. we had one till the afternoon and then somebody would come in who had some knowledge of doing it. Guys that do multiple jobs. Past couple weeks we've had a guy who came from Holland who was here for a few years..I think he reached operations Manager here...and a few months back he left here for Scranton to become Operations manager, I think..I don't know if he wants to stay. he has an easier ride to Scranton than Reading.

There's been 3 dispatchers who were dispatchers and dispatchers only for the most part, going back to my start time in 2004 or so.
    One old time NP dispatch retired long ago...Then the 2nd retired within the last 2 years....and now the 3rd left 2 weeks ago.
    All the other ones seem to want to do all kinds of jobs, or else they are forced to...dock, outbound, inbound, whatever..
    TM's also fill in at dispatch sometimes. The last one would take over in the afternoon.

So, we've pretty much had only 3 real permanent type dispatches in 13 years, I think. The rest are temporary fill ins going from other new penn jobs to other New Penn jobs. 5 TM's in that time.

16. bknodfl

bknodfl Member

Hi Newpenn I’m a linehaul driver for OD jersey city. I heard your TM from Maspeth left for OD Brooklyn. I believe his name is Clyde. Do anyone knows him, Brooklyn is kind of upset it’s lost their TM.

17. sunrise

sunrise New Member

no we like to hired people right out of prison drug dealer felon they work cheap its the new way for trucking were always looking for ways to steal extra money from are customer that the yrc way

slavenomore likes this.
  18. Gto561

Gto561 Member

lol.... he's THE WORST ! our entire terminal jumped for joy when we heard he was leaving & then told not stick around once he gave his notice. totally unqualified to lead anything higher than a janitorial dept. he brings absolutely nothing positive to any situation he's involved with. i feel bad for you guys

19. bknodfl

bknodfl Member

NOT GOOD

20. Nobodycares

Nobodycares Member

Greg was always a nice guy to me when he was at 03 and when I came through 02. I would say I hope he found something better but that probably wasn't hard to do