Central Transport | Another One Bites The Dust

Eeksharky

TB Lurker
Credits
As of this comming monday springfiled mo will be closed and moved to joplin mo. this has to be the crazyest thing i have ever seen. :flame:

At this point, I think the pay cut is the least of our problems. The merger and economy is the tiger eating his prey. The pay cut does nothing but help the bottom line. Vitran isn't going anywhere. They may pull back a little. GOOD LUCK Grizz

Whats your point I was trying to be nice you want to be a jerk. Yrc is not going anywhere right away. Just saying I know what it feels like when everybody wants you to lose your job for there sake.

be on the lookout

just be on the lookout for duie pyle sales people. apparently all they know how to sell is to say you are going out of business. I wish I could find the one that runs my area.

a concerned new penn employee
d.j.

I worked for a company that forced us into a 15% pay cut and they survived another 13 years,at least enough fort me to get my pension which wasn't cut !!

ANR that I worked for survived 15-17 years after the pay cuts and big mergers,closed then because guys chose to strike in Dec. which is not best of times. It can be done with give backs. It is hard to compete like YRC with non-union carriers that pay far less,little or no benefits (or charge for them)minimal vacations,overtime after 45 -60
hours if at all. These are very hard times on the entire businesss world not just trucking. Trucking is very tough due to all of the competition,fuel prices,insurance,low rates ,weather factors and so on. 10% doesn't sound like much untill you multiply it times 40,000 workers and impact begins to be seen. These hard times call for hard work and stick togetherness for all companies and their drivers whoever they may work for.

agree with pigman .. it's not just trucking suffering; everyone is barely hanging on to their jobs right now