Estes | Another one bites the dust

kantgetryte

TB Legend
Credits
The RDM (Phil S.) was terminated over the weekend, upper management hasn't said why yet but we're sure it will filter down to the peons by weeks end. Instead of bashing you for being a real a--hole when you were the term. manager, I want to wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor:loser:

O Ok I remember him now..thanks

Bye the way here is some new news out today, Con-way was told today that they are gonna hafta take a 5% across the board pay cut, no more 401k match and lose a bunch of personal and vacation days. Bummer for those guys.

Bye the way here is some new news out today, Con-way was told today that they are gonna hafta take a 5% across the board pay cut, no more 401k match and lose a bunch of personal and vacation days. Bummer for those guys.

Amazing that Conway is looked up to as a leader in the industry, while Estes is never mentioned...

I heard the Truckin' Bozo ask three months ago, Who is this Estes Express?
(he has been doing trucking radio for thirty + years)

We will soon be a presence known in the realm of St Johnsbury when industry awakes one morning... There will be no escape from who dominates LTL.
I wish I was doing a Rah Rah bit here, but if I worked for another company, I would have to admit to the landfall coming Estes' way... Let's hope that as a company we can handle the volume, and still pull off the service..:popcorn:
I do know, as far as picking freight coming our way, that we will only "cherry pick" the most profitable, and pass on the crap....

Yep. I've noticed Rob has no problem saying no to minimum wage frieght. He's pulled trailers by the dozen at a few buisness's at our barn.

That's depressing. Those boys work hard over there! So I hear. I'd bet the morale will be down. They still should make a decent wage. Does those same rules apply to the truckload division?

That's depressing. Those boys work hard over there! So I hear. I'd bet the morale will be down. They still should make a decent wage. Does those same rules apply to the truckload division?

I have'nt heard how this will effect truckload. I would only be guessing but I would say they will be effected in some way.

I have'nt heard how this will effect truckload. I would only be guessing but I would say they will be effected in some way.

I would like to think it won't effect the 15 + year guys that much, but the news guys don't have much of a chance. But anytime you take ANYTHING it hurts. Good luck to the Con-Way guys we'll be lookin out for ya.:smilie_132:

You are right, we did take a pay cut and loose the 401k match (for now i hope) but.............we did not loose any vacation days or personal days( again, that is for now i hope)..................

You are right, we did take a pay cut and loose the 401k match (for now i hope) but.............we did not loose any vacation days or personal days( again, that is for now i hope)..................

I must've got some bad info from the con-way hands I was talking to. There are some on the C-W thread talking about 'em jackin with days off to but I hope that's wrong also.

The RDM probably deserved it. I wonder if it was instigated by phone calls from drivers? One only gets canned when one deserves it from this company.
Kings disciple said:
And some Big E drivers are b*tching about the extra board and short runs and waiting for loads. I wonder what they would be writing if they worked for Con-Way? Hey, at least we got a raise this year and have great bennies!

in my opinion sabine got what he deserved why should he be allowed to break the no solicting rule. word has it tm at 071 and the safety man kozak are next

Hell of a time to loose your job.Jocky driver in 027 told me this sabine fella was makin 10,000 a month on what ever it was he got fired for,that sounds a little to good to be true, or illegal as hell.

best thing bob o ever did im glad to see that they stay to the guns on company policy. nick and kozak should go also since the are doing the same thing