Averitt | Another one bites the dust

From the briefcase of this driver: "Yesterday I was a burger flipper, now I am a big rig operator. AE hired me because all of the qualified good drivers had quit. They placed me in this here truck and somehow it got messed up. I axed if I needed to fill out any paper work and they told me to fill out an accident report. What's an accident report? What's an accident? I wasn't doing nutin''.:clappy:

This scene is repeated far more often than it should be.

Well as soon as the "National transportation safety board" takes away ALL cell phones from the drivers, these senseless accidents will stop.

Thank God I live In a country where the government can protect me from myself.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.916215,-84.126888

"If tomatoes are classified as fruit, does that make catchup a smoothie?"

Speaking of biting the dust, mostly all of our good, albeit high mileage, daycabs (yes Volvos) have been sent away. Yes this included my old gal that I have had for almost 6 years. This leaves us with low mileage uncared for freightliners. Nobody has assigned tractors because there is a transition and it is a fight and a struggle every night. This past week I have driven a different freightliner every night and after this week I have come to the conclusion that a freightliner columbia daycab is a steaming pile of **** **** ****

Looks like that is a SLEEPER unit, while in NAS last week I saw some units sitting out behind the shop that makes that look like a fender bender scrape, I'll post the pic's later.

I'm driving down the road one night last week pass another truck. I glance over to see he has a laptop mounted on his dash and is watching a MOVIE and texting on his phone at the same time. I have seen this 3 times in the last few months.

A rocket scientist pulled into our yard last week after seeing the drive blocked and took off the left side hood of the city tractor and then stood up there and said he had the right of way. I wonder which one of our fine associates got bonus bucks for referring this clown. They need to send them back.

Not cool LTL...good luck on your search for a new job but some of us stay for our own reasons. You may or may not agree with them but I can tell you for sure as bad as Averitt can be there are a whole lot worse out there...

1tt1, I have worked for other LTL carriers and they are all the same other than the color of their trucks and their uniforms. Not a nickels worth of difference. This is why I want OUT of the LTL business. Would love to get out of trucking all together but it is kind of all I know at this point.