ABF | Another slap in the face by Fort Smith

PfybNBS.jpg

Hey Jim! I wear glasses too! They never made a song about me?!

Cd0G20Q.jpg

Judy (In disguise...with glasses)
:438:

http://www.arcb.com/getattachment/0...cquisition-of-Bear-Transp.aspx;.doc;.pdf;.map

We have 12million in cash to buy another company, have give blood sweat, and a week vac. up. That at a slap in the face by Judy & company. Get sick and tried of union saying this the best we can do.
It's kind of like when you train a foreigner to do your job so they can fire you and hire them for less money, except in this case they took the money from us so they could buy other companies and put us out of work.

Definitely need to make some leadership changes in Washington DC.The direction we all are being led is the wrong direction.The IBT has come up with a way to raise cash with less members and less representation or none at all in some cases.I know alot of us at YRC have felt we have been taken advantage of and devieved.I don't know what your people feel at ABF.

Hoffa knows their isn't crap he can do about it. You cant stop anyone from running a company into the ground. CNF/CF/Conway proved that.. Its called hang on and ride it out.. Unions aren't intended on telling companies how to dictate its future or run itself, that's why there is so much debate. Good ole Judy just asserted that principle. Hoffa chose to play vs stick a fork in it at contract time.. Its not about Washington. Its about what are you going to do?

TE="iam4us, post: 995836, member: 33765"]Hoffa knows their isn't crap he can do about it. You cant stop anyone from running a company into the ground. CNF/CF/Conway proved that.. Its called hang on and ride it out.. Unions aren't intended on telling companies how to dictate its future or run itself, that's why there is so much debate. Good ole Judy just asserted that principle. Hoffa chose to play vs stick a fork in it at contract time.. Its not about Washington. Its about what are you going to do?[/QUOTE]
Dont kid yourself.This administration has its fingers in everyone's pie.Savvy new way to raise funds for their bloated salaries

Hoffa knows their isn't crap he can do about it. You cant stop anyone from running a company into the ground. CNF/CF/Conway proved that.. Its called hang on and ride it out.. Unions aren't intended on telling companies how to dictate its future or run itself, that's why there is so much debate. Good ole Judy just asserted that principle. Hoffa chose to play vs stick a fork in it at contract time.. Its not about Washington. Its about what are you going to do?
The presumption is that during contract talks, ABF indicated they had a plan to withdraw from LTL, and go to a logistics base with non-Union people. I agree that companies can aim themselves down any rathole they wish in a deluded quest for more profits for the fee running the company, however, .....when the company negotiators laid that proposition on the table, our so-called "leadership" should've gone at them hammer'n'tongs to get the best possible contract imagineable,.........and called their bluff.

They would've immediately either closed the doors,.........or blinked, and provided the employees top+of-the-line wages and benefits right up to the time they shut the doors. Either way, they said they were going to close the Union side. Which way would be better?

Instead, it appears our so-called "leadership" said : " Oh, well, give us a wish-list of how you want to decimate the NMFA, and how much you want to cut wages and vacations..........DURING THE WORST DRIVER SHORTAGE IMAGINABLE!.......so that you corporate people can start feathering your nests early in preparation for when you finally get rid of those stinky Union guys, and go all logistical.

We are presuming, of course, that ABF had indicated that direction during negotiations, and based on that presumption, we are trying to fathom what the reason was for the IBT to gut out our contract, and divide up the NMFA, and to give back our wages and vacations to people who, in hindsight, laughed all the way to the bank,......or stockbroker.

I hear they upgraded the 4-way flashers on the new trailers so they can run a long, long time........Maybe that's cheaper than buying billboard space beside the interstate.......

Spend 26 mil. On buying a company, meanwhile your city fleet should be in the junkyard or a 3rd world country. Wonder how many new tractors 26mil. Would have bought? Pssst one more thing those shiney new trailers you bought don't move with a broke down tractor....
Speaking of those shiny new Stoughton trailers...has anyone else had trouble with the doors sticking on those damn things?

It could be worse....YRC could have bought you!....I bet that made you feel a little better! :D
Hah!,.......No, they only bring out that tactic when they want to scare us into accepting a substandard contract,.........We know they wouldn't buy us, it would cut into their executive bonus slush fund too much..........

Speaking of those shiny new Stoughton trailers...has anyone else had trouble with the doors sticking on those damn things?
And here I thought it was just me getting older and weaker.............We're now in the habit of greasing the trailer roller track on the new ones. Apparently someone at the factory wanted to save money by not applying 10 cents worth of grease when they assembled the doors.

It could be worse....YRC could have bought you!....I bet that made you feel a little better! :D
Put my 10 years in there, this place was a nice place to work until 2 years ago. Now not much of a difference between the both places except financially, poor planning is the biggest problem. So if yrc did buy us it would have made my choice crystal clear to move on....

We need to stop voting yes on these damn contracts for ABF.. Everyone needs to keep what we have and not give up anything else is the bottom line..

We need to stop voting yes on these damn contracts for ABF.. Everyone needs to keep what we have and not give up anything else is the bottom line..
We better do more than "keep" we better "vastly improve" this contract is ridiculous. They are proven liars and I cant see how anyone would vote in anything concessionary. No insurance payments, vacation back, pay increase of at least 5 dollars over the life of the contract and that's a bare minimum that would keep us just under non union companies. A good contract would put us over 30 dollars an hour at the end of 5 years.

I love your enthusiasm Boilerpeddle and I will fight for that. I agree 100%.. But it wont happen nor will most of ABF contract workers fight, they will fold if our so called leadership even bargains.. They will ask for concessions again or face shrinkage, they will threaten us with change to their other entities we have worked hard to fund.. This is what Judy was brought in for and others were ushered out for, It is what James Welch was brought in for at YRC.. Bust Union Freight Cos. Hoffa knows he cant do a darn thing about it.. just ride it out.. We can vote No all day long, they will impose the contract on us.. or ABF will shut us down. 2017 will be interesting leading up to contact negotiations. enjoy a quiet 2016.