Yellow | Another Top Teamster Backs Central States Pension Cuts

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
http://www.tdu.org/another_top_teamster_backs_central_states_pension_cuts

Why hasn't Lichtenwald been replaced as a Trustee of the Central States Pension Fund yet? Why hasn't Hoffa taken action on the IRB corruption report yet? Who's zoomin' who?

nsFkciA.jpg

:busted::chairshot::wtflol:

The Teamsters Union no longer wants anything to do with LTL trucking. Imo.
They do not need anymore companies to join.UPS, and UPS Freight is all they want anymore. The odds of UPS making any stupid buyouts like Yellow did, are pretty slim.

You
They do not need anymore companies to join.UPS, and UPS Freight is all they want anymore. The odds of UPS making any stupid buyouts like Yellow did, are pretty slim.
You are aware that The Teamsters (under Hoffa's leadership) have made very big efforts to organize Conway and Fedex?

It would be nice if they would make equal efforts to represent the members that they already have in a competent manner.
Full disclosure I don't work for YRC. Correct me if I'm wrong the IBT has 35% ownership of YRC as apart of the deal to restructure the debt. That in my opinion creates a serious conflict of interest being the IBT is supposed to represent the union members in negotiations with company for fair wages and benefits. Now the IBT is representing 35% of the company in which they want to see profit. How can they negotiate in good faith for the union members when the IBT could potentially gain more from stock prices going up by keeping wages lower and benefit cuts to show a profit.

Full disclosure I don't work for YRC. Correct me if I'm wrong the IBT has 35% ownership of YRC as apart of the deal to restructure the debt. That in my opinion creates a serious conflict of interest being the IBT is supposed to represent the union members in negotiations with company for fair wages and benefits. Now the IBT is representing 35% of the company in which they want to see profit. How can they negotiate in good faith for the union members when the IBT could potentially gain more from stock prices going up by keeping wages lower and benefit cuts to show a profit.
The teamsters union itself does not have a ownership position in YRCW I believe what you have heard/are thinking of is the stock options granted to the teamster workforce I.E. employees it was nowhere near 35% and through the reverse stock splits is now worthless.
You stand corrected, Wrench97 has it right.

I could be wrong but I believe UPS Parcel has been carrying UPS Freight for a while now.