ODFL | Anti Christmas or not?

DMT

TB Veteran
Credits
Is OD becoming anti-christmas or just trying to keep others from damaging company equipment that "are offended". I am unable to post the picture but it show a team truck with a wreath on the grill and states "no unauthorized items on OD trucks"

Last edited:
But yet their fb page is full of fake loving bs to show your part od decorated for Christmas.

If you authorize one thing,it will open up a can of worms for other things,they may not want to display on their equipment.Political correctness has set this country back.Everyone is offended at everything.A wreath should not be offensive to anyone but then someone will say,"He can put a wreath on his truck,but I cant put a skull on mine??"This is just a hypothetical,but its probably a road they dont want to go down.

Is OD becoming anti-christmas or just trying to keep others from damaging company equipment that "are offended". I am unable to post the picture but it show a team truck with a wreath on the grill and states "no unauthorized items on OD trucks"
Maybe the team could have wreaths attached to their chests to show their xmas spirit???

Maybe the team could have wreaths attached to their chests to show their xmas spirit???

jtiu55p.jpg

Why does the office gets to have their Christmas trees and office Christmas parties that drivers are not invited to?

Remember next time you call you in for your 5 daily exceptions because all our company does is damage freight and the girl on the phone talks to you with an attitude it is because that's how the office views the drivers as a bother.

Last edited:
Sheriff Taylor has a wreath, and lights on his squad car??
This sheriff not big on displays,he thinks you ought to be able to figure out his faith and beliefs by his behavior, more than displays and chestbeating. Now that's out of the way, OD more than likely see's that equipment as part of the brand,and yes they're pretty adamant about putting anything on the tractors yes it's just a wreath, then someone else puts something else on there,sooner or later something many would consider offensive(I'll leave that up to your imagination) or damaging(blocking airflow to the radiator) I'm taking OD's side on this one, if you wan't to personalize a tractor, buy one of your own,It's their brand they wan't a uniform fleet, they aren't alone none of our competitors allow that either it seems to be an LTL thing.

This sheriff not big on displays,he thinks you ought to be able to figure out his faith and beliefs by his behavior, more than displays and chestbeating. Now that's out of the way, OD more than likely see's that equipment as part of the brand,and yes they're pretty adamant about putting anything on the tractors yes it's just a wreath, then someone else puts something else on there,sooner or later something many would consider offensive(I'll leave that up to your imagination) or damaging(blocking airflow to the radiator) I'm taking OD's side on this one, if you wan't to personalize a tractor, buy one of your own,It's their brand they wan't a uniform fleet, they aren't alone none of our competitors allow that either it seems to be an LTL thing.
Couldn't have said it better.

Such careful and clever wording but yet Canadian companies with the same model of trucks are covering the whole grille for the winter haha. Remember, parties and seasonal spirit are for office workers only. You drivers are just pukes and will enjoy whatever residue is left over from the chili cook off everyone enjoyed while you were on the street.

I've never posted on here before but from a shop tech's prospective, the wreath in the photo was in an area that would have blocked the air from the radiator. Had it been a larger wreath (eh), I would agree that air flow would not have been an issue. I don't think this was as much anti-Christmas as it was anti-breakdown. I've seen things like this shut a tractor down either due to over-heating or melting the charge air cooler. Both leaving the driver on the side of the road for a long time...

Such careful and clever wording but yet Canadian companies with the same model of trucks are covering the whole grille for the winter haha. Remember, parties and seasonal spirit are for office workers only. You drivers are just pukes and will enjoy whatever residue is left over from the chili cook off everyone enjoyed while you were on the street.
You're really butthhurt about not getting invited to the office potluck, aren't you? You need to find some help for those entitlement issues you suffer from..

Why does the office gets to have their Christmas trees and office Christmas parties that drivers are not invited to?

Remember next time you call you in for your 5 daily exceptions because all our company does is damage freight and the girl on the phone talks to you with an attitude it is because that's how the office views the drivers as a bother.
A first yesterday here.The term had Christmas Lunch and it was for everyone this year.

You're really butthhurt about not getting invited to the office potluck, aren't you? You need to find some help for those entitlement issues you suffer from..

That gravy gig of just holding a wheel all day doing nothing that you've got could afford to buy all of us working drivers at sea a good night out to make up for all the meals we've missed.

Anyone else seen the Facebook video with the OD Volvo rolling down the street with a big wreath right in front of the grill? They do wish us a Merry Christmas and happy holidays.