Anti-union propaganda in LA?

18 September 2006 - this past Saturday Oak Harbor had the opportunity to celebrate God's faithfulness for ninety (90) years. This event was blessed with good weather and great attendance. The Auburn special events team did a great job putting the event on. There will be similar events around the system. We had a truck driving rodeo and a forklift championship. Initially there was a hesitation for our people to compete but once they saw a person like me, able to compete, more of them took the challenge. Dustin Hustead won the trucking driving and Ryan Stacy won the forklift championship. They will be flown to L/A for the last celebration where they will compete against the other regional winners and we will be able to crown a Grand Champion. There are four (4) more events scheduled.

23 September Portland
30 September Boise
07 October Sacramento
14 October Los Angeles

Come and join the celebration.

David Vander Pol
Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Thanks for sharing with us David, regarding the celebration of Sept 16. I am so looking forward to Sept 23 here in Portland. See you then.

God Bless you

Joe

Another note - we have just published our latest edition of Directions which is a magazine that we publish and send to our external customers. You can access this by simply going to our website oakh.com and clicking on Directions magazine and clicking on the edition that you want.

David Vander Pol
Oak Harbor Freight Lines

congradualtion David to you and your family for 90 years of success with oakh and it be the same in the next 90 years to come

Joe

davidvp said:
18 September 2006 - this past Saturday Oak Harbor had the opportunity to celebrate God's faithfulness for ninety (90) years. This event was blessed with good weather and great attendance. The Auburn special events team did a great job putting the event on. There will be similar events around the system. We had a truck driving rodeo and a forklift championship. Initially there was a hesitation for our people to compete but once they saw a person like me, able to compete, more of them took the challenge. Dustin Hustead won the trucking driving and Ryan Stacy won the forklift championship. They will be flown to L/A for the last celebration where they will compete against the other regional winners and we will be able to crown a Grand Champion. There are four (4) more events scheduled.

23 September Portland
30 September Boise
07 October Sacramento
14 October Los Angeles

Come and join the celebration.

David Vander Pol
Oak Harbor Freight Lines

David wondering what is your feelings on God's faithfulness for ninety (90) years for Oakh this last Sat. Sept 23rd Portlands celebration. No word for you on it or your brother Ed's I did not see him there????

Our whole family was down, My Father, My mother, Ed and his wife and their two (2) boys and their families, my wife and myself. As I have stated in each of the celebration, we are celebrating Gods faithfulness for ninety (90) years. We stated that as well on the Celebrations Video which we show at the Celebration and will mail to each of our employees homes.

I heard this samething years ago at S. E. Freight. The owner brought in members of his family to tell us how down to earth he was and how they where taking care of us. How they would close the doors if we unionized. How his father drove and old chevy to work. Why i was working long hours everyday without overtime breaking freight in the morning and driving delivering anywhere between 15 to 20 stops and then picking up. Then when you did go over sixty hours management would intimidate the men not to get there deserved overtime instead would have them carry over to the next week and cut them off so it would work out. So end results where they gave the Atlanta facility a $1.50 wage increase and that ended that. Management went back to the same old ways then. All of the anti-union meetings fell to the way side the threat was gone. Those of us that where for the union well like me wasn't long before i was looking for another job.

Don't worry... truckenjoe may have been drinking the purple Kool-Aid, but I hear what you are saying Drake... very familiar refrain...

Whats the big deal?

David VP decides to bless us with his presence, how quickly you all forget the brutal battle that was waged in your recent contract. Don't forget whom was hiding behind labor consultants offering a pittance in wages, and healthcare options so poor the international had to step in. Don't think for a minute that David VP would hesitate to sell this company and all of you with it if the offer were right.

I have never been treated so poorly by anyone as I was by the management in Auburn. I worked there for five years and to this day I still get angry thinking about it. I was 18 when I started there it took me five years of literal abuse, and mistreatment. I finally made the best decision of my life, and left this company.

It’s been three years now, and my only regret is I didn't quit the first time I was mistreated. I pretty much spend my days trying to steal your drivers, and talk anyone out of even thinking about working for you. I know you can't be everywhere and control everything that happens in your organization. But I don't think you even try.

Current employees especially new hires, come and join a NMFA company, now is the time. Dave VP cares so much about you, that’s why all those nice new city trucks have no A/C. He's laughing his *** off, while yours is cooking on the street! I wonder how his retirement plan works...
Praise the Lord Halijluah

It take guts for the V.P to come on here and clairify some problems. we welcome that. Its like walking into a gun fight with a knife.

???

It takes guts to log onto a website and type? Seems pretty easy to me.... abc 123.

It takes guts to do the right thing; it takes guts not to take advantage of the people that make your livelihood possible. In the mid 80's the Teamsters gave concessions to this company, now they refuse to open their books. This company was built on Teamster backs now they feed these LA guys the same BS you find on the Wal-Mart site, Yeah, “a open line of communication between management and team members"....like looking up a sewer pipe.

OHFL master freight in 08

DETrob said:
It take guts for the V.P to come on here and clairify some problems. we welcome that. Its like walking into a gun fight with a knife.

That's right , I wish more of our mgt at FXF would post but they seem to be afraid of something or like the feeling of spying , I don't really know.

silvertooth said:
It takes guts to log onto a website and type? Seems pretty easy to me.... abc 123.

It takes guts to do the right thing; it takes guts not to take advantage of the people that make your livelihood possible. In the mid 80's the Teamsters gave concessions to this company, now they refuse to open their books. This company was built on Teamster backs now they feed these LA guys the same BS you find on the Wal-Mart site, Yeah, “a open line of communication between management and team members"....like looking up a sewer pipe.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!

I love it when managment uses the Bible as an excuse!

Everyone is looking for a guarantee. There are no guarantees other than those promised in the Bible. A contract has a beginning date and an ending date - there is no guarantee after that.

Dear David VP,

I don't drive for you or your company, but death isn't just "guaranteed" in the Bible,
its guaranteed for every living thing on this earth.

It also has nothing to do with this discussion and it does nothing makes you appear that you are clouding the issue, using a religious tone that perhaps many of your workers & drivers may find objectionable.

As a long term CDL driver, and a former SB employer myself, it's all the little things, such as this uncalled for behavior, that add up to good drivers wishing to either:

A) leave a company for better pastures or,

B)organize a company to make it better.

This isn't my fight, but that's my .02 cents, for what it's worth.

-Ranger409

Teamsters Union Member- Local #150
LH Driver, Roadway Express Co. #809

Lighten up Silvertooth...if you can only spuuuu bad things about our company go away. There are many who care about it and I am one of them. :smilie_132:

Ha! you ain't worked here very long or you are management:biglaugh: Things are'nt so rosey in PDX right now.Between the security system that is plugging up our yard because they could'nt wait until they got the property next door ready and the "optimizing" routing program that has the P&D drivers running harder than linehaul,or the lack of accountability in Central Dispatch by not having guys preplanned after it's already 400 in the morning and they know which way the trailers are moving,god I would hope so.This is typical behavior though"See guys,were going through growing pains right now" yeah right,it's lack of experience and the inability to have a "plan B" in motion for when things go bad(i.e.bad weather).They better get it together soon before they lose it.