Yellow | Any Comments and Reports From Your Local Concerning The IBT Conference Call Tuesday?

Just wait. The BA is going to show up with Schnieder and JB Hunt mags, and tell you you better vote yes. That is what they did at 710 the first time they pulled this sh-t. Always stuck in my craw that they had the balls to do that.

710 / 309 Update

710 Update: Nothing from the Hall,

But:

The TM had a meeting Thursday and said there is no money coming off the table that he is aware of, just a term extension. He also said we won't know any details or vote for a while, like 30 days?????

He then congratulated all the dock suck butts who got letter of thanks (from him) for running 100's of bills a day and then got into a argument with a fellow dock man about the crappy lighting on the south dock.

Also said a decision (wink wink) will be made about the Ridge in 90 days (from today) after we pay the first installment (guess they will throw a few extra bucks in for Chicago) of the 2014 payment due or we will get new lights at 309.......

falling-off-a-cliff.png

it is amazing how they can write all these bogus safety letters at. 309 but you cant see at all once it gets dark on the south dock. rg and tm dont give a

Just wait. The BA is going to show up with Schnieder and JB Hunt mags, and tell you you better vote yes. That is what they did at 710 the first time they pulled this sh-t. Always stuck in my craw that they had the balls to do that.

Next time when the BA shows up with the mags....tell him that there is another union screw up....in the day Schnieder Transport was the highest paid union company. It went from a 3.5 year wait on the hiring list, to right out of driving school thanks to our unions help.! Everytime they wanted to lower the pay, they just got a new contract for a new board. At the time I left we had 5 boards running. Then the union agreed to allow the lump some payment of $ 1.00 a thousand for loading/unloading with a cap of 45.00 per load. They cried we need a give back only for 3 years....we will be okay.! Yes we voted but it passed, guess who got to bump the docks and who had the heavy floor loads. Except for a handfull of us our board was 50 years+. how long would you last throwing 44,000# off the trailer, going to your pick up and having to throw 44,000# back on the floor. Yes and you got paid 90.00 for 2 days, Before it was hourly from the 1st stop, until you were loaded and on your mileage pay. The only thing we didn't get paid for was sleeper time. Then out of no where the 550 orange 53' showed up....just think spending most of your day unloading empty plastic bottles in boxes for 12.00.....$1.00 a thousand weight@ 12,000. Then a forced layover till the next day...no layover pay. They just picked out a group of guys and started pushing the buttons until they were gone. From over 1,800 of us down to 750 when I walked away. The birth of Schnieder National.....thanks to the IBT.!

If the jerks do....just tell them no thanks, they do everything online now!.....KK

I have been thru this with American Stevedoring, Purex company fleet, Schnieder Transport, Signal Delivery, Penn Truck Lines, yes the mighty teamster give away...The Kroger Co. and now YRC. No matter what you up give....the end will always have the same result, I will not go to the hall and listen to the same old broken record again.! I don't have to go there and get insulted....I can get that at my terminal...LOL.!

Not so easy. Too many like to complain - too few like to take action. Everybody talks the talk, not that many walk the walk. Same as it it's been for decades now.

Like I said! Easy fix. We give management one bite at the apple. If they ignore a safety issue, we call OSHA. Plain and simple.

Like I said! Easy fix. We give management one bite at the apple. If they ignore a safety issue, we call OSHA. Plain and simple.

My point is - how many would actually make that call? Lots of guys talk, how many follow up? We have lot's of laws and regulations to support us on the job. How many ignore them (HOS for instance with some road drivers) when it benefits themselves or makes things a little inconvenient.

My point is - how many would actually make that call? Lots of guys talk, how many follow up? We have lot's of laws and regulations to support us on the job. How many ignore them (HOS for instance with some road drivers) when it benefits themselves or makes things a little inconvenient.

I have the local osha office number on my cell.

Yes. Air quality. Lack of proper ventilation.

Good for you, glad to hear it. If more would do that problems would more then likely be solved.

As a road driver there's nothing worse than getting into your set on the ready line and discovering an issue with the tractor and seeing that the last driver marked the writeup "OK, no defects".

I have the local osha office number on my cell.

Love it! So do I. It got to the point at the barn I work out of that the TM would beg us not to call OSHA, and that if we have safety concerns to bring it to his attention and that he would address the concerns. When he fails, we call. EASY FIX! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

I do know what you mean Plex. But, as far as I'm concerned, some people need to either quit being lazy, or grow a pair.

Love it! So do I. It got to the point at the barn I work out of that the TM would beg us not to call OSHA, and that if we have safety concerns to bring it to his attention and that he would address the concerns. When he fails, we call. EASY FIX! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

I do know what you mean Plex. But, as far as I'm concerned, some people need to either quit being lazy, or grow a pair.

Absolutely. Sometimes we're our own worst enemy.

Long time back on another job there were a couple of mechanics who were annoyed (I'm using a more "mild" description here) at me for writing up equipment so much. I tried to explain that those write-ups were job security for them and complaining about them was like drivers, dock men, etc. complaining about too much freight. Well, down the line the company laid off a couple of them. Poor guys were sheepishly telling me I was right but it was a little too late for them.

309 YRC Chicago

Absolutely. Sometimes we're our own worst enemy.

Long time back on another job there were a couple of mechanics who were annoyed (I'm using a more "mild" description here) at me for writing up equipment so much. I tried to explain that those write-ups were job security for them and complaining about them was like drivers, dock men, etc. complaining about too much freight. Well, down the line the company laid off a couple of them. Poor guys were sheepishly telling me I was right but it was a little too late for them.

Hearsay........