Estes | Any drvers here out of La Mirada?

I don't think an apology is nessesary steve. We do a lot of jokin' around on the 'OL Big E merry-go-round. Kinda loosens us up. Beerboy didn't mean anything. He's just a prankster and likes to have fun.Like all the rest of us.If I or anyone else knew of anything going in LaMirada, I think we would let you know. That terminal has went through a lot sence Estes took over. I think the best thing that could have been said was,"Your guess is as good as ours".Have a good one and good luck.

i never mean anything by what i say. i photobucket searched crips and that's the pic i got
I love Bakersfield. and west of there wow.
down ,what [?? 57 ??] Pomona freeway is awesome. some of the best looking country is cali.
southern cali is a wild place but you guys are right the wrong place is not a good place to be.
never did mind cali at all.
now how much fun was this post

too get laid off or loose pay ???? :nutkick: I guess we just here to fight on this thread. no humor or makin funnies we just need to talk about how some drivers regret leaving estes
did not know that any that left had regrets some maybe but many aren't looking back

Anyone from La Mirada, Ca would know where this is
image_hotel_exterior_outside_1.jpg

I was a line driver there 2004-05. I keep hearing rumors about shake ups going on there.

A lot has changed since you left. Lost most of the productive service area when E opened terminal in Long Beach. After the first of the year they moved the break portion to Riv including a socal hub operation although this hub op is moving back to LMI next week. Most of the dock people were let go except some of the more senior guys. A few have been rehired but not many. This place is quite a ghost town compared to what it once was. They did do a pretty good job of painting the whole facility as well as redoing large sections of the dock floor and the yard. The shop got a pretty decent makeover as well but most of the mechanics you may have known have moved on.
Most of the senior drivers in linehaul remain as well as city drivers. I hope this answers your question.

A lot has changed since you left. Lost most of the productive service area when E opened terminal in Long Beach. After the first of the year they moved the break portion to Riv including a socal hub operation although this hub op is moving back to LMI next week. Most of the dock people were let go except some of the more senior guys. A few have been rehired but not many. This place is quite a ghost town compared to what it once was. They did do a pretty good job of painting the whole facility as well as redoing large sections of the dock floor and the yard. The shop got a pretty decent makeover as well but most of the mechanics you may have known have moved on.
Most of the senior drivers in linehaul remain as well as city drivers. I hope this answers your question.

Yes, it pretty much does answer the question. Thank you.

More stupidity from people who know nothing about the once proud G.I. Trucking Company. Yes Legshot, there is an environmental problem with the fuel tanks. Interesting how you would be aware of it. But as far as the disrespect that spews from others in regards to G.I. and La Mirada in particular, you don't even have a clue how much freight used to pass through that terminal. I have been in that yard when it looked like the 405 freeway at rush hour. Literally, you could not move due to the number of trailers full of freight. There have been some of the most dedicated, experienced drivers, dock workers,hostlers, dispatchers, supervisors, office personel, mechanics, etc. etc. that a company could ever dream to have the privilege of employing at any given terminal in their system. In short, G.I. Trucking/La Mirada Ca. was an all-star team of employees. And I will always be proud of my employment at that facility. TE out.....

once again all i said was a joke. didn't mean any harm
always have enjoyed running in and out of that terminal. i can only imagine what it was when you guys was there elvis

More stupidity from people who know nothing about the once proud G.I. Trucking Company. Yes Legshot, there is an environmental problem with the fuel tanks. Interesting how you would be aware of it. But as far as the disrespect that spews from others in regards to G.I. and La Mirada in particular, you don't even have a clue how much freight used to pass through that terminal. I have been in that yard when it looked like the 405 freeway at rush hour. Literally, you could not move due to the number of trailers full of freight. There have been some of the most dedicated, experienced drivers, dock workers,hostlers, dispatchers, supervisors, office personel, mechanics, etc. etc. that a company could ever dream to have the privilege of employing at any given terminal in their system. In short, G.I. Trucking/La Mirada Ca. was an all-star team of employees. And I will always be proud of my employment at that facility. TE out.....

Well good, we respect that you feel that way, Elvis. And no, we don't think you're stupid for leaving.

I was there for a year and a half and got that. When we heard estes was taking over, i checked out.

I think that estes is cool for someone starting out in ltl, then go to FedEx or Saia or something to retire at.

:biglaugh:Yea, then get pay cuts up to 6% and have your vacation time messed with. Those that use Estes for that, I wish would not hire on.Go to FedEx or Saia, call us when you get to the unemployment line.

:biglaugh:Yea, then get pay cuts up to 6% and have your vacation time messed with. Those that use Estes for that, I wish would not hire on.Go to FedEx or Saia, call us when you get to the unemployment line.

Estes is a well respected company, I bet you guys get treated better than I did at fredex, none the less, if I wanted to get back into freight I wouldn't be shy about going to my Estes terminal and putting in an application, sounds like steve had a bad experience, just like I did for 7 years at fredex, I wouldn't go back there for $100,000 a year, fact is they ruined me on freight, you guys don't complain alot here, you seem to have fun, kinda like AF was b-4 fredex came along and ruined a very good thing!!

Estes is a well respected company, I bet you guys get treated better than I did at fredex, none the less, if I wanted to get back into freight I wouldn't be shy about going to my Estes terminal and putting in an application, sounds like steve had a bad experience, just like I did for 7 years at fredex, I wouldn't go back there for $100,000 a year, fact is they ruined me on freight, you guys don't complain alot here, you seem to have fun, kinda like AF was b-4 fredex came along and ruined a very good thing!!

Fred's busy triing to keep certain organizations out.

Fred's busy triing to keep certain organizations out.

I know, when I was there they spent tons on colorful anti-u know what posters and paid meetings to drive their point home, had fredex adopted and maintained AF's policies they wouldn't have anything to worry about, but no, they figure every employee is a thief.
Its good to know there is a freight company that doesn't think like that, Estes, Averitt, and Southeastern are the companies that I would consider if I were to return to freight, in that order, none of the others, I would rather live in my pick-up first!

we make .53 a mile and dispatch is not afraid to throw out the miles. napping on your route is kiddin around with [unless its everyday] i just don't get what makes estes such a bad out fit. we could be at Bill Cox's outfit and that would be no fun sleeping in the shop