SAIA | Any East coast news?

i think they should take a break on the acquisitions for a bit. they keep partially blaming the bad operating ratio on the companies we bought last year. let the accounts build back up and intergrate the lanes to MFS and Connection Co. as well. alot of carriers are offering next day service to those points, wheras we offer 2 day service.

i think they should take a break on the acquisitions for a bit. they keep partially blaming the bad operating ratio on the companies we bought last year. let the accounts build back up and intergrate the lanes to MFS and Connection Co. as well. alot of carriers are offering next day service to those points, wheras we offer 2 day service.

I bet that’s a great selling point to the customers!! Not only does it come damaged but it takes a extra day to get there!:funky:

The expansion occurred right before the economy began to slow. I suspect or at least hope our leadership will allow the newest acquisition to become more solidified into the Saia system before trying to bite off another big chunk of geography. Too much growth too soon can create more problems than the additional business would solve.

I bet that’s a great selling point to the customers!! Not only does it come damaged but it takes a extra day to get there!:funky:

Well spoken DC. This comes on the heels of Southeastern getting the contract with Valspar from Saia. Three different Lowes stores told me it was a delivery thing. Their paint was delivered before 10:00am Thursday. GNC could not get the paint offloaded onto their own dock before 11"00am, then it had to ride to the Lowes stores, usually getting to the stores from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. BUT WE'RE SAVING MONEY BY GOLLY. So what if we lose an account or two?

Well spoken DC. This comes on the heels of Southeastern getting the contract with Valspar from Saia. Three different Lowes stores told me it was a delivery thing. Their paint was delivered before 10:00am Thursday. GNC could not get the paint offloaded onto their own dock before 11"00am, then it had to ride to the Lowes stores, usually getting to the stores from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. BUT WE'RE SAVING MONEY BY GOLLY. So what if we lose an account or two?

When did Southeastern take over Valspar? I have yet to see any paint yet. On the other hand as a ex Saia employee. I do believe that Saia needs a terminal in Wilmington,nc.

HEY HEY HEY NOW!! We have the best management available to the industry and if you don’t believe me just ask them!!:1036316054: Plus everyone knows you make money by saving money!!!

When did Southeastern take over Valspar? I have yet to see any paint yet. On the other hand as a ex Saia employee. I do believe that Saia needs a terminal in Wilmington,nc.

According to three different Lowes on 4/3/08, Southeastern will be delivering Valspar. Winterville NC, Jacksonville NC, and Cape Carteret NC. That's the story they told me. And yes they do need a terminal in Wilmington NC. There is a company in Holly Ridge NC that is begging to give us freight. GNC can not get there because we don't leave the dock till 10:00am with 13 to 18 stops that most of them have to be done by 4:00pm or brought back. FAY will not pick up the freight because its in GNC's territory, but FAY delivers to Lowes in Surf City NC (sometimes call Hampsted) 3 1/2 miles from TRB Flooring in Holly Ridge. GO FIGURE.

all of our valspar at jcy comes in on an outside carrier by truckload usually the day before or really early in the am and we take it strait to lowes

Ours got here early in the morning and they waited till all the trucks were loaded with all our other freight, then the dock guys would unload the paint from the outside carriers and load it on the tail of our trailers. Can you say BACKTRACK?

all of our Valspar is delivered by outside carrier in GVL as well. We don't make the driver wait though. When i get back from CLT in the a.m., the driver is usually already in a door and probably by 330am he's empty. Sometimes they get there really early and after all the outbound is done, one guy will unload them there. Look out for alot more damages and lost accounts around here b/c of the cubic ft. system and central dispatch telling the terminals how many trailers they are allowed. There have been many times we were told to stack freight on top of other freight with labels saying DO NOT STACK, Fragile, etc. If I go against what I am told, someone comes behind me and stacks it anyway. We use to not stack much freight at all here...and we had so much freight that when i would leave on my run, there would still be trailers to be broke. I understand the economy has halted freight volumes, but that's not the whole of it.

you guys know the dock guys will use those logistics bars correct ha ha ha :hysterical:we get trailers in from memphis that look like a tornado picked them up and spun them around then threw them on the ground:hide: if they would be as strict on the dockworkers as they are on drivers it would stop alot of damages what im trying to say is we put a scratch on one of these worn out turds safety wants to fire us for it but a dockworker can damage a 20,000.00 piece of machinery and they tell them ah thats ok just dont do it again:1036316054:

you guys know the dock guys will use those logistics bars correct ha ha ha we get trailers in from memphis that look like a tornado picked them up and spun them around then threw them on the ground if they would be as strict on the dockworkers as they are on drivers it would stop alot of damages what im trying to say is we put a scratch on one of these worn out turds safety wants to fire us for it but a dockworker can damage a 20,000.00 piece of machinery and they tell them ah thats ok just dont do it again:1036316054:

amen!!!:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054: