SAIA | Any East coast news?

Ok, from what I hear we are opening up the buffalo area.

Interesting where did you hear this? I have seen some of your trucks in Buffalo on the highway. I assume that they are going to Land Air Express to drop trailers of interline freight for the northeast. I have seen Saia trailers in Land Air's yard. Drivers are probably out of the Cleveland OH terminal.

So when is Saia going to open up in Buffalo?

i think they should take a break on the acquisitions for a bit. they keep partially blaming the bad operating ratio on the companies we bought last year. let the accounts build back up and intergrate the lanes to MFS and Connection Co. as well. alot of carriers are offering next day service to those points, wheras we offer 2 day service.

Of course they keep balming Connection& MFS.The almighty is blameless on all of this.Course when you tell lies on a daily basis about vacations &how great the benifits are to your employees,I can see why no one cares if the almighty survives or not.

Do you think they would expand into the area by buying a company or just open up a terminal?

I would assume they will buy a company. But then again, why are they running all this freight back and forth between cleveland/buffalo, for land air? New customer?

I would imagine The Connection was hard on them. Simply because of all the crap equipment, terminals, and lazy/old personnel.

But what do you expect when the drivers were paid .38 cents a mile with Connection, and Saia pays .52.

Of course they keep balming Connection& MFS.The almighty is blameless on all of this.Course when you tell lies on a daily basis about vacations &how great the benifits are to your employees,I can see why no one cares if the almighty survives or not.

:chairshot:That should have been blaming.

overall i like my job. i don't spend all sunday dreading going to work like i did with pepsi. hell....i even go to work when it is raining! something i never did at pepsi. the longer i've been here and the more i've talked to drivers from other companies, the more i realize that it's just as good/bad (depending on your take) as any of the other companies.

How many agree on this? Overall I love my job. It's stupid management that I hate about my job. They say they are looking at the big picture when they can not see past their office door.

its ok, medical benefits suck

and i wish we got paid first and last hooks like the west coast does. also we give half hour before delay, unlike west coast.

I have to say that no major complaints here not that it would do any good if i did!! I am sure every freight company has a hand full of douche bags in management !! The money is good and the equipment is alright!! There is always extra runs on the weekends if we want them!! Its all in how you look at it...