Any Home brewers here?

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
I used to make Home Brew in the 90's and just started again... Starting out with the Novice kit to get my wheels back under me..

Just making a basic lager this time

This first batch is just a simple Lager.,.. Next batch ordered is a Nut brown ale...

You make it, Brian will taste test it! I don't drink beer, never acquired the taste for it, but its got to be fun making your own!

I have already drank about 10 750ml bottles of this stuff... Waiting on some supplies to come in to make a nut brown ale , probably start that this weekend

Just got a new batch started

Nut Brown Ale... Needs about 2 weeks in the fermenter and 3 weeks in the bottle before drinking

1461751_10152065819524598_961961245_n.jpg

i never tried beer or wine making...seems to me that the cost and waiting times are just not worth the effort. there are many "micro-brews" all around, well especially in my area.

but then again, i do not drink, so to me, i see no value in the costs of all that waiting..

but to the rest of you that "do brew"..???

good luck, and enjoy, the fruits of your labors, as for me....a quick trip the the liquor store, and all of about $20 or less, i can buy what i need, when the 'urge" to have a drink of icy cold beer beckons....and that'll be coming next summer..!!

It's about making the beer the way you want it to taste... It's a Hobby

I get 53 beers for about 30 bucks with this recipe + my time

well like i said, "enjoy the fruits of your labors"...

but for me, my hobby(s) do not include waiting (for the fermentation and whatever else you said earlier), God only knows, i do enough of that now on the job...!!

I did it with Mr Beer back in the day, it wasn't bad, wasn't good, my goal was to increase the alcohol content..LOL, I looked into it several years ago and home brewing kits have gotten better, some are quite expensive, depends on what you want out of it.

I Can't Find My Pictures But I Make Some From Time To Time (especially Around These Holidays) Many Uses Such As Gifts, Household Cleaner, FireStarter, Fuel, Kills The Flu, Colds Even makes A Decent Science Project For the Youngsters.

I've made a few batches its cool watching the primary fermentation.
Two important steps are temperature regulation and getting a decent mash tun.
Igloo water coolers with a stainless steel false bottom work well.