SAIA | Any info on Phoenix terminal?

NewTruckGuy

TB Lurker
Credits
Looking to transfer out there in the spring, if they let me. I'm still a rookie with saia so I'll be running system for awhile. How are the miles for system guys running the west/southwest?

What are the bid runs like? All kinds with all the range in miles?

I'm somewhat hesitant because I'd think a lot of freight from FON probably moves through PHX, and I've heard all kinds of things about layoffs and such at FON, how much of that is true outside of the system wide layoffs we all had I don't know, but id think if FON is that slow than maybe PHX is too. Although they probably have a lot of their own inbound/outbound freight. I could just be overthinking it. Any advice is appreciated.

Raising this post from the dead........Just wanting to see if anyone knows anything about this terminal? I talked to another linedriver who used to work out of there. He said to get into linehaul in that terminal you have to run city first, get seniority then go to line. Safe to say I have no plans on doing that if thats true. Twice the work for half the pay. No offense city guys. Although you guys have a much better schedule.

I used to run to PHX while in the system.

I talked to their ops manager about transferring. He said there is a loooooong list of people waiting to get on line at PHX. Both city and outside transfers.

I don't think gaining seniority in the city would affect your chances of getting on line- city and line are 2 separate boards.

Not to hijack this thread, but since we're talking about the southwest, does las vegas hire (or allow transfer) linehaul drivers or do you have to start in the city there too? I'm planning on moving there in 2-3 years

Last week I heard that LVS was fully staffed with no open positions in the foreseeable future.

A year ago, LVS had 2-3 line spots to fill. I considered a move there but was too slow.