FedEx Freight | Any know the FedEx freight driver who was involved in Oakland California accident?

Living_d_dream

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard it was fatal. The guy in the vehicle that collided with our truck was pronounced dead at the scene. My heart goes out to his family and that of our colleague. Be safe out there guys. Let's make safety a full time job and not a part-time practice.

Sure sounds like it wasn't
That may be true based on the information they have thus far. You know it's got to be heavy on our driver's heart to know that somebody's lamp was snuffed out in an accident that he was involved in. My point is, it is not about whose fault was it but about the reality of what we are up against daily as we do our job. Who knows, there might have been some safety measures our guy could have put to use that could have prevented the accident from happening. You know so well that lots of people driving cars and other vehicles don't understand the braking system of tractor trailers. That's why they cut in front of us, many a time giving us less than a minute of reaction time. They are toying with their lives when they do that. That is where our professionalism comes into play. We know better. That's why we can't let them get us to do what would make us flip our doubles.

That may be true based on the information they have thus far. You know it's got to be heavy on our driver's heart to know that somebody's lamp was snuffed out in an accident that he was involved in. My point is, it is not about whose fault was it but about the reality of what we are up against daily as we do our job. Who knows, there might have been some safety measures our guy could have put to use that could have prevented the accident from happening. You know so well that lots of people driving cars and other vehicles don't understand the braking system of tractor trailers. That's why they cut in front of us, many a time giving us less than a minute of reaction time. They are toying with their lives when they do that. That is where our professionalism comes into play. We know better. That's why we can't let them get us to do what would make us flip our doubles.
Except it was an off duty UPS driver that died. Indications he may have been racing. Sad, but talk about someone that should know better. Smh

amen

I know how the driver is feeling, wondering if he could of done something to prevent the accident. a little over a year ago i was involved in a accident where a car hit my truck and the driver died.

I know how the driver is feeling, wondering if he could of done something to prevent the accident. a little over a year ago i was involved in a accident where a car hit my truck and the driver died.
Wow!
That's something we all don't want to experience. It is always a blessing to depart and arrive home safely, everyday. It's hard enough to get over seeing accidents that we see on the road. Its got to be definitely harder when one is involved.