FedEx Freight | Any Mack trucks at FedEx?

SPACECADETwACDL

TB Lurker
Credits
Just one of those dumb thoughts to come along today. In all of your AF / FedEx days have you ever seen a Mack in service? I have not. I have seen:
  • Freightliner
  • Volvo
  • Ford / Sterling
  • International
  • Kenworth

Mack's!!!!

In the old AF day's when we used only IH truck's some of them had cat motor's,then the company started trying Volvo's with Cummin's only motor's and AF made a decision to only use the Cummin's motor for maintenance reason's.Now somehow Volvo talked FDX FRT into trying their Volve motor which we a few of,but to answer the Mack truck question ive been told by several maintenance personnel that FDX wont by Mack's for maintenace related issue's.Hope this answer's your question.:1036316054:

one stack mack .. with a window in the back

I have seen a mack at AF .... a city contracter out of the dallas yard had a mack .... I know thats not what your really ask .... but AF has had one!!! ...well sort of .....:hysterical:

I had a rental once when I was in the city and once when I was on the road it was a Ryder both times acctually was a nice truck pulled really well did a good job as far as I was concerened I have driven lots of macks at my prev job never had an issue with them they ride as nice as the volvo as far as I am concerend ( I know this is really going to stir up stuff among rthe volvo lovers) I think the volvos are overated I have definetely driven better

The first tractor Viking bought was a Mack, back in the late 60's.. After that they bought 5 Dodges, a few hunded Fords, 30 Internationals, and since then all Kenworths.. They have had pretty much everything else in for tests, but have never bought any.. The old truckload unit VFS trans did buy a few freightliner sleeper units but not many.

FedEx Freight and the former Viking Freight were forbidden by DOT regulation from operating Macks. It is unlawful under DOT regualtion for 2 a..holes to drive down the road staring at each other.:biglaugh: Fortunately we employed a number of those at Viking prior to my being hired, as a result we never had to drive Macks.:smilie_132:

I had a rental once when I was in the city and once when I was on the road it was a Ryder both times acctually was a nice truck pulled really well did a good job as far as I was concerened I have driven lots of macks at my prev job never had an issue with them they ride as nice as the volvo as far as I am concerend ( I know this is really going to stir up stuff among rthe volvo lovers) I think the volvos are overated I have definetely driven better

Very well said, when you go to the grocery store, you can buy kraft, or you can buy there generic brand. Fedex buy's volvo's generic brand:1036316054:

burning the house down

Driving a one stack mack is ok. As long as no one see's you.
when a MACK was a MACK ....32 manfold PSI ....1250 on the old PYRO .......LET THE BLACK SMOKE ROLL ....your right ...you will be behind me...... AND WILL NOT SEE ME ......with your shinny 290 .....:funky: