Any more Company News?

Discussion in 'Jevic Transportation' started by Dirty White Boy, May 12, 2006.

1. Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy Member

:ziplip: Gabbydad? Several people "In The Know" have been poo-pooing the theories expressed in these forums re: change of ownership. Of course, some of these same people TRUST the Talking Heads to be upfront and honest about their intentions.
    :thumbsdown:

Something was also said about certain higher-ups selling off large blocks of stock when price gets higher, then releasing detrimental info, to drive down the value of stock; then buying huge blocks, et al. Any truth to that? I know it's a way to make big bucks, and probably illegal, but sounds plausible to me. Sounds like a mini-Enron .

Anybody else got any feedback?

2. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

we are being sold. period. we will be going private. the mood in delanco was very positive this week.

that's all i know.

3. Brother Trucker

Brother Trucker Member

Does that mean that SCST will be no more or does that mean Jevic will be cast adrift?

The reason I ask is that a certain poster on another board (financial) is making smoke signals about a similar conclusion.

Then one must ask if there is one company, why would there be a need for a holding company with its attendant and costly overhead?

4. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

exactly. conventional wisdom is that scs won't be needed since we're being sold as a package with saia.

5. Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy Member

Latest rumor is that DHL is buying us? Anything to that? :Pick-Me: (somebody, plz)

6. BuzzBeez

BuzzBeez Extraboard Crazy

One would like to think that, but if you go to about any other ltl company forum, the DHL name comes up all the time. Seems like that rumor circulates all over the place.

7. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

I heard both DHL and Old Dominion thrown round this week.

I bet it's a group of investors who'll take it private for 3 - 5 years, and bring it back public and reap he rewards.

Don't forget that DHL is the one who helped Yellow finance the Roadway purchase.

Speaking of which, after that purchase, I figure anything is plausible till the ink dries....

8. flstc2000

flstc2000 Member

Wrong information !!
    German banking giant Deutsche Bank AG and Deutsche Bank Securities helped arrange the financing deal.
    DHL is a completely separate and different German company. They had no involvement with the YellowRoadway purchase.

9. Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy Member

Yeah, I've heard the OD rumor for awhile now.
    Re: the 'Private for 3-5 yrs" post, Anything should be better than status quo;...but who knows? The old adage is "Be careful what you wish for. You might get it"! :duh:

10. CFer

CFer Active Member

You're right flstc2000. DHL is owned by Deutsche Post World Net. They are not associated with German banking giant Deutsche Bank AG or Deutsche Bank Securities.

I think the confusion comes from the word Deutsche in the title of all the companies. I believe Deutsche means German so I'm sure it's used in many different German company names.
    You can compare it to American Express or Bank of America

11. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

regarding my dhl comment...

...I'm not very bright, but I can lift heavy things.

:duh:

12. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

by the way, we will have news within the next three weeks.

Everything indicates something positive.

:bgroovy: :bgroovy: :bgroovy: :bgroovy:

13. Brother Trucker

Brother Trucker Member

A lot can happen to the economy in that time span. It is entirely possible to see a drastic change in the political landscape of this nation which could conceiveably affect the economy as a whole. And as everyone is acutely aware so goes the economy, so goes the trucking industry.

14. BuzzBeez

Hey Gabbydad, heard any chatter about not exchanging freight with Saia after June 1 ? Can't hardly believe that one . Still sending loads west/southwest to them from j2.

15. Brother Trucker

Brother Trucker Member

Who is gonna handle all the appt freight you guys send our way?

16. BuzzBeez

Don't think anybody else would want that either. Sure seems like every load they give out lately has at least 1 appointment stop on it. Sometimes 2 or 3 . Hate to see that crap freight. Most of the stops are groc whse anyway. Can't believe sales is taking that freight.

17. Brother Trucker

Brother Trucker Member

Haven't seen any Jevic trucks at DLS since the day after Memorial day. Just one trailer sitting on the yard. Maybe the exchange has stopped or maybe its just a holiday lull.

18. nervouswreck

nervouswreck Member

One was backed to the dock in CLT today. Same one that comes everyday. Been noticing alot of their new Volvos on the road, too. Somebody's spending some money.

19. nightshadow

nightshadow Member

This is virtually the textbook definition of insider trading. If someone in management is doing this, stay tuned, you'll see them taking their "perp walk" shortly.

20. cstaats

cstaats Member

Saia is receiving freight from Jervic but will not be sending any to Jervic. Freight to the Jervic territories will now move through partner LTL's.