Holland | any new trucks at holland?

I would happily trade a new truck for a little job security.

:USA:I believe that if the American people would just try to attempt to buy an all America product we would all see a little more security. I know it is hard to do now a days to buy an all America product, maybe a tariff on imports would help???:USA:

:USA:

Be American- Buy American. If you are not part of the solution- you are part of the problem. Bring back the brand- The MADE IN USA brand!

:USA:​

I myself don't care if we get any new trucks... my morning super tells me that the older trucks go out first, except for the chosen few drivers that have to drive a Volvo everyday.:TR10driving03: Volvo's suck,:puke: let the road guys keep them, they are in the trucks longer than us city guys. No need to wear them out when we have city units sitting. The old ones work for me, I would just be happy to get called in once in awhile. :Violin:I know quit your whining.:hissyfit:

Just to refresh this threads topic for everybody, allnightrain44 works for New Penn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnightrain44 View Post
got a question for you guys at holland. have you taken delivery of any new volvo;s at holland since the begining of the year? if so, have they been put into service yet?

Sorry for the rant... no new trucks at my terminal that I know of.:smilie_132:

You were fine Stimpy, it wasn't yours. You were talking about the general subject. I just wanted to repost the topic of the thread. Thanks anyway though.

now you see them now you dont! Yellow came around and gathered them all up.Go figure??

new volvos suck anyway, try to get an international,they pull better no regen. crap, and they dont ride much worse anyway.there is a bunch of cornbinders sitting around.

new volvos suck anyway, try to get an international,they pull better no regen. crap, and they dont ride much worse anyway.there is a bunch of cornbinders sitting around.

To each his own. The Volvo cab room is awesome, they ride real fine to me, better visibilty, handle good in the snow, do pull weaker then cornbinders though. I love that dumb hook up light switch behind the drivers seat and the messed up dash board switch configeration on the " cornbinders ". Yada,yada,yada!!! :tongue:waycool:

about 5 that i could see in IND (yellow) behind the shop

Yeah... I seen 2 or 3 behind the Yellow shop at Indy about 2 weeks ago... There is one parked at the Yellow shop in Atlanta that must have arrived piggyback because the air shield is still disassembled...

Just a tidbit from the past... Yellow has several Volvos (not exactly sure how many but I do know that it is less than 10 and they are in the 5099_ series) that were destined for Holland a couple of years ago but, for some reason, were put in service at Yellow... They all have the darker orange color and run 65 mph...

To each his own. The Volvo cab room is awesome, they ride real fine to me, better visibilty, handle good in the snow, do pull weaker then cornbinders though. I love that dumb hook up light switch behind the drivers seat and the messed up dash board switch configeration on the " cornbinders ". Yada,yada,yada!!! :tongue:waycool:
At least the later model 9300 series Freeway Farmalls have electric wipers and dash gauges that you can actually see at night without having to ride with a flashlight in your lap...

And the roofs probably don't leak on them either...