FedEx Freight | Any news on if there will be an October pay increase?

No, it means the union is doing their job...and not very well mind you!!
So you're now telling me that the employees must vote on every little topic/issue that's negotiated between the union and the company before moving on to the next topic/issue?? Hmmm, and here I thought the union was supposed to do their job and bargain/negotiate on behalf of the employees and provide them with an offer to vote on once all is said and done. If it worked the way you guys are implying, they'd only negotiate one topic/issue, have a contract, and the company would have no need to negotiate anything else!!
Who said anything wasn't to be discussed?? I understand though, with the way the union caved I wouldn't want the truth out there either!!

For someone who "claims" to be from some podunk town in TX that knows nothing about the issues, you seem to be well informed...well, somewhat informed anyways, just sayin'. :idunno:
No red I didn't think I implied that every issue is voted on, if I did that's my mistake. What I inferred was you said the raise was negotiated and that you would be getting the raise I just figured that a contract for all the issues had been reached. Our at least that's what I inferred from you post.

No spin here im not chasing my tail like you. You were wrong about raise funny how you won't admit it and just jump on to something else. Im sure your wrong about the other stuff you mentioned also.

Well guess what you were wrong too. You said the union had to sign off on the raise but the people who really don't know keep saying that everyone would get the raise no matter what. But I'm sure you're going to say you were right but that's ok. Believe what you want.

Speculating:

Most likely, all parties agreed to allow the status quo to continue. Annual raise and insurance adjust are status quo items. No one would want to deny the raise to the represented group. Legal issues, as well as principled issues would certainly arise.. Once that is agreed, the insurance kind of falls into to the same category. Status quo.

Agreeing to allow the status quo to continue, rather than challenging it, is not the same as negotiating something new that would be binding.. Nothing is binding until agreed to by all. Company, Union AND the members.

As far as the status of the vacation benefit (Assuming it was withheld) I've not seen which side chose to withhold that. I would argue that it is part of the annual compensation increase, in terms of value. Therefore it should be considered part of the raise, thus the status quo.

Not being on the committee, we are left to speculate without all of the key details.

WTF are you talking about??
I've already said the union gave us the raise...it was JB&G, the Lizard, and pops that implied every little issue must be voted on by the drivers. I said the union negotiates on our behalf, then provides the drivers with what they feel is the best possible offer....am I wrong??
Don't pull that ::shit:: with me. I never said or implied their was a vote on every issue.

For someone who "claims" to be from some podunk town in TX that knows nothing about the issues, you seem to be well informed.
I don't just claim to be from some podunk town in TX, I actually am. As to being informed I have tried to keep up with what's going on. Have never said that I wasn't pro union, just that regardless of what happens in these negotiations is going to affront all of us. When someone posts something I don't agree with I try to counter with sound arguments, but they don't always come out that way. Also I can only go by what you said so that's where I come up with my reasoning as flawed as that may seem to you. Really don't see the reason for all nastiness that some want to put out here but it happens. With that being said I need to go cause I have a early day tomorrow.

Well guess what you were wrong too. You said the union had to sign off on the raise but the people who really don't know keep saying that everyone would get the raise no matter what. But I'm sure you're going to say you were right but that's ok. Believe what you want.

Nope sorry i wasn't. You need to do some research on your own and not just go by what people tell you. You have been wrong so many times your catching up with Red.

No red I didn't think I implied that every issue is voted on, if I did that's my mistake. What I inferred was you said the raise was negotiated and that you would be getting the raise I just figured that a contract for all the issues had been reached. Our at least that's what I inferred from you post.
Therein lies your, and other's, problem...we've only had three meetings between the union and the company in CLT. The first two were primarily for setting the parameters and basic guidelines of future meetings in which no drivers attended. The third meeting this past Sat, which was also the first meeting where the drivers were allowed to observe, was more of the same except for when the wage increase, the 12 month moratorium on wage discussions, and the increase to our premiums were negotiated. This is the FIRST and ONLY issue that's been negotiated so far!!

Now, can you, JB&G, SAC, or any of the others please explain why in the world you would expect the drivers to vote on this ONE ISSUE and why a contract would be voted on???