FedEx Freight | Any news on if there will be an October pay increase?

Union scare is all but gone at his point. They have us and now your raise will resemble the 1/3 of a cent a mile raises you are used to getting. Pretty much guarantee it'll just be big enough to cover the raise of the insurance....barely...oh well. There ya have it. Where else are you going to go? If you had somewhere else to go I think you would have gone by now. Some terminals got cost of living, while others less than an hour away got a lot less. Yet we all stayed. We had people at our terminal whine'in...GO UNION yet they didn't show for a question and answer meeting. 1 st time they got wrote up they start ask"in again. WHEN WE GOIN TO GET THE UNION. Yet they don't want to make the calls because they are in the office bending the ear of the managers on a daily basis.Then walk out the door and say ( I hate this place) SOUND FAMILIAR. I have come to the conclusion I show up on time, do my job, get my pay and go the hell home. Screw'em. They deserve what they get.
This thread can't even get out of the second page before the Union is brought up. I don't work here but I'm interested in whether you guys get a raise because down the road it can affect everyone in LTL. We at SAIA got a 74 cent raise in July putting Dallas at 25.40 hr. The line got 2 cents per mile putting them at 62cpm. The north gets a bit more ... I think Chicago is at 64cpm. I'm not a moderator but I'm asking some of you guys to stop putting the Union in almost every thread. It's getting really old and making this site not much fun to be a part of.

Union scare is all but gone at his point. They have us and now your raise will resemble the 1/3 of a cent a mile raises you are used to getting. Pretty much guarantee it'll just be big enough to cover the raise of the insurance....barely...oh well. There ya have it. Where else are you going to go? If you had somewhere else to go I think you would have gone by now. Some terminals got cost of living, while others less than an hour away got a lot less. Yet we all stayed. We had people at our terminal whine'in...GO UNION yet they didn't show for a question and answer meeting. 1 st time they got wrote up they start ask"in again. WHEN WE GOIN TO GET THE UNION. Yet they don't want to make the calls because they are in the office bending the ear of the managers on a daily basis.Then walk out the door and say ( I hate this place) SOUND FAMILIAR. I have come to the conclusion I show up on time, do my job, get my pay and go the hell home. Screw'em. They deserve what they get.

Sounds really familiar you work at my terminal?? :lmao:

This thread can't even get out of the second page before the Union is brought up. I don't work here but I'm interested in whether you guys get a raise because down the road it can affect everyone in LTL. We at SAIA got a 74 cent raise in July putting Dallas at 25.40 hr. The line got 2 cents per mile putting them at 62cpm. The north gets a bit more ... I think Chicago is at 64cpm. I'm not a moderator but I'm asking some of you guys to stop putting the Union in almost every thread. It's getting really old and making this site not much fun to be a part of.

How about you go back to your own forum if you don't approve of this one. He speaks the truth whether you agree with him or not.

How about you go back to your own forum if you don't approve of this one. He speaks the truth whether you agree with him or not.
It has nothing to do with rather I agree with him or not. This is not the thread for union discussions. Why does it take Jeff or Smoke to step in and stop it? They have been more than patient with you guys. CT you are so hard headed.

It has nothing to do with rather I agree with him or not. This is not the thread for union discussions. Why does it take Jeff or Smoke to step in and stop it? They have been more than patient with you guys. CT you are so hard headed.

If they haven't stepped in, it's none of your business. They have been more than patient with you calling them out also. You claimed you were going away several times because you didn't agree with how this forum was operated.

No it's not sorry. Just pointing out the truth and that you should worry about your own business.
Pointing out what you believe the truth to be is fine but do it on the proper thread. That's my whole point here. Stay on topic. Are you saying you refuse to stay on topic and you will interject union discussions on any thread you want?

Pointing out what you believe the truth to be is fine but do it on the proper thread. That's my whole point here. Stay on topic. Are you saying you refuse to stay on topic and you will interject union discussions on any thread you want?

Like i said mind your own business. You claim to be a man of faith maybe you should brush up on your reading http://biblereasons.com/minding-your-own-business/
For the record did i bring it up? No but your jumping in trying to be a mod.

Like i said mind your own business. You claim to be a man of faith maybe you should brush up on your reading http://biblereasons.com/minding-your-own-business/
For the record did i bring it up? No but your jumping in trying to be a mod.
No you didn't start it but you fan the fire. I'm not trying to be a mod and I actually just ask if you guys could stay on topic. It's your right to tell me to **** off. Which is exactly what your doing.

No you didn't start it but you fan the fire. I'm not trying to be a mod and I actually just ask if you guys could stay on topic. It's your right to tell me to :censored: off. Which is exactly what you doing.

Then quit acting like i did. Read the link i posted it might do you some good.

Then quit acting like i did. Read the link i posted it might do you some good. Yes you are trying to be a mod. Who are you to tell a member what they can and can't do, If your not trying to be a wannabe mod.
I give up. I guess it's just to hard for some to stay on topic. I shall now go back to minding my own business.

This thread was originally started looking for opinions on the upcoming wage increase. Unless things have changed since I retired, its only the top of scale who receives the increase. There is another thread dealing with the Teamsters Union. The difference between the two seems simple enough, but then I'm old and slow. TP

Not picking on you Train, but...

The U topic does have a bit of relevance to this topic. Prior to the effort, once upon a time (long long ago), raises were announced on the 1st Tuesday in March. The week they went into effect. Few if any knew the exact number before that day. Annual increases were then moved to June for some time, to coincide with the fiscal year, but still there was no advance warning of the specific amount.

Now then, the effective date for raises was pushed back further, to October. This was said to be for the purpose of putting Freight in sync with the other op-cos. Only during this recent past have raise amounts been announced so far in advance. This coincides with the height (thus far) of the organization effort. Coincidence? You be the judge.

People have come to expect an announcement in advance, as was done in 2014 & 2015. For many, those hired in last 2 1/2 years, they've never know any different. Silence is always a concern that raises questions.

Last edited:
Not picking on you Train, but...

The U topic does have a bit of relevance to this topic. Prior to the effort, once upon a time (long long ago), raises were announced on the 1st Tuesday in March. The week they went into effect. Few if any knew the exact number before that day. Annual increases were then moved to June for some time, to coincide with the fiscal year, but still there was no advance warning of the specific amount.

Now then, the effective date for raises was pushed back further, to October. This was said to be for the purpose of putting Freight in sync with the other op-cos. Only during this recent past have raise amounts been announced so far in advance. This coincides with the height of the organization effort. Coincidence? You be the judge.

People have come to expect an announcement in advance, as was done in 2014 & 2015. For many, those hired in last 2 1/2 years, they've never know any different. Silence is always a concern that raises questions.
I give up Swamp, I'm out of here. My bet is a decert is in your guys future. We shall see who's right. The odds are highly in Fred's favor.

Not picking on you Swamp, but...

Perhaps this is another problem of today's society, everyone has to know now what's going on with everybody else and everybody has to be the first to know!! What's wrong with waiting until Oct 1st to find out what our raise, if any, will be?? Kinda like Christmas in Oct!! :1036316054:

I also agree with Train, why does the union have to be brought up on every thread?? Other than the four centers that voted yes (which a majority of the people here aren't located), the U has nothing to do with your/their raise and/or the amount.