FedEx Freight | Any news on if there will be an October pay increase?

This thread can't even get out of the second page before the Union is brought up. I don't work here but I'm interested in whether you guys get a raise because down the road it can affect everyone in LTL. We at SAIA got a 74 cent raise in July putting Dallas at 25.40 hr. The line got 2 cents per mile putting them at 62cpm. The north gets a bit more ... I think Chicago is at 64cpm. I'm not a moderator but I'm asking some of you guys to stop putting the Union in almost every thread. It's getting really old and making this site not much fun to be a part of.
vote yes

I give up Swamp, I'm out of here. My bet is a decert is in your guys future. We shall see who's right. The odds are highly in Fred's favor.
Come on Train, don't be like that. Just pointing out, it's tough to accurately talk about one without mentioning the other...

As far as the rest of your comment, you could very well be (part) right, or not. A lot (everything) depends on the actions of the Company, going forward.

Getting back on topic, I heard a theory (member of leadership) that the Company is delaying announcements, due to them waiting to see 1) how negotiations go and 2) what costs that may be associated. I disagree with that theory, for a number of reasons

Last edited:
One thing that confuses me is why when Hoot Owl and Cabby and others that don't work here post you don't tell them to mind their own business.
Why is it Hoot Owls and Cabbys business? They don't work here. Don't bother to anwser. I already know.

That is an old question he refuses to answer, instead of answering it he points out a minor and irrelevant point about one of the people you mentioned not working there yet you could easily replace that name with ten others. Him and others accuse me of just wanting to argue yet that's all he ever does and trying to have a reasonable conversation with him is impossible.

That is an old question he refuses to answer, instead of answering it he points out a minor and irrelevant point about one of the people you mentioned not working there yet you could easily replace that name with ten others. Him and others accuse me of just wanting to argue yet that's all he ever does and trying to have a reasonable conversation with him is impossible.

You could add up all of those 10 other people's posts you speak of and they wouldnt have a fraction of your posts.

Not picking on you Swamp, but...

Perhaps this is another problem of today's society, everyone has to know now what's going on with everybody else and everybody has to be the first to know!! What's wrong with waiting until Oct 1st to find out what our raise, if any, will be?? Kinda like Christmas in Oct!! :1036316054:

I also agree with Train, why does the union have to be brought up on every thread?? Other than the four centers that voted yes (which a majority of the people here aren't located), the U has nothing to do with your/their raise and/or the amount.

No problem. When one posts on here, we must half expect to be picked on, questioned, etc.

Some topics require mention of the unmentionable, as a contributing factor. On other topics, the mention is unnecessary. True.

You state that the "effort" has no effect on this topic. You might be right today. I'm not certain. Would you actually consider past early announcements, GPD adjustments (56 locations), and all other corrections/improvements to be just a coincidence?

I'm more of the opinion that very few things at FedEx happen by chance, accident, or coincidence. Most often it is in reaction, by design, or in the above case, both.

Last edited:
No problem. When one posts on here, we must half expect to be picked on, questioned, etc.

Some topics require mention of the unmentionable, as a contributing factor. On other topics, the mention is unnecessary. True.

You state that the "effort" has no effect on this topic. You might be right today. I'm not certain. Would you actually consider past early announcements, GPD adjustments (56 locations), and all other corrections/improvements to be just a coincidence?

I'm more of the opinion that very few things at FedEx happen by chance, accident, or coincidence. Most often it is in reaction, by design, or in the above case, both.
Agreed.

Yes, "some" topics do but in this topic "Any News of Oct Pay Increase", the unforementioned has no place in the discussion. As for "past early announcements", I'll also contend the unforementioned had no bearing on those as well. The only foreseeable role where the unforementioned may place relevance is within their own pay scale since the free market dictates that our scale must remain competitive...other than that, they're irrelevant on this topic IMO.
As for the other topics you mentioned, sure, it's quite possible the unforementioned played a role....just as it's quite possible they didn't, and some cases could be coincidental.

Agreed...on the most part. We would like to think that every decision is a calculated move whether it be proactive or reactive, but with some of the decisions that we've seen in the past, I highly question the "every" part!!

When there was plenty of activity we had a dollar amount in May I believe. Wait and see attitude brought radio silence on GPD or raise. I don't buy the theory Swamp heard about either. Pay would not be discussed this early in negotiations so that to me sounds like misdirection or ill informed management.

Yeah boy that makes sense. There is a big difference. They are not on here everyday beating a dead horse arguing about the same things that have been discused over and over.

No you are and it never mattered when I was s new poster it was the same thing from you and your ilk. And it does make me posting more than someone else is no excuse for your hypocrisy. On a side note since you demand proof and examples from everyone else like you did in my pension fact argument how many more posts do I have comparatively speaking? And you better have an answer or your whole premise is invalid. Your standard not mine.

When there was plenty of activity we had a dollar amount in May I believe. Wait and see attitude brought radio silence on GPD or raise. I don't buy the theory Swamp heard about either. Pay would not be discussed this early in negotiations so that to me sounds like misdirection or ill informed management.
We were told early long before there was any activity at all, just because there hasn't been mention of any raise early this year is no reason to sound the alarms IMO.
I agree, I don't buy into the theories that Swamp mentioned either, nor does anyone really know the reasoning for the silence...and again, if one is not at a center where negotiations are taking place, then it has no bearing on their raise anyways.

The overall problem with our society is that we have a culture of "Poor me, everyone is against me; It's not my fault i've failed." If your life sucks, it's because you've failed to work hard enough. Bust your ass and you will succeed. Or feel sorry for yourself and fail.

End of sermon.
It's called the entitlement generation which is basically the failed offspring of the baby boomer's and their children!!

The problem starts in the classroom where every child is told how great they are no matter how bad they suck at something and we no longer crown winners because we don't want to hurt the loser's feelings....now every child gets a participation trophy!!
Then that message is carried over to the home where parents won't tell their children no and we as a society have to deal with the monsters that both have created!!

The utopia that both are trying to create doesn't exist, in the real world there ARE winners and losers...which probably explains why so many college grads end up unemployed and living with their parents, because they weren't groomed to be winners, therefor they don't know how to win. They expect everything to be given to them just as it has their whole life!!

:soapbox:

What in the world does either of the last 2 posts have anything to do with asking about our upcoming raise i will never know.