ABF | Any news on the COO?

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
I understand that ABF has put in for a Change Of Operation. Does anyone have any details. From what little I have heard, it's about the premium service employee?!? DS.

Thats what I could make out of what they have posted at work. The hearing will be in RI I think that is what Clayton told me. It will affect all the barns in 391 too. I might not be correct.

hillbilly frog said:
Thats what I could make out of what they have posted at work. The hearing will be in RI I think that is what Clayton told me. It will affect all the barns in 391 too. I might not be correct.
I know the Easter Reigon is meeting there now. I will ask our BA about it in the morning. He said the temps are like 44 during the day!!:waycool: LOL. DS.

I think the COO was heard up there. A notice will be posted on it. We will probably have a "craft meeting" at the hall, to discuss it. I'll try to be there too, because I feel that's the next move for RDWY. DS.

I don't know for sure but the steward on the ABF dock in Kernersville told me today that the change was approved and will be implemented sometime in May. We shall see who gets affected the most and the worst from all of it......:ShakeHandsNah:

Harleydad75 said:
I don't know for sure but the steward on the ABF dock in Kernersville told me today that the change was approved and will be implemented sometime in May. We shall see who gets affected the most and the worst from all of it......:ShakeHandsNah:
Welcome to the boards there Harleydad75!! I know both of the stewards on the dock. They are some good guys. I go "up on the hill" to see them sometimes. DS.

I heard today that Dale S. posted the Premium Service Driver crossover. I don't think it is too clear on what the hours are, pay etc. I do know that they are supposed to get the info to all interested. I think there is only one opening. DS.

I'm out of pvd and do not do pse work. The way it's set up here is 3 drivers can voulintarily bid the jobs if hired before 5/15/05. After that new hires can be force on the bid. You cannot be layed off on that bid,but should a lay-off occur in a given week a senior man can bump into that board the following week.A $.20 pay differential is included with the job. We at 047 have 1 bid that does a meet & turn with a 042 man at New Haven. Then 2 other men do various P&d's at regional terminals (all at night). If there isn't enough road work the T.M. can use these 2 men at his discretion otherwise they are controlled by central dispatch.We're turning into a CCX,slowly but surely

Hey there Big Al,
Remind me to give you back the tool I borrowed. It did the job fine but it didn't solve my problem.

Management :rolleyes: took the PSE bid down at 051 today because they say that the Sales Dept. has not had ample time to sell the product since the COO was only approved last week. We were told it could take months to repost the PSE position.:nutkick:

Hey hbf.......has Dale S...... posted the PSE job yet? I think they are ready now. I'd like to see that thing grow for you guys, plus get a few more PSE slots at Kernersville. DS.

Harleydad75 said:
Yes. The PSE bid at 051 comes down Monday night at Midnight and goes into effect at 2000 Tuesday.:bgroovy:
Hey Harleydad......you got an idea on who's gonna get it?? If you do, I'd like to see them sign up on the board and let us know how it's working. DS.