Any news on turning the trucks back up?

redbumper

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering if anyone had heard any news on the trucks being turned back up. Is the a report out there to tell us how much we have saved since the trucks were turned down and how much the milage went up? My truck has not gotten any better, if any has gotten worse.

Gentlemen,

There has been no discussion on turning the trucks back up to 68mph.

No one can estimate what the price of fuel is going to do, next week, or next year.

While the price of fuel is lower at this time, than it was when the trucks were adjusted back to 65mph, it is still roughly $1.00 per gallon higher than the price of regular gas.

Still not a bargain.

As far as the fuel economy, yes we are saving fuel, with the trucks running at a slower speed. Is it a huge difference? No, but neither is the speed difference.

I know from my years of driving that 65mph verses 68mph can seem like a huge difference, but in reality a trip from Atl to Clt is taking you 15 minutes longer at most, and 30 minutes longer in the entire tour of duty.

The 4.5% that was decreased in the speed of some of the equipment, and I say some, because not all the trucks were set at 68mph to begin with, has netted us as much as a 10% decrease in fuel consumption in some of the trucks, while others we have seen less.

Will we ever increase the speed back to 68mph? Not sure, as only time will tell. A lot of this will depend on what the economy does over the course of the next few weeks, months or year.

Thanks Mark

Thanks for the update Mark...............Welcome to the boards redbumper.........please see the roll call thread here in case you want to give your location