TForce | Any news or new rumours on the contract

6 years now... And we are still driving blue trucks and pulling OverNight and Motor cargo junk... I had a overnight trailer that was built in 92 with holes in the spring hangers the size of half dollars...

Members Push Back on UPS Healthcare Proposal
April 19, 2013: UPS Teamsters and many local unions are raising red flags about members being moved into the Central States Health Fund. The proposal has sparked resistance from members and locals opposed to benefit reductions.
Officers from every local in the West held a conference call on Wednesday and spoke out against any transfer to the Central States Health & Welfare Fund. Teamsters Local 177 which represents some 6,000 UPSers in New Jersey also joined the call.
In Ontario, California, members flooded Local 63 with phone calls. Their Business Agent promptly came out to the air hub and promised there would be no changes in members' health coverage.
Members in Iowa, St. Louis, Chicago, Ohio, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, have also voiced opposition to the plan. UPS Teamsters are concerned about changes to their healthcare, higher out-of-pocket expenses and changes in retiree coverage from higher eligibility ages to increased monthly premiums.
Management has been working a company game plan since the start of negotiations when they demanded that members pay $90 a week toward our health coverage. UPS never expected to win this demand but put it forward to try to scare and soften up members into accepting unfavorable changes in their benefits.
Hall promised negotiations would be about "improvements, not concessions." Does that apply to healthcare?
Teamsters Want Options, Right to Vote
The locals on the conference call have floated proposals to move their members who are in company plans into a Teamster fund in the West that has superior benefits to Central States.
Ken Hall alluded to this in the latest negotiations update, saying "The Company has indicated a willingness to move employees who are currently in Company plans into Central States to provide coverage. The Committee discussed the possibility of offering proposals for other Teamster plans to provide coverage," Hall said.
Contract negotiations resume Tuesday in Washington, D.C. Hall says that UPS and the International Union are both committed to wrapping up negotiations by the end of next week, four months before the contract expires.
If the proposed contract will move UPSers out of company plans and into Teamster funds, the members who are directly impacted by the change deserve a separate vote on the issue.
At Stake, Healthcare and More
UPS made record profits last year of nearly $4.5 billion.
UPS Teamsters should review the details of any tentative agreement carefully to make sure any early deal lives up the promise that Ken Hall made when negotiations began: "The more they make, the more we take."
This should apply to all of members' issues, including harassment, full-time jobs, excessive overtime, technology, pensions, part-time wage increases and more.
UPS Teamsters Need a Pension Increase
March 15, 2013: Does a ten-year freeze in pension benefits sound too long to you? That is what half of all UPS full-time Teamsters could face, unless there are improvements put in Article 34 of the UPS National Contract.
The IBT-UPS Pension Plan covers Teamsters in 24 states (the southern region, the Carolinas, and most of the central region), but this plan has the lowest benefits of all Teamster pension plans!
Fortunately, that situation can be corrected now, in this contract. The benefit levels ($3,000 for 30-and-out; $2,000 25-and-out) are specified right in Article 34, Section 1, and have been the same since 2007 when the contract was ratified.
Unless there is a significant boost in benefits, they could be frozen until 2018, with no improvements for inflation. With inflation of three percent a year that $3,000 would be worth only $1,971 in 2018.
So a $1,000 increase in benefits is needed just to keep benefits from going backward.
The International union has already conceded that retirees under the company plan will have to pay more for health insurance in the future.
UPS runs this pension plan right out of the Atlanta headquarters. It costs them far less money than other plans for full-timers, because of the lower benefits and its status as a single-employer plan.
Don't settle short and regret it later. Demand a pension increase. No excuses

I agree 100%.. I want to be proud of who I work for... And I like new things...

If there is one thing I have learned so far working here,...

NEVER ask for anything "new",.......................................

Change is never good,...................................................

I heard in the next contract we are still going to deal with harassment and totally incompetent management. That's not a rumor, it's 100% fact.

I heard in the next contract we are still going to deal with harassment and totally incompetent management. That's not a rumor, it's 100% fact.

I don't think upper management is going to fire all of lower management just because the rank and file don't like them. And we will always be harassed.