ODFL | Any od company mechanics here?

Piano Man

Please don’t tell my mom I’m a freight hauler.
Credits
I have a newer Cascadia, it cancels the cruise control and says NO ACC “no accelerator“ like it isn’t registering the pedal or something on the cms screen.

I have written it up but they couldn’t get it to replicate and our mechanics told me to ask at the other shops if they had dealt with this particular issue before and to find out what it ended up being.

Thanks.

Some do that at Estes. If you get to close to another vehicle it will cancel the cruise and you have to stop the tractor cut it off to reset it and then the cruise will work again. I was told its part of a safety sensor and its doing whats its suppose to do. Aggravating to have to stop and shut off engine to reset it. If a car cuts in front off you to close it will do it. I wish companies would let drivers be drivers and not have all this crap on the trucks. First time i was in a tractor and it braked on its on going under an overpass scared the bejeebers out of me. Sensor was off and it thought i was going to collide with the overpass. Does it a lot to in a construction zone with the orange barrels. Some of the safety stuff could cause an accident. I miss the old days when a driver was the driver and the tractor was a tractor and i controlled it.

Some do that at Estes. If you get to close to another vehicle it will cancel the cruise and you have to stop the tractor cut it off to reset it and then the cruise will work again. I was told its part of a safety sensor and its doing whats its suppose to do. Aggravating to have to stop and shut off engine to reset it. If a car cuts in front off you to close it will do it. I wish companies would let drivers be drivers and not have all this crap on the trucks. First time i was in a tractor and it braked on its on going under an overpass scared the bejeebers out of me. Sensor was off and it thought i was going to collide with the overpass. Does it a lot to in a construction zone with the orange barrels. Some of the safety stuff could cause an accident. I miss the old days when a driver was the driver and the tractor was a tractor and i controlled it.
Those bejeebers can be hell even on a good day so they tell me.
I'm glad the trucks didn't have today's technology in my days.:tr10driving03:

Dude !
Wooden wagon wheels , broken spokes , horses spitting the bit , yea , thank The Good Lord.
poop GIF

Then the horse shoe replacement...
It was bad with just that stuff as a driver.

Ours do the same with cars cutting us off, overhead signs and metal undercarriages from bridges. In winter I never run the cruise anymore even on dry road. Too much risk with these things.

I’d like to go back to being a wheelman myself, and just assume not even have power steering. I like electric windows and a/c but the new power steering systems seem like they wander and need to constantly saw wheel all night to get back on top of them or stay ahead of them. It feels like they are too sensitive.

Ours do the same with cars cutting us off, overhead signs and metal undercarriages from bridges. In winter I never run the cruise anymore even on dry road. Too much risk with these things.

I’d like to go back to being a wheelman myself, and just assume not even have power steering. I like electric windows and a/c but the new power steering systems seem like they wander and need to constantly saw wheel all night to get back on top of them or stay ahead of them. It feels like they are too sensitive.
Aw the good old days, here's to the ones who have never driven one.
No, our's didn't have air seats.

My first complaint. In the Northwest with wet roads and ice, the auto braking could lead to the back box swerving. I had a situation on the Fremont bridge, have no clue why but the brakes came on and there I was. 50 mph to 15 mph. in evening traffic.
I had a problem with my tractor pulling to the left when applying the brakes. Shop said that that was happening to a lot of the new tractors.

I have a newer Cascadia, it cancels the cruise control and says NO ACC “no accelerator“ like it isn’t registering the pedal or something on the cms screen.

I have written it up but they couldn’t get it to replicate and our mechanics told me to ask at the other shops if they had dealt with this particular issue before and to find out what it ended up being.

Thanks.
ACC is adaptive cruise control

My first complaint. In the Northwest with wet roads and ice, the auto braking could lead to the back box swerving. I had a situation on the Fremont bridge, have no clue why but the brakes came on and there I was. 50 mph to 15 mph. in evening traffic.
I had a problem with my tractor pulling to the left when applying the brakes. Shop said that that was happening to a lot of the new tractors.
Don’t use cruise control on wet roads and ice….

So far I have found the only solution is to pull off shut the tractor down for 5 minutes or more then try again.