FedEx Freight | Any opinions Low Price??????

fr8rookie

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering, Its seems to me that the Family let WML go for a low ball price, wells that what was reported. I would think a low debt company making money with more than a few buyers on the horizon with plenty of cash would have drove the price skyward.I was thinking 1.5 billon or More. I know Overnite price but the owners have been lookin for a buyer for awhile. Just lookin for some thoughts from others.

Just a thought...

fr8rookie said:
Just wondering, Its seems to me that the Family let WML go for a low ball price, wells that what was reported. I would think a low debt company making money with more than a few buyers on the horizon with plenty of cash would have drove the price skyward.I was thinking 1.5 billon or More. I know Overnite price but the owners have been lookin for a buyer for awhile. Just lookin for some thoughts from others.
I think while low debt is just one factor,i am sure there were other factors considered.. 1st-WML hit 1 billion in revenue last year, so it will take FedEx while to make up the 780 million and turn a profit back on their investment. 2nd-while i am sure there are othe prospective buyers, there are probably not an over abundance looking for a long-haul ltl willin to put down a billion, or for that matter have it to invest. 3rd-with these things considered i am sure, while it may not seem so to some, or may seem like bull... Chip Watkins may have actually cared about who the company Bill and others have built, was actually sold to. Maybe DHL was sniffing around, and maybe the Watkins family cared if the
WML family was sold to a foreign company. Maybe they prefered that they made a deal with a company that is consistently voted as one of the best places in the world to work.
This post is not meant to start a big yaahyaahing back in forth. Just a thought. I have done some work with TruckStop Ministries Inc.(TMI) of whom the Watkins family has been a long time financial contributor, i have learned over the years that they care deeply, for the trucking community as a whole, it would certainly not shock me if they considered strongly, what would be the best for the whole of WML.
Man, i am sorry i was so long winded.
God Bless,
Joe B
:hypnotized:

fr8rookie said:
you think that 780 mil is too low for canada,thats what they really wanted.

Pinball, what u said is well thought out and what I was looking for in this thread. But to say someone would spend 780 millon for Canada I think is pushing it alittle. I would think a Canadian carrier would be alot cheaper to buy. Only time will tell and I wish only clear highways to all. sounds like some of Fedexs driver may be worried about this just like WMLs are.

Seems to me that business sale prices are usually 3-5 times earnings. But the price quoted may not included assumed debt. I doubt that would bring it up to the 3 bills I would have expected.

fr8rookie said:
sounds like some of Fedexs driver may be worried about this just like WMLs are.

Nothing to worry about, we both still have jobs and freight to move, whether it's under the Watkins name or FedEx or Yellow Or anyone else, the fact is there is still the same amount of freight and the same number of trucks and drivers needed to move it.

It'll be fine, just wait and see.

FM

The 780 million was the cash amount. Who knows how much stock they got and what Chip and Clay's continued yearly earnings will be.

hammerhead said:
you think that 780 mil is too low for canada,thats what they really wanted.

close...... they wanted Canada AND Mexico. Something tells me that the folks at Day and Ross kinda wish they had considered FX's offer a little more closely. They're fixin' to fall out of a crap load of freight real soon.