Yellow | Any positive developments?

I realize that empty miles get pooled and split but why waste 4 hours cramming and jamming freight onto trailers for a 100 mile trip. We don't load directs because we have lost a lot of our freight and all our freight is funneled through 1 break. We used to run to 6 different breaks and had an enviable service that was hard to beat, now the freight we used to do overnight or 2 day lanes is gone because it now takes 2 days to get it 400 miles down the road. Load factor on a 100 mile run should not even be a consideration, run the freight to the bulk and have them load it direct. We might even get our inbound in a little earlier if they had to get outbound cleaned up.
Common sense isnt a stat on a computer screen.

Running empties is not counted in load factor. Its equipment repositioning and I think it can be written off.

Any cost of business comes off the bottom line.If they get more of a deduction for moving an empty vs a trailer with freight on it they should communicate that to us.
I can't imagine it being advantageous if they consider the cost of the loading,breaking and service delays.

From have I am seeing is that we are not servicing freight anymore we're just hauling it around so when it gets there it gets there. Same problem here had us servicing freight from here to the old Preston "Superior Region" lanes moving alot of freight.. Then the brain trust and their world of wisdom trucked that up with their COO's. Lost 2 days of service and customers and the freight moving to the west coast putting it onto the rail was pure stupidity known we can't make the service.

Guys not doing their jobs is killing us also. The fuel guys are supposed to inspect the truck and trailers before it gets dispatched but all they do is run around the truck and go to break 20 minutes early and come back 20 minutes late. Unfortunately I've had a lot of different jobs since high school and this is the only place I've seen everybody go to break at the same time. That will never work in today's world. It's not the 1960's anymore and the union is going to have to realize you can't stop operations so guys can play dominos

Guys not doing their jobs is killing us also. The fuel guys are supposed to inspect the truck and trailers before it gets dispatched but all they do is run around the truck and go to break 20 minutes early and come back 20 minutes late. Unfortunately I've had a lot of different jobs since high school and this is the only place I've seen everybody go to break at the same time. That will never work in today's world. It's not the 1960's anymore and the union is going to have to realize you can't stop operations so guys can play dominos
You must be at 309 Mook?????

It's the same everywhere. Guys think it's only 10 minutes but multiply that by 3 shifts and how many guys system wide and its a lot of money everyday wasted
I will try to remember that next time I'm picking up where another driver is emptying out.

Any cost of business comes off the bottom line.If they get more of a deduction for moving an empty vs a trailer with freight on it they should communicate that to us.
I can't imagine it being advantageous if they consider the cost of the loading,breaking and service delays.
Therin lies the difference between having a freight guy in charge vs a pencil pusher.

I will try to remember that next time I'm picking up where another driver is emptying out.
Think he means more like the 1 hook per hour, 3 switchers to break down a set and put to yard or dock, 3 bills per hour on the dock, 2 hours to get in and out of the rail yard( not counting sleep time), 1 hour tractor switch, 12 hour days doing less than a 100 miles driving while going to rail and back twice, guys riding around the yard in sleeper tractors listening to the radio, and my favorite, seeing guys standing at the clock waiting for top or bottom of the hour so they get an even 12-14 hours because YRC owes them.

Think he means more like the 1 hook per hour, 3 switchers to break down a set and put to yard or dock, 3 bills per hour on the dock, 2 hours to get in and out of the rail yard( not counting sleep time), 1 hour tractor switch, 12 hour days doing less than a 100 miles driving while going to rail and back twice, guys riding around the yard in sleeper tractors listening to the radio, and my favorite, seeing guys standing at the clock waiting for top or bottom of the hour so they get an even 12-14 hours because YRC owes them.
Guys that think the only reason Yrc is around is to give them a job

Money??? Who needs money!! James and Jamie will go to Synergy Bank. Synergy Bank, where your credit is dependent on how many times you cite "Synergy" for how your paying for it.
After all, YRCW is a great client! Synergy Bank knows YRCW on a first name basis.

Money??? Who needs money!! James and Jamie will go to Synergy Bank. Synergy Bank, where your credit is dependent on how many times you cite "Synergy" for how your paying for it.
After all, YRCW is a great client! Synergy Bank knows YRCW on a first name basis.
We are on the Metric system now:bananag:

Just wondering if anyone has seen any positive developments inside the company of late? Same sad story where I'm located poor service and continual loss of business. Bill count continues to dwindle, lose accounts we've had for years and never get them back. I haven't seen management do anything positive to help the situation. Financials are only improving due to capacity constraints in the industry. Just looking for other opinions.
Positive Developments won't happen at YRC, they have no credibility after pensions promised are ground up to mince meat. When a company takes equity you have built for them and try's to undercut you in your position they lose what is called integrity. Once the integrity is broken they do not deserve your respect, and those who never stood up to cry foul stay in the bucket as the bucket fills with muck. The only positive development is people realizing how full the muck is in the bucket and moving on with their lives in a healthy bucket somewhere else. Because the folks in the bucket seem to enjoy the slimed feel of the muck!

Odd you use Bucket cause first it was Buckets then Synergy and now we have Metrics! I think management should try Failures if they can count that high:emoticon digging:

Guys that think the only reason Yrc is around is to give them a job
Yrc has no reason to be around. They should be gone. Any company that loses that huge amount of money year after year doesnt deserve to continue. It would have been very beneficial to the union, pensions, and industry if Yellow had disappeared when they went bankrupt many years ago.

Yrc has no reason to be around. They should be gone. Any company that loses that huge amount of money year after year doesnt deserve to continue. It would have been very beneficial to the union, pensions, and industry if Yellow had disappeared when they went bankrupt many years ago.
If nothing else this man is consistent.