Any positive developments?

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by highheadblues, May 20, 2015.

1. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" ~ Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Elwood and Sugarfoot like this.
  2. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Last, bag standing

Huh????

mike likes this.
  3. longblade

longblade im here to make you uncomfortable

duhhh its the company that insists that break are taken together so they keep and eye on you. . you sound like a real piece of work yourself

4. flat top

flat top Active Member

I'll bite,how would it have been beneficial to the pensions, exactly?

Sugarfoot likes this.
  5. longblade

i believe he is talking pre drunken sailor buying of roadway and the rest hence no merge no no pension payment no give backs . it would of kept the disaster to a minimum

6. Huh what?

Huh what? Banned

And Chicago... Sorry

7. Sugarfoot

Sugarfoot " I'm just a truck driver "

LB, I think we all know what he means. I don't need my decoder ring to figure out Brother atm. But, Let's not forget the B/S's working for Y. The ? is, how would seeing one of the Big 3 LTL's close, have helped, 15 thousand+ Members, the Union, MEPF's or the Industry ?

And please, don't respond by saying they would have found employment with the surviving, healthier Carriers. The fact is, many, never work in this Industry [Union or not] again for any number of reasons, the same as the ones who take lay-offs instead of moving, as you and I did on a change of Ops.

Why can't we all understand that 26 thousand YRCW Employees are still working, very hard. Is it Scheherazade, of course not, nothing is. But we are trying Our collective Best.

roadboss and Triplex like this.
  8. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

Thats part of it. Yellow was also the inventor of the big discount, running all the smaller companies out of business. They also believe in growing market share by buying (even when you dont have the money to) the competition. Now they are the king of the discount which has contributed to badly depressed pricing and now it is killing them. Karma is a bitch. If yellow had disappeared when they were bankrupt a few decades ago, many more good union companies would still be here.

joes bar and grill and spiracer like this.
  9. Triplex

If, if, if, if, if, if, if, ............. :smile new:

Sugarfoot likes this.
  10. highheadblues

highheadblues Well-Known Member

Name the good union companies that would still be here. You don't think the non union carriers that don't pay pensions or even overtime wouldn't have been able to put those same carriers out like you claim yellow did?

Triplex likes this.
  11. 2much2do

2much2do New Member

I don't know how to post links, but there's a report in Reuters Business News titled, "Global Banks Admit Guilt in Forex Probe, Fined Nearly $6 Billion" dated May 20, 2015. It quotes Attorney General Loretta Lynch and includes, among others, JP Morgan Chase, Barclays, and Citigroup. It says, "Lawyers said the guilty pleas would make it easier for pension funds and investment managers who have regular currency dealings with banks to sue them for losses on those trades."
    There are other reports in other publications referring to this news story, if you Google it. Apparently this "business practice" goes all the way back to 2007.
    Wasn't JP Morgan one of the firms in charge of our pension fund investments? Is Central States Pension Fund looking in to this?
    I haven't seen this posted in any of the forums, so I thought I should bring it up. Thank you.

PearlyJoe, Sugarfoot and falconfan like this.
  12. Sugarfoot

13. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

I think it's to late MEPRA has a provision that gives the crooks immunity from civil lawsuits‼️

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Member

Sadly all the trucking companies have lost the common sense approach to moving freight, that's what happens when you start hiring people in with college degrees who have never even seen a freight dock or don't know how to open a truck door, but they've got a degree in cookie baking so they must be smart enough to be a Vice President or ceo of a trucking company.

Huh what? and yrc-atm like this.
  15. longblade

careful nightrain many that you are talking about are here and will take offense

16. skullcramp

skullcramp Government Seal

Good post. Except the credibility part. YRC has a LOT of credibility with the banks, we keep paying credit card rates on the debt, and once they get relief from any pension liabilities, (it's coming) then they can redo the debt covenants, pay up the next installment of Pierson's and Welch's next bonus, and then come back for the next round of give backs. (overtime and inusrance)

mike likes this.
  17. spiracer

spiracer Active Member

Yellow Roadway and CF did conspire to put all of the union LTL carriers out of business. Ask anyone who was around in the 80s and 90s.

18. Sugarfoot

I beg to differ Bro. I worked @ R, and was laid off 16 different times from 1980-1984, because R wouldn't discount. I would like to see proof of any conspiracy.

mike likes this.
  19. Triplex

If someone says it on TB isn't that considered proof? :hide: :lmao:

Sugarfoot likes this.
  20. spiracer

spiracer Active Member

Roadway was the last of the big 3 to start discounting freight. I guess all the Union carriers went out of business JUST BECAUSE. Why did the 3 big carriers undercut the most profitable accounts of the other ltl carriers.

muddog likes this.