Yellow | Any positive developments?

Guys not doing their jobs is killing us also. The fuel guys are supposed to inspect the truck and trailers before it gets dispatched but all they do is run around the truck and go to break 20 minutes early and come back 20 minutes late. Unfortunately I've had a lot of different jobs since high school and this is the only place I've seen everybody go to break at the same time. That will never work in today's world. It's not the 1960's anymore and the union is going to have to realize you can't stop operations so guys can play dominos
duhhh its the company that insists that break are taken together so they keep and eye on you. . you sound like a real piece of work yourself

Yrc has no reason to be around. They should be gone. Any company that loses that huge amount of money year after year doesnt deserve to continue. It would have been very beneficial to the union, pensions, and industry if Yellow had disappeared when they went bankrupt many years ago.
I'll bite,how would it have been beneficial to the pensions, exactly?

i believe he is talking pre drunken sailor buying of roadway and the rest hence no merge no no pension payment no give backs . it would of kept the disaster to a minimum

i believe he is talking pre drunken sailor buying of roadway and the rest hence no merge no no pension payment no give backs . it would of kept the disaster to a minimum
LB, I think we all know what he means. I don't need my decoder ring to figure out Brother atm. But, Let's not forget the B/S's working for Y. The ? is, how would seeing one of the Big 3 LTL's close, have helped, 15 thousand+ Members, the Union, MEPF's or the Industry ?

And please, don't respond by saying they would have found employment with the surviving, healthier Carriers. The fact is, many, never work in this Industry [Union or not] again for any number of reasons, the same as the ones who take lay-offs instead of moving, as you and I did on a change of Ops.

Why can't we all understand that 26 thousand YRCW Employees are still working, very hard. Is it Scheherazade, of course not, nothing is. But we are trying Our collective Best.

Thats part of it. Yellow was also the inventor of the big discount, running all the smaller companies out of business. They also believe in growing market share by buying (even when you dont have the money to) the competition. Now they are the king of the discount which has contributed to badly depressed pricing and now it is killing them. Karma is a bitch. If yellow had disappeared when they were bankrupt a few decades ago, many more good union companies would still be here.

Thats part of it. Yellow was also the inventor of the big discount, running all the smaller companies out of business. They also believe in growing market share by buying (even when you dont have the money to) the competition. Now they are the king of the discount which has contributed to badly depressed pricing and now it is killing them. Karma is a bitch. If yellow had disappeared when they were bankrupt a few decades ago, many more good union companies would still be here.

If, if, if, if, if, if, if, ............. :smile new:

Name the good union companies that would still be here. You don't think the non union carriers that don't pay pensions or even overtime wouldn't have been able to put those same carriers out like you claim yellow did?

I don't know how to post links, but there's a report in Reuters Business News titled, "Global Banks Admit Guilt in Forex Probe, Fined Nearly $6 Billion" dated May 20, 2015. It quotes Attorney General Loretta Lynch and includes, among others, JP Morgan Chase, Barclays, and Citigroup. It says, "Lawyers said the guilty pleas would make it easier for pension funds and investment managers who have regular currency dealings with banks to sue them for losses on those trades."
There are other reports in other publications referring to this news story, if you Google it. Apparently this "business practice" goes all the way back to 2007.
Wasn't JP Morgan one of the firms in charge of our pension fund investments? Is Central States Pension Fund looking in to this?
I haven't seen this posted in any of the forums, so I thought I should bring it up. Thank you.

I don't know how to post links, but there's a report in Reuters Business News titled, "Global Banks Admit Guilt in Forex Probe, Fined Nearly $6 Billion" dated May 20, 2015. It quotes Attorney General Loretta Lynch and includes, among others, JP Morgan Chase, Barclays, and Citigroup. It says, "Lawyers said the guilty pleas would make it easier for pension funds and investment managers who have regular currency dealings with banks to sue them for losses on those trades."
There are other reports in other publications referring to this news story, if you Google it. Apparently this "business practice" goes all the way back to 2007.
Wasn't JP Morgan one of the firms in charge of our pension fund investments? Is Central States Pension Fund looking in to this?
I haven't seen this posted in any of the forums, so I thought I should bring it up. Thank you.
I think it's to late MEPRA has a provision that gives the crooks immunity from civil lawsuits‼️

I dont believe they count mt's in their load factor, so thats why they cram the ones that do have frt. That is a great example, this company lacks common sense and everybody knows how to pencil whip the numbers. They need just one metric, making money, thats it.
Sadly all the trucking companies have lost the common sense approach to moving freight, that's what happens when you start hiring people in with college degrees who have never even seen a freight dock or don't know how to open a truck door, but they've got a degree in cookie baking so they must be smart enough to be a Vice President or ceo of a trucking company.

Positive Developments won't happen at YRC, they have no credibility after pensions promised are ground up to mince meat. When a company takes equity you have built for them and try's to undercut you in your position they lose what is called integrity. Once the integrity is broken they do not deserve your respect, and those who never stood up to cry foul stay in the bucket as the bucket fills with muck. The only positive development is people realizing how full the muck is in the bucket and moving on with their lives in a healthy bucket somewhere else. Because the folks in the bucket seem to enjoy the slimed feel of the muck!
Good post. Except the credibility part. YRC has a LOT of credibility with the banks, we keep paying credit card rates on the debt, and once they get relief from any pension liabilities, (it's coming) then they can redo the debt covenants, pay up the next installment of Pierson's and Welch's next bonus, and then come back for the next round of give backs. (overtime and inusrance)

Name the good union companies that would still be here. You don't think the non union carriers that don't pay pensions or even overtime wouldn't have been able to put those same carriers out like you claim yellow did?
Yellow Roadway and CF did conspire to put all of the union LTL carriers out of business. Ask anyone who was around in the 80s and 90s.

Yellow Roadway and CF did conspire to put all of the union LTL carriers out of business. Ask anyone who was around in the 80s and 90s.
I beg to differ Bro. I worked @ R, and was laid off 16 different times from 1980-1984, because R wouldn't discount. I would like to see proof of any conspiracy.

I beg to differ Bro. I worked @ R, and was laid off 16 different times from 1980-1984, because R wouldn't discount. I would like to see proof of any conspiracy.
Roadway was the last of the big 3 to start discounting freight. I guess all the Union carriers went out of business JUST BECAUSE. Why did the 3 big carriers undercut the most profitable accounts of the other ltl carriers.