Yellow | Any positive developments?

Roadway was the last of the big 3 to start discounting freight. I guess all the Union carriers went out of business JUST BECAUSE. Why did the 3 big carriers undercut the most profitable accounts of the other ltl carriers.
I'm not in sales or p&d. I can neither confirm nor deny any undercutting. The Carriers went out for a myriad of reasons, but, Deregulation is the main culprit. You do realize that all the small non-unions were able to cover the entire Country just by submitting a form to the DOT without having to buy other Carriers for their Operating Authority. And the Union Carriers were only allowed a one time small % tax write off on what was Millions of Dollars spent.

Those Non's wouldn't even be on the radar scope today without De-Reg. They would never buy a Union Carrier to get anywhere let alone be able to afford to.

Not to beat this to death Bro, do you realize how many yrs. and and much money it took for the Big Three to cover the entire Country.?
Also, changes of Ops. Millions, build or buy or lease facility's, Millions. When the non's open up they tell their People, if you want to work there, get into your car and get going. If you're not there on Monday, to bad so sad. Etc.

Bottom Line, the Playing Field is not level !

Not to beat this to death Bro, do you realize how many yrs. and and much money it took for the Big Three to cover the entire Country.?
Also, changes of Ops. Millions, build or buy or lease facility's, Millions. When the non's open up they tell their People, if you want to work there, get into your car and get going. If you're not there on Monday, to bad so sad. Etc.

Bottom Line, the Playing Field is not level !

We remember when Big R didn't go west of the Mississippi River.

VKYVp09.jpg

Wow, your trucks had windshields? :hysterical:
Albag and I had this one we could remove the windows on hot days running across Arizona-New Mexico !!!!!

I took a good dump. I have heard that that's a positive development.

our sales staff 'retired'. when they did get new freight, it was long and ugly. if it was square, w&i persecuted them away in 1-2 weeks. we are hiring casuals out the wazoo, they work as many hours as the company wants, union will not intervene. one drver has a bid, but our regulars dont.
our ba and managers do lunch often, too cozy. no end to sweetheart deals, more amazing than before.
cdl holders dont apply because of retirement and wages, others quit after they learn the truth. manager insists we still get a 120 multiplier, not the sub 10 dollars we actually get. 30 years of service gets you less than 300 monthly.