FedEx Freight | Any raise rumors or fact

That only benefits those drivers who are still respectful enough to wash their hands after they've done their business
Not really, now we no longer have the option to use the clean paper towel that we just used to dry our hands with to open the germ infested door handle caused by those to lazy nasty to wash their hands...now they'll have to install another hand sanitizer outside the bathroom door!!

Fix one problem, create two more!! :1036316054:

Not really, now we no longer have the option to use the clean paper towel that we just used to dry our hands with to open the germ infested door handle caused by those to lazy nasty to wash their hands...now they'll have to install another hand sanitizer outside the bathroom door!!

Fix one problem, create two more!! :1036316054:
I am going to request an earplug dispenser for the men's room. The decibel level of the Xcelerator dryers is amazing. More problems...

Greetings Swamp.....
I think you may be oversimplifying the costs associated with a wage increase a bit. While you may certainly be correct regarding the 80% figure, I personally haven't looked at it, many other parts of the compensation package are directly tied to it. Take 401k and PPA for instance......they are both based off of earnings, correct? So after Oct.1, the company will be contributing a higher amount into those funds as well, simply based off the higher hourly wage. I don't know that we can assume health ins cost will not go up......Will probably have to reserve that judgement until the compensation statements are updated......

Carry on sir.....

How are ya stranger?

1st off, I want to repeat that I think the increase is VERY GOOD. I'm not attempting to be critical in any way. Just pointing out the facts, and some perspective.

I don't think we are over simplifying much, if any.

While actual dollar amounts in one area affect other areas that you mention, Percentages tend to hold true, across the board.

401k & pension numbers are pretty small, meaning we are talking single digit percentages of a single digit percentage. Example: If the raise were 3%, the maximum increase in Company contribution to 401k is 3%...of 3% A pretty small number.

Worth noting, 401k participation is not 100%. Also you might be surprised to know how low the actual participation rate is in 401k programs.

Also, in our total compensation information, all Company contributions to Benefits are listed separately, as is the AIC bonus. This percentage of a percentage increase will be accounted for there. Again, this is already factored in.

Just for reference, My wage as a percentage of total compensation is 81.369 %

Gotta run. We can discuss more, later...

How are ya stranger?

1st off, I want to repeat that I think the increase is VERY GOOD. I'm not attempting to be critical in any way. Just pointing out the facts, and some perspective.

I don't think we are over simplifying much, if any.

While actual dollar amounts in one area affect other areas that you mention, Percentages tend to hold true, across the board.

401k & pension numbers are pretty small, meaning we are talking single digit percentages of a single digit percentage. Example: If the raise were 3%, the maximum increase in Company contribution to 401k is 3%...of 3% A pretty small number.

Worth noting, 401k participation is not 100%. Also you might be surprised to know how low the actual participation rate is in 401k programs.

Also, in our total compensation information, all Company contributions to Benefits are listed separately, as is the AIC bonus. This percentage of a percentage increase will be accounted for there. Again, this is already factored in.

Just for reference, My wage as a percentage of total compensation is 81.369 %

Gotta run. We can discuss more, later...
Just to clarify, using 80% of compensation being wages, the 3.75% increase example (mentioned by The Point) becomes 3%. Still a nice number.

These are ballpark figures. Each individual case will be slightly different. I can't justify figuring the exact number, unless someone really wants it.

Last edited:
were the city trash noticing the road drivers don't get overtime?
Nope, only that our hourly rate was higher. Didn't notice that our total compensation hadn't changed much either. Just like when we used to get VPEP checks and there was such a disparity in those between city and line. Ask them if it's such a problem for them why don't they go line.
Answer was always hell no, they have to work nights, weekends and too many hours buck I still want my VPEP to be the same as theirs.
SMH

As a city driver myself, I have no complaints about the "disparity" between the wages.
I say no thanks to the shuttles but I'll do the late drop and switch customers for $41 on overtime....:1036316054:

What's wrong with you we were headed for UFC style fights city vs road winner gets more pay. :popcorn:

As a city driver myself, I have no complaints about the "disparity" between the wages.
I say no thanks to the shuttles but I'll do the late drop and switch customers for $41 on overtime....:1036316054:
Donna told me the last time you dropped your hat, she had to hire 2 Men and a Truck, and pay $300 to get it lifted back on your head....

Last edited: