FedEx Freight | Any raise rumors or fact

Last thought on the topic. I think the Company has done very well at listening. Most seem to prefer for increases to go into wages. This allows for personal responsibility and choice in what to do with the earnings. Also give the competitive advantage ,in the marketplace, as many most look at wages first, then other benefits.

Probably a good time to consider increasing personal contributions to 401-k, or investment option of your choice. Timed to coincide with the Oct effective date, it can be as painless as it gets.

That's funny, we were NOT told. Not yet, anyway...
:scratchhead:
Here you go. Also note a few other increases coming. Plus a surprise HRA credit we can't tell you about right now.
3cCZE9K.jpg

Last thought on the topic. I think the Company has done very well at listening. Most seem to prefer for increases to go into wages. This allows for personal responsibility and choice in what to do with the earnings. Also give the competitive advantage ,in the marketplace, as many most look at wages first, then other benefits.

Probably a good time to consider increasing personal contributions to 401-k, or investment option of your choice. Timed to coincide with the Oct effective date, it can be as painless as it gets.
Good point as I usually split the increase into more money into the 401k. I think the company really needs to address an increase on their side to the 401k. If the numbers of not contributing to it are true then perhaps a bump up by the company might encourage more to do it. If it does not then it would cost the company less and help those that do. The sheer amount of cookouts put on by the company shows that there is a fair amount of "disposable" income to draw from.

Good point as I usually split the increase into more money into the 401k. I think the company really needs to address an increase on their side to the 401k. If the numbers of not contributing to it are true then perhaps a bump up by the company might encourage more to do it. If it does not then it would cost the company less and help those that do. The sheer amount of cookouts put on by the company shows that there is a fair amount of "disposable" income to draw from.
I'm sure the company finds a way to write off the cookouts, as well as the many other events they have, on their taxes...

Not really, now we no longer have the option to use the clean paper towel that we just used to dry our hands with to open the germ infested door handle caused by those to lazy nasty to wash their hands...now they'll have to install another hand sanitizer outside the bathroom door!!

Fix one problem, create two more!! :1036316054:
Man, we have both turbo hand dryers AND paper towels... PLUS, we have this (below), for the germaphobes among us. I would suggest marching into the manager's office a showing him/her what is available (presumably part of the "Leaf Program"), in order to cut down on wasted paper towels.

Hands free door opener:
xxSj0Ew.jpg

Here you go. Also note a few other increases coming. Plus a surprise HRA credit we can't tell you about right now.
3cCZE9K.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Point.

I'd be willing to bet, the secret opportunity for increased HRA amount will include submission to the alternative solution "counseling" that is available. We'll see.

Man, we have both turbo hand dryers AND paper towels... PLUS, we have this (below), for the germaphobes among us. I would suggest marching into the manager's office a showing him/her what is available (presumably part of the "Leaf Program"), in order to cut down on wasted paper towels.

Hands free door opener:
xxSj0Ew.jpg
Yeeesss!!! We're working on that...these are also used at several other centers as well and they work great!!

It's our understanding that they're doing away with the paper towels...except in the "visitors" restroom...it seems grown men have a problem with putting their used towels in the trash, they'd rather throw them on the floor!! Makes one wonder what their houses look like??

Yeeesss!!! We're working on that...these are also used at several other centers as well and they work great!!

It's our understanding that they're doing away with the paper towels...except in the "visitors" restroom...it seems grown men have a problem with putting their used towels in the trash, they'd rather throw them on the floor!! Makes one wonder what their houses look like??
and trucks....

Hands free door opener:
Mighty generous of Fred !

xxSj0Ew.jpg

$1.00 a hour and .01 a mile raise

Why would you guys put up with this? OD gave us our raises and we're now the highest paying LTL in the industry with the newest and best equipment. It's obvious within the past 2 years we've passed FXF and are now top champ. Demand Old Dominion treatment or leave FXF and come to work for us.

Why would you guys put up with this? OD gave us our raises and we're now the highest paying LTL in the industry with the newest and best equipment. It's obvious within the past 2 years we've passed FXF and are now top champ. Demand Old Dominion treatment or leave FXF and come to work for us.

How's that ot?

Some numbers and associated locations would be helpful...

What to do with that pay raise...
Bump your 401k, while at the same time reducing debt. Take the Dave Ramsey approach, good advice but a little extreme on some of his ideas, especially debt retirement deadlines, but overall very good advice to retire comfortably.
RC, while not officially doing the Dave Ramsey program was doing the Dave Ramsey program long before he had ever heard of Dave Ramsey. RC will be very comfortable in retirement.

What to do with that pay raise...
Bump your 401k, while at the same time reducing debt. Take the Dave Ramsey approach, good advice but a little extreme on some of his ideas, especially debt retirement deadlines, but overall very good advice to retire comfortably.
RC, while not officially doing the Dave Ramsey program was doing the Dave Ramsey program long before he had ever heard of Dave Ramsey. RC will be very comfortable in retirement.

Have you reached babystep paid for house?