Estes | Any signs of corporate attitude at Estes Express Lines?

Legshot

Striving for Mediocrity
Credits
I was wondering if anybody is starting to see any over the top CORPORATE attitudes lately?

The safety guy came by recently and took our GARDEN HOSE AWAY!!! OUR EFFING GARDEN HOSE?????

I hope as he rolled it up, he didn't fall into any of the numerous holes in the asphalt in our yard. It's one of the reasons we actually NEED a garden hose, as the trucks pound into the holes and kick up volcanic type fallout all over our personal vehicles and company rigs.

Look, I understand how a corporate attitude comes in handy, when it is time to crunch numbers, and get money put in the bank. These type of people belong in the cubicles, not in the field.

Estes has to stop hiring failed rump swabs from failed companies. How about we keep the family feel about getting a better job done, and give the driver or dock worker incentive to move up in position? I worked for a company, where drivers were waiting in line to grab management jobs, because you made more cash, and made a difference with your knowlege. The smarter guy got the job. It was a trucking company run by truck drivers. Real nice operation, until an actual corporation took over.

Just keep your eye out for the "new rule a day", and you will know it's time.

Mister Safety decided that when wash our trucks, the oily water runs into the brook nearby... Ya know, the one you could stand on top of the water...
When it rains, the water runs up the hill I guess...:chairshot::nutkick:

Mister Safety decided that when wash our trucks, the oily water runs into the brook nearby... Ya know, the one you could stand on top of the water...

Taking the terminal garden hose doesn't sound like a safety mans call to me, seems like it would be a TM call, since when does the safety department have a say about environmental issues...he sounds like a doooosh sack!!

If the trucks are washed you have to trap the water and runoff...that is probably why he took it.

Taking the terminal garden hose doesn't sound like a safety mans call to me, seems like it would be a TM call, since when does the safety department have a say about environmental issues...he sounds like a doooosh sack!!

You are right Sir... It does sound like a TM call, but it absolutely isn't! Not at my terminal. I asked him, and he told me it was a run-off thing that the safety guy brought up. He said he has to go get the hose and put it back out.... We got a VERY cool TM here.. :butt kiss:

If I change my oil over the brook, it really is none of the "safety" guys concern, unless the banks will not hold the truck while an employee is under it!

The guy took trucks out of service for ........ get this....... no speedometers!
THEY ARE INTERNATIONALS!!! Factory speedos are looking at the ground out the side window to see how fast everything is going by! That is the only reason International put the side window in there!!!!!

It's a simple case of job justification.

You want safety???? PUT A/C IN THE PEDDLE TRUCKS!! Don't tell me about steel toes, while I'm dehydrated and ready to take out a family of three on the road while it's 99 degrees, after 12 hours!:hissyfit:

Stupid rules , this guy should take the garden hose and remove his own hat with it ..

Besides that brook is radio active anyway water with a lil oil wont hurt it