Estes | Any Truth to Rebidding?

Rumor has it, that it will take place in September.Heard also we are going to bid by company seniority. But that rumor raised it's head the last time.

I would be suprised to see them do this, and in the right way.
I was told last week that a guy with 12 years at the company got let go while a guy with less years got to keep his job.
That just is'nt right.

That's the way it works here. Senority don't mean anything. And they wonder why Jr has to go around tamping down little fires that pop up from time to time :) More they change things, the more examples of the BS that surrounds senority pop up. Hopefully it will open some peoples eyes.

from what I hear, NO REBIDDING.... they have more things to worry about!!!! if you diden't like the bid you got, just maby you should have thought about that then. we all will have a chance someday, but I don't see it happening untill this yrc crap is over, so let's stop wondering about rebidding so much, if it happens it happens, go to work, do your job,and keep ESTES on top, thats what matters!!!! peace and chicken greese, DIME OUT!!!!!

from what I hear, NO REBIDDING.... they have more things to worry about!!!! if you diden't like the bid you got, just maby you should have thought about that then. we all will have a chance someday, but I don't see it happening untill this yrc crap is over, so let's stop wondering about rebidding so much, if it happens it happens, go to work, do your job,and keep ESTES on top, thats what matters!!!! peace and chicken greese, DIME OUT!!!!!

I think the issue with rebidding is how it effects senior guys and their relation with their bids being cut. Some of the most senior guys at my barn are going to lose their bids if this 024-017 bypass thing ever happens. Then being told that a rebid won't happen for them to get back on bids that pay as well as the ones their seniority gave them the right to. If your barn isn't having runs cut and the drivers just don't like their runs, that's a total different bunch of apples.

It's not the employees that are putting this out there.This came from the hill.My sources tell me, we are going to bid. Now when, is in question.SRL out!!

Like everything else, you probably won't know if, when, or how with 100% sureness until they are good and ready to tell you :)

I have heard both. Jr says no way to bidding in Dallas. on the hill they say "where there is smoke there is fire" so who knows ? I do feel the guys that have lost their runs should bump bid but that's just my dumb thoughts.
I know the guys that don't want a re-bid or bump would think otherwise if their run was cut and forced to the board.
very few are dumb like me and prefer the extra board. I dread running bids

when I WAS ON MY INTERVIEW AWHILE BACK. and the tm was going over everything he did mention thay they may do a re-bid in sep for whats it worth I did get called back and had a dot and drug screen.... still waiting thanks for your help

welcome aboard !!! you are hired. 3 days after drug test and you will be working. if you do a drug screen here you are in. unless you fail that

when I WAS ON MY INTERVIEW AWHILE BACK. and the tm was going over everything he did mention thay they may do a re-bid in sep for whats it worth I did get called back and had a dot and drug screen.... still waiting thanks for your help

Great! Ya like BB said already, if they sent you for the D/S your in.
At least that's the way I've seen it happen 100% of the time in the past.
Welcome!...:thumbsup:

As far as the rebidding goes, here's my 2.37 cents worth. One of the reasons I hired on here all those years ago, was because we DON'T rebid. Meaning, once you get on a run, you keep it, until you move off of it, or it gets canceled. Another reason why I hired on, is because it (bid runs) goes by classification seniority, not company. Same goes for no bumping. From what I understand, nobody was forced to accept these terms. We all understood what was at stake if we lost our run, for whatever reason. If the company changed the terms before I hired on, and the terms I agreed to were "new" to the rest of the employees already on board, that is something of a different story, but still, nobody was forced to accept the "new" terms. There were plenty of good companies hiring back when I hired on here, that would have better suited somebody who wants to rebid/bump bid/etc. The gamble was, and still is, if I lose my run, I get to do the extra board shuffle for a week at a time. I'm not looking forward to that prospect at all! Just so you don't think I'm one of the low guys on the totem pole who fell backwards into a good run, if we do end up rebidding, I'll still end up on a half decent run, so that aspect of things doesn't really affect me. I've kicked around the idea in my own head of rebidding every year for quite some time, and even though I could benefit from that, I still maintain that things should just stay the way they've been. However, if you think morale is becoming an issue now, just wait until they decide to go by company seniority. Then it will get quite interesting around here! That may SEEM unfair to the guys who have a lot of time with Big E, but it only SEEMS that way. We all agreed to this system, and it should stay that way.

I disagree cpk2112. Things are changing with all kinds of runs and new terminals and a lot of high senority guys are getting the shaft. I know of one hub guy's run got changed to line haul. It was forced up for bid and while a lower senority extra gets the new run, the 10+ yr hub guy now finds himself out of hub, on linehaul extra, with no chance of getting back his senority. That's BS. And you speak of morale, nobody can argue a hire in date. Why should I be able to screw over a guy with more time with the company. IMO I shouldn't. Things change over the years, and personally I think this is a rule that needs changed to honor the guys who've been here the longest. No different then if you get laid off/work force reduction. Line haul can't bump back into city or anything. So city guy with 1 week stays, and line haul / hub says good bye with 10 years. How's that right again?

I disagree cpk2112. Things are changing with all kinds of runs and new terminals and a lot of high senority guys are getting the shaft. I know of one hub guy's run got changed to line haul. It was forced up for bid and while a lower senority extra gets the new run, the 10+ yr hub guy now finds himself out of hub, on linehaul extra, with no chance of getting back his senority. That's BS. And you speak of morale, nobody can argue a hire in date. Why should I be able to screw over a guy with more time with the company. IMO I shouldn't. Things change over the years, and personally I think this is a rule that needs changed to honor the guys who've been here the longest. No different then if you get laid off/work force reduction. Line haul can't bump back into city or anything. So city guy with 1 week stays, and line haul / hub says good bye with 10 years. How's that right again?
I've been hearing the new bump bidding is going to be by company seniority.... meaning the daylighter's can bump anyone. At my barn the daylight drivers have the most seniority. It would help me out too. I guess the bump bidding will come before the layoffs just like last year...:hide:

I've been hearing the new bump bidding is going to be by company seniority.... meaning the daylighter's can bump anyone. At my barn the daylight drivers have the most seniority. It would help me out too. I guess the bump bidding will come before the layoffs just like last year...:hide:

Sometimes it seems P&D is the most secure place to be. There are a lot of guys who wouldn't mind going back to a "normalized" life of working days and being home with the family at night if they could. But then again I'm not sure a lot of high senority daytimers want to deal with nights and winter roads in the middle of the night that don't see plows :)

Please clarify, for those who don't understand,what the hell you are talking about.What do you mean "bump bidding"? Bump bidding is not the same as re-bidding.Bumping, is a term used, in reference to a driver that has lost his run,and is given the approval,from the company,to secure a bid run,instead of having to go extra-board.But,only that terminal is involved,not the whole company.Estes has never done this.I don't expect it now.
Now, if you don't mind,quit confusing everyone,Mildew. :biglaugh:

well they used to or still do the bump and rebid practices out west.
paging west drivers please add correct info
for i may and probaly am talking out my ***